Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    ahh cardio. yeah i hardly do any. maybe once a week or once every other week. but ive cut it out. funny you should ask because im probably going to do it tomorrow

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    looking good bro.....how do u get away with zero cardio? Pretty active during the day?

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    ahh cardio. yeah i hardly do any. maybe once a week or once every other week. but ive cut it out. funny you should ask because im probably going to do it tomorrow
    You're freakin lucky man. I'm on a clean bulk and still do cardio 4 mornings a week...otherwise I'd blow up like a blimp.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    looking good bro.....how do u get away with zero cardio? Pretty active during the day?
    Just a great diet I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    i don't do jack. i go to class, which means i walk about a total of 1/2 mile a day, then i dont do crap. solid diet can limit fat gain as much as cardio if done correctly. i have gained fat undoubtedly, but i dont care, thats what cutting is for. bulking is bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    You're freakin lucky man. I'm on a clean bulk and still do cardio 4 mornings a week...otherwise I'd blow up like a blimp.
    im holding water and shit like that, gives me the puffy/sorta soft look. but that will subside when i lower cals and start up with the cardio. me and my g/f joke around and always call me "tubby" and we say it in a funny way. we both know im bigger than i was this summer and its funny how the abs fade somedays and others they pop. its a process man, let it slide now, its all for the future ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Just a great diet I'd imagine.
    sure as HELL isn't genetics

i just want to add a thought. when i started i got scared, scared to lose my abs. even a little controversial discussion at the beginning of this thread about it. now i don't advocate a dirty bulk, i do not see a calorie as a calorie. whole eggs are a better pro/fat source that ice creame... but doesn't taste as good i guess what im getting at is, that you will lose abs, you will hold water, but don't be afraid of it. its weight gained, weight gained only helps you add more muscle. i know i look soft, maybe even a lilttle "TUBBY" but it comes at the benefit of new mass gained and i higher LBM. everyting in life is a process. i hate school, hell im in the library right now, no shit. but its a process you fail and succeed and move on...hopefully in the forward direction. i may not have leaped forward, but i've made progress. i am new to the lifestyle of bodybuilding. some call it a sport, some call it a lifestyle. i consider it a higher knowledge of yourself. iknow more about my limits as a human than many people i know. its all a growing phase. even cutting is preparation, preparation for the next growth phase. satisfacton is the end product, and for some seems unreachable. but persistance and determination are key, key to making that little bit of progress. and that little bit of progress can go a long way.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    i just want to add a thought. when i started i got scared, scared to lose my abs. even a little controversial discussion at the beginning of this thread about it. now i don't advocate a dirty bulk, i do not see a calorie as a calorie. whole eggs are a better pro/fat source that ice creame... but doesn't taste as good i guess what im getting at is, that you will lose abs, you will hold water, but don't be afraid of it. its weight gained, weight gained only helps you add more muscle. i know i look soft, maybe even a lilttle "TUBBY" but it comes at the benefit of new mass gained and i higher LBM. everyting in life is a process. i hate school, hell im in the library right now, no shit. but its a process you fail and succeed and move on...hopefully in the forward direction. i may not have leaped forward, but i've made progress. i am new to the lifestyle of bodybuilding. some call it a sport, some call it a lifestyle. i consider it a higher knowledge of yourself. iknow more about my limits as a human than many people i know. its all a growing phase. even cutting is preparation, preparation for the next growth phase. satisfacton is the end product, and for some seems unreachable. but persistance and determination are key, key to making that little bit of progress. and that little bit of progress can go a long way.

spoken like a true man....I was/am the same way about the abs...its what is holding me back. at 6'2 and 170, hell even ethopians have abs....

That's why I do a.m. cardio religiously through bulking..... TUBBY!!

daytrader is offline Member
    #@$@ DAMN bro, that is a lot of protein. im still figuring out my diet at a young age and i was under the impression too much protein can be bad.... I typically take in around 350gs a day and on another board guys said for my size(210lbs) that is way too much. You obviously know your shit, but you really feel 480gs is nessecary?

Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    #@$@ DAMN bro, that is a lot of protein. im still figuring out my diet at a young age and i was under the impression too much protein can be bad.... I typically take in around 350gs a day and on another board guys said for my size(210lbs) that is way too much. You obviously know your shit, but you really feel 480gs is nessecary?
    uh...yes

and that diet was a primer for me at the beginning. ive changed a few things here and there, protein is probably a little lower in some cases. but for the most part i kept it around there. any questions hit me up with a pm.

That's why I do a.m. cardio religiously through bulking..... TUBBY!!
    that religiously bullshit is what cutting is for. get fat with me

that religiously bullshit is what cutting is for. get fat with me
    NEVER!!!!

I'm gonna steal your girl out from under you, "Chunks"..

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    NEVER!!!!

NEVER!!!!

NEVER!!!!

and you if anyone, should know she ain't under me FREAK!!

back at yaass!

ok, i just want to clear one thing up.

in a discussion tonight about my recent problem with obesity, lisa said she just calls me "fat" not "tubby"

this is lisa....i dont think nick is fat...

salmon1 is offline Banned
    In order to keep my GH levels elavated, I try not to eat anything after my workout for at least an hour or two. Starting doing this regularly within the last yr or so and noticied a remarkable improvement (body comp, muscularity, fat-loss, fatigue, performance, mental well-being...the whole-nine).

From what we now know, glucose shuts down gene expression in the muscle and produces free radical damage that may send the muscle cell into its death by apoptosis program.

Even more, when you ingest dextrose you alter the competition between fat burning and sugar burning. One way you do this is by creating an insulin response and a diminution of GH. This shifts the metabolic pathways to sugar use. Elevated glucose suppresses GH release. Lower GH means you burn less fat (Biochemistry for the Medical Sciences, Wiley, 1983). GH also inhibits myostatin, a protein that acts like a brake on muscle synthesis, this is one way that GH increases synthesis.

Remember, no ancestor (superbly fit athletes) drank dextrose or even protein drinks for that matter (No supplement company will ever tell you this!). They moved more vigorously when they were hungry (low glucose state) so evolution prepared muscle to adapt in a low glucose/glycogen state. The fact is exercise builds muscle better than any other way.

As always there is some indivuduality here...so tinker with the various approaches before discounting and writing any one off. The secret is finding what works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by salmon1
    In order to keep my GH levels elavated, I try not to eat anything after my workout for at least an hour or two. Starting doing this regularly within the last yr or so and noticied a remarkable improvement (body comp, muscularity, fat-loss, fatigue, performance, mental well-being...the whole-nine).

From what we now know, glucose shuts down gene expression in the muscle and produces free radical damage that may send the muscle cell into its death by apoptosis program.

Even more, when you ingest dextrose you alter the competition between fat burning and sugar burning. One way you do this is by creating an insulin response and a diminution of GH. This shifts the metabolic pathways to sugar use. Elevated glucose suppresses GH release. Lower GH means you burn less fat (Biochemistry for the Medical Sciences, Wiley, 1983). GH also inhibits myostatin, a protein that acts like a brake on muscle synthesis, this is one way that GH increases synthesis.

Remember, no ancestor (superbly fit athletes) drank dextrose or even protein drinks for that matter (No supplement company will ever tell you this!). They moved more vigorously when they were hungry (low glucose state) so evolution prepared muscle to adapt in a low glucose/glycogen state. The fact is exercise builds muscle better than any other way.

As always there is some indivuduality here...so tinker with the various approaches before discounting and writing any one off. The secret is finding what works for you! plus i suck at life!

what is the relevance to this? when did i say i did or did not agree with those who ingest dextrose, and what company do you work for? i'm waiting on you to come out and tell me what to buy. ghey.

As always there is some indivuduality here...so tinker with the various approaches before discounting and writing any one off. The secret is finding what works for you!
    You're kind of an idiot.... aren't you?

You're kind of an idiot.... aren't you?
    haha

by the way, i weighed in at 210 today!

Awesome man.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    haha

by the way, i weighed in at 210 today!
    What's the BF sitting at Nova?

Xevius is offline New Member
    Hi,
    Do you take after your workout dextrina and maltodextrina?

Xevius is offline New Member
    Hi,
    Do you take after your workout dextrina and maltodextrina?

salmon1 is offline Banned
    lmao

lmao
    WTF?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    WTF?
    its ok, i am thinking that with all of his posts

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    What's the BF sitting at Nova?
    i'm guessing 10-12%

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information