Thread: abs help

iron77 is offline New Member

Question abs help

I've been cutting for a while now and even my gf tells me that i'm starting to look leaner and more defined except for my abs. I can't get rod off that stupid belly fat, and even though is not that much i would like it to be gone.So...i've been disciplined with my cardio(4 times a week first thing in the morning with only a shake on my stomach) which is based on interval training with a stairmaster(it makes me sweat like nothing else). I also have my regular abs workout right after the cardio. I was wondering if any of you bros have a hardcore routine for abs that you could help me with. By the way somebody told me that the shake before the cardio is wrong and that it should be done on an empty stomach, but i though this would cause catabolism . So should i get ridd of that shake pre cardio then, i wanna loose as least muscle as possible since i'm all natural(i can't even use any thermogenics because i'm way too sensitive to them).I'll aprecciate the help bros.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    First time i cut i wasn't to happy with it eather, my problem was just that i didnt have good enough abs

What works for me is heavy cable rope crunches and heavy machine crunches
    as well as leg raises
    few and heavy reps, just like i train everything else ( once, maybe twice a week )

about the shake.... me personaly, cardio on an empty stomach but many eat light before cardio, you will have to experiment with that

here is a good thread about this :
    Cardio on an empty stomach???

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    As far as Im concerned, diet plays an enormous role in your objectives. Post it. It can render your objective facile versus difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    As far as Im concerned, diet plays an enormous role in your objectives. Post it. It can render your objective facile versus difficult
    Of course - number 1

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    and people hold fat in different places more than others. and they lose it that way too (sometimes you can rip up your back or chest without it even looking like a single shred of fat has been taken off your abs. keep it up and stick it out. results will come.

LiveHuge is offline New Member
    definately try cardio on empty, it want be catabolic as long as you eat right the rest of the day and you dont sleep for too long. As for training abs after cardio, I do this occasionally, but try and hit them with other muscle groups so that you could benefit from the pwo portions.

thanks for all the info bros.i'm gonna start hitting cardio tomorrow on an empty stomach then and see what happens .The diet i'm using is based on the one posted on the sticky in this forum.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron77
    thanks for all the info bros.i'm gonna start hitting cardio tomorrow on an empty stomach then and see what happens .The diet i'm using is based on the one posted on the sticky in this forum.
    i noticed that you do interval cardio....bad idea if on an empty stomach. keep it to 60-75% heart rate so you dont get catabolic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i noticed that you do interval cardio....bad idea if on an empty stomach. keep it to 60-75% heart rate so you dont get catabolic.
    i'm sorry about my ignorance bro , but how do i find out if my heart rate is 60-75%, how do i measure it. I just do interval because is more convenient to me (i do it before i go to school early in the morning and i don't have time to spend 30-45 min at the gym then) since 15 min interval on the stair master equals like 40 in any othe machine.Thanks again bro

Max heart rate is 220 - age
    so 0,6 x ( 220 - age )

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I have the same problem... keep at your cutting....force your body to have no choice but burn that stubborn fat off.it'll be much easier the next time u cut because newly accumulated fats are not that stubborn...but keep your diet good so you dont lose LBM...

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    currently on same problem.....

cuttin.....cardio everyday after workout for 20 mins on eliptical

tehn cardio days 30 to 45 eliptical

abs workout : hanging crunches *scissor style*, flat crunch on decline, weighted side raises, leg lifts..

2wk so far, feelin great results, lady friend of mine said im gettin those v lines at the waist

cherokee6 is offline Junior Member
    Don't worry about going catabolic. Low intesity cardio on an empty will do you just nicely. Keep at it and tweek some things. Good luck.

BruceLeeWannabe is offline Junior Member
    i know everybody is different when it comes to developing muscles. I do not know if this will work for anyone else, but this has definitely worked for me, and I would like to share with you. I do 4 sets of 50 rep ab twists, 4 sets of 20 reps leg raises with 30lb, 4 sets of leaning twists with 25lbs 20 reps, and 4sets of incline sit up at 20 reps. I've done this for the past month and I can tell you my abs are hard as steel. Good luck, and let us know how you progress

Thanks for all the advise bros. So if wanna keep my body away from catabolic state i should do low intensity cardio instead or interval right?. Which cardio machine would you guys recommend, and for how long to acomplish this. I'm 21years old and 195lbs.

Thread Information