edgarr is offline Member

working out late and eating

lately I have been working out around 8 till 9 PM, right after I take my PWO shake of whey and dex. I need to be in bed by no later then 11 so right before bed should I stick to eating cottage cheese and flax or should this meal have some carbs in it? Should it be solids or will a shake do? Thanks.

copenhagen is offline Member
    definately make it pro/carb bro. solid food is preferable.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the same problem. I dont make it to the gym until about 8:30 or 9:00 pm and it sucks. Ive had my meals for the day and just take my pwo shake and go to bed.
    Last edited by rar1015; 06-19-2006 at 09:34 PM.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    You deff need some solid protein that will last you through the night

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    What about the muscle milk stuff? It says to take it before you go to bed

ummm if it is a choice between not eating or taking muscle milk then i would take muscle milk, but in any other case i would not take it. it mixes sugars/fats. not very wise before bedtime.

edgarr is offline Member
    I would rather take in food and not a supplement. I just heard that PPWO meal should be pro/carb. But if I am getting enough carbs in my other meals is it ok that this meal (PPWO/right before bed) be a pro/fat ie: cottage cheese and flax? My goal is to cut up over the next 10-12 weeks I would like to lose around 2-3% BF. That is why I am a little afraid of taking carbs right before bed. Thanks.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    take in a solid protein/carb meal. now, i will assume you are bulking and i would tell you that if you think your body is in dire ned of more food...then wake half way through your sleep and have a whey/flax shake. that would hold you until morning. that's an option if you are worried about it. this is why we like to have diet and preparations done before we begin a routine, and i know changes can screw things up... good luck to you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr
    I would rather take in food and not a supplement. I just heard that PPWO meal should be pro/carb. But if I am getting enough carbs in my other meals is it ok that this meal (PPWO/right before bed) be a pro/fat ie: cottage cheese and flax? My goal is to cut up over the next 10-12 weeks I would like to lose around 2-3% BF. That is why I am a little afraid of taking carbs right before bed. Thanks.

this meal really needs to be pro/carb bro. it will help with replenishing your muscle glycogen stores. you could cut one pro/carb meal out during the day and make it a pro/fat. don't be afraid bro. 10-12 weeks is pleanty of time. just do some a.m. cardio and you will be well on your way to losing 2-3% BF.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfstud18
    What about the muscle milk stuff? It says to take it before you go to bed

Muslce milk is overrated, Bro. There is way too much Fat in there 17g. I say use a Casien shake.

edgarr is offline Member
    OK, here is what I think my diet will look like, any thoughts? Everything would stay the same if i workout later I would just move the times. By the way i am 5'8 185lbs, 36 yrs and around 13-14% BF.

6:00
    5 egg whites
    20gm oatmeal
    15gm whey protein
    Cal 201.88 Protein 32 Carbs 19.5 Fat 1.5

9:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil
    Cal 386 Protein 65 Carbs 0 Fat 11.8

12:00
    8oz chicken breast
    15gm whey protein
    10ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 356 Protein 58 Carbs 3 Fat 12

3:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil
    Cal 386 Protein 65 Carbs 0 Fat 11.8

6:00 Pre-Work out
    28gm whey protein
    1 sweat potato
    Cal 218 Protein 25 Carbs 30 Fat 0

6:45-7:45 WorkOut

8:00
    45gm whey protein
    80g dextrose
    Cal 450 Protein 35 Carbs 83 Fat 0

9:30
    170gm of cottage cheese
    5ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 163 Protein 19.5 Carbs 6 Fat 6.1

Total
    Cal 2236 Protein 302 Carbs 169 Fat 44.5

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    lately I have been working out around 8 till 9 PM, right after I take my PWO shake of whey and dex. I need to be in bed by no later then 11 so right before bed should I stick to eating cottage cheese and flax or should this meal have some carbs in it? Should it be solids or will a shake do? Thanks.
    You most definately need a solid meal with pro/carbs in it for PPWO. Since you are eating cottage cheese and about to go to bed anyways, I would have some fat free cottage cheese (has some carbs in it) and a little bit of sweet potatoe or something of that nature, or oats/brwn rice...whatever just some complex carbs. Think about it....the purpose of the PWO shake is to get to your muscle fast (fast absorption) meaning it will also be out of your body and used very fast as well....meaning if you went to bed, you would have no nutrients through the night and be in a catabolic state. SO yes, take in a solid pro/cabr meal for PPW. Just eat it at like 10:30 and go to bed by 11 bro. No worries, many people do this (I do it often) with great success.

edgarr is offline Member
    so should I cut back on carbs elsewhere? I think the only place I would be able to do this is in meal 1. Also do you guys think that I am taking in to much flax for a cutting diet?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    fat amounts will depend on what you are doing elsewhere. i cut with high carbs so my fat is low, but if you are supporting a pro/fat diet cutter, than you should be ok. i think your carbs are fine by the way, IMO.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    so should I cut back on carbs elsewhere? I think the only place I would be able to do this is in meal 1. Also do you guys think that I am taking in to much flax for a cutting diet?
    No....fats look good. Just see how you respond to this for a couple weeks and then if your results stagnate, either lower the fats or carbs...depending on which route you would like to go. I personally keep my protein and fats constant throughout my dieting and manipulate carbs by eitehr slowly cutting them back, or cycling them in different amounts.

Thread Information