Thread: My Bulking diet

SkylineGTR is offline Associate Member

My Bulking diet

I was just wondering if you guys could critique my diet..thanks....

Meal 1
    3 WHOLE JUMBO eggs...3 egge whites ~48g protein
    1.5 cups oatmeal ~64g carbs

Meal 2
    2 cans Tuna ~60g protein
    2.5 cups oatmeal ~64g carbs
    I also add about 2 TBS of miracle whip to the tuna

Meal 3
    7 oz. chicken breast ~49g protein
    1 cup brown rice ~68g carbs

Meal 4
    PWO Shake (Weightgainer- Real gains is the brand it's great IMO) ~52g protein ~84g carbs

[B]Meal 5[B]
    7 oz. chicken breast ~49g protein
    1.5 100% whole wheat bagels (Pepperidge Farms) ~70g carbs

Meal 6
    2 cans Tune ~60g protein
    again, I add Mir. Whip
    1.5 cups oatmeal ~64g carbs

[B]Meal 7[B]
    Shake 50g protein and not sure about carbs but not as much as the other meals

I'm not exactly sure what the cals add up to but I think I am gettin enough. I have a very high metabolism so I do add sauces and stuff like that to some of the meals. I will also have some sort of fast food like McD., Wendys, Subway are the only ones I really eat. But I do this just because I know my body will burn it off. Any input on this diet?....THANKS~

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    First thing I noticed was the amount of protein in meal one. Are you sure its 48g with only 3 eggs and 3 egg whites? 3 egg whites is about 10g protein, so your jumbo eggs would have to be about 13g protein each. If this is true than cool but just make sure (also if it is tell me where you get them because those must be huge).

I guess its not a big deal but I never count PWO shake/drink as a meal. So I would aim for 6 actualy MEALS and your PWO shake is just that, its a PWO shake.

You didnt go over any fats...
    Looking at it you are getting them from oats, eggs, mayo and probably your weight gainer. I would maybe add some flax to your last shake before bed and also include other fish (salmon, tilapia) and beef into your diet that have good fats for you. Just make sure you are getting both carbs and protein from a variety of sources, add some potatoes/yams in there and add some fresh fish (not canned) like salmon or tilapia and also some beef in there.

I dont like the bagel but I mean everyone has different goals and I guess its not that bad.

Personally I would swap it for a potato.

SkylineGTR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    First thing I noticed was the amount of protein in meal one. Are you sure its 48g with only 3 eggs and 3 egg whites? 3 egg whites is about 10g protein, so your jumbo eggs would have to be about 13g protein each. If this is true than cool but just make sure (also if it is tell me where you get them because those must be huge).

I guess its not a big deal but I never count PWO shake/drink as a meal. So I would aim for 6 actualy MEALS and your PWO shake is just that, its a PWO shake.

You didnt go over any fats...
    Looking at it you are getting them from oats, eggs, mayo and probably your weight gainer. I would maybe add some flax to your last shake before bed and also include other fish (salmon, tilapia) and beef into your diet that have good fats for you. Just make sure you are getting both carbs and protein from a variety of sources, add some potatoes/yams in there and add some fresh fish (not canned) like salmon or tilapia and also some beef in there.

I dont like the bagel but I mean everyone has different goals and I guess its not that bad.

Personally I would swap it for a potato.
    My eggs I get have 8g of protein per egg....I thought all of the protein was in the whites?? If not, then I will just have to add some more eggs to it.

I'm sorry Bino, I forgot to add that I have Filet Mignon (usually a 6oz.) probably twice a week...is that ok? and how much protein is in one usually? I tried fitday but their meat section was so broad....Also, my fats would still be coming from the fast food stops...I will eat Subway out of most, So, I prob. have fasst food twice a week.....mind you, I have an incredibly fast metabolism....I mean really fast...It's very unlikely that any bad carbs I have occasoinally throughout the week will effect me.

Ok, I do like sweet potatoes, and reg., potatoes. Are sweet potatoes ok? Is not having a variety of carb sources a big deal?....Cuz the oats are just soooo much easier to chug down and provide a good amount each time lol

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Sweet potatoes are awesome man, definitely include them. I eat at least 2 everyday. Oats are good as well and I supposed you could have them instead of other sources of carbs, I personally just like variety as eating the same thing every meal for years gets old.

I cant really advise on the fats from fast foods but can bet that they are mostly trans and saturates, not really the best kind although some saturates are needed.

a 6oz piece of fillet mignon, I am not sure exactly how much protein you wil get because I dont eat that but I would estimate 35g. I am assuming its not the leanest cut of meat and 6oz is fairly small, but again that is only an estimate.

As for the eggs, my best suggestion is to buy egg whites in a carton. I buy 500mL carton and just use one of those each time, that gives you 16 egg whites: 50g protein. Sometimes I only do 10 and add 3 whole eggs for fat, depends on goals. But I would definitely add some more.

Thread Information