daytrader is offline Member

Red face Fundamental cutting question

This is one thing im still a little unsure about.... Ive been cutting for a total of 8wks now.... for about the last 4wks ive been REALLy strict... total of about 2200 cals a day... coming exlusivly from tuna,chicken,salmon,sweetpotatoes brown rice, fish and flax oils.... my progess.... Im down from a high of 18.9%bf to 14.3% current(taken tonite after dinner, spots were bi tri, back, and oblique)
    ok just gave ya that info so maybe it could help with my question a little better.... at this point in of my cutting progess(goal is 11%)... how often should i have a cheat meal?.... i hear conflicting things..... some say every 2wks.... others have said at 14% bf i shouldnt cheat AT ALL..... so what do you diet guys think?!..... also what do you like for that cheat meal... couple slices of pizza?? a big ass burger?? fill a brother in :

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    First off since bf readings are so inaccurate, I'd do that about once a month if that. Secondly, I'd cheat once a week and have one cheat meal then eat clean the rest of the day. You want to elevate the metabolism and crank it up a bit, you don't want to thwart your entire weekly progress. Remember as you lean out more and more, you have to lower you kcals and/or change the macro breakdowns.

~SC~

daytrader is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    First off since bf readings are so inaccurate, I'd do that about once a month if that. Secondly, I'd cheat once a week and have one cheat meal then eat clean the rest of the day. You want to elevate the metabolism and crank it up a bit, you don't want to thwart your entire weekly progress. Remember as you lean out more and more, you have to lower you kcals and/or change the macro breakdowns.

~SC~
    Thanks for the reply bro ....ya when i cheat its only one meal not a day.... i also try to save my cheat meals on a training day.... so what kind of cheat mealwould you suggest?... a carby fat cheat like a couple slices of pizza.... or more protein fat cheat like a big double burger from five guys?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, you really kind of have to experiment weekly and see what you can/cannot get away with as far as what you eat on your "free" day, how much of it you can eat, etc. It truly does differ for everyone based on natural metabolism.

~SC~

Thread Information