SaintGJR7 is offline Junior Member

Cheating On A Bulk?

Hi.

At the moment i am cutting down for my holiday - sticking to my diet 100% - i have one carb refeed once per week just with clean carb foods to try and get me where i want to be.

I plan on bulking when i come back - i just wanted peoples' views on it - it might sound a bit strange really but do you cheat on a bulk?

At the moment i am not craving too badly but it seems once i go on a bulk i really want stuff like sweets etc. generally more carbs. Should i allow myself a few treats per day once per week like some cookies - donuts - etc. Especially when i have been very strict during my cut?

Just wanted to hear your views on it when bulking.

Cheers.
    Last edited by SaintGJR7; 07-26-2006 at 08:44 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    All depends on how much bulk you wish to add, what you can get away with, what you deem acceptable personally as amount of fat gained, etc.

~SC~

Thats your choice, some can get away with cheating due to their metabolism, whilst others cant. You may want to 'dirty bulk' and carry added fat around. Its not my style but some like it when the scales show mega poundage,even if they are carrying too much BF.

Ultimately is your choice.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Agreed, many like to see the scale just go up/up/up/up, even though it's pure lard that is making it do so. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see, not view added fat just to "weigh more" during a bulk. My goals are to add LEAN mass not a fat ass.

~SC~

Not dirty bulking no - proper clean diet the rest of the time - apart from when maybe once a week you get cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Agreed, many like to see the scale just go up/up/up/up, even though it's pure lard that is making it do so. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see, not view added fat just to "weigh more" during a bulk. My goals are to add LEAN mass not a fat ass.

~SC~
    Ditto.

I hear so many guys bragging about their weight....whilst not many mention their BF in comparison. It reminds me of the old 'guess how much I can bench' line, fine if your a powerlifter but if your a BB it should'nt be an issue.

I hear you both on this one - i dont want to sloppy bulk - not my preference - just asking in general really.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im with SC here. I used to be more tuned into "weight" rather than how I looked..and trying to be big and lean at the same time. I myself really cant get away with much while bulking..since I am taking in much more cals than normal anyway..adding any 'junk' on top of that doesnt really help me out.

zaneisgreat is offline Associate Member
    I would much rather eat fatty sausage etc than candy and donuts. Thats just me though.. never really got into candy much.

Mmm fatty meats though mmmm so good.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    your body runs on homeostasis...so imo a cheat every once in a while is not a bad thing

I dont mean an all out binge - just maybe 3 or 4 donuts before a leg session or a bag of sweets or something.

zaneisgreat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGJR7
    I dont mean an all out binge - just maybe 3 or 4 donuts before a leg session or a bag of sweets or something.
    Fried, bleached white sugary flour is pretty extreme on the cheating scale. This is just a formula for extra bodyfat.

Life is short - you gotta indulge sometimes though.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Sure, why the hell not? It's once a week. I eat more than that once a week on a cutting diet.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    When cutting your thyroid needs the stimulation of a cheat meal because you are in a calorie deficit.

When bulking, that shouldn't be an issue, so I look at cheating while bulking as lack of discipline.

That said, I cheat once every couple weeks, but only if its a special lunch/dinner planned as a social outing. Not just to cheat cause I want good food.

JMO.

Thread Information