Yung_M.D. is offline New Member

Cool Would Really Appreciate Some Thoughts...

I need some thoughts on diet tendencies I have...I am a 6'1'' 235 former college football player....I am tryin to cut bodyfat and attain an impresive bodyfat % ( I think I'm anywhere from 11-13%, Please check out my profile pic and tell what you think)....I circuit train with weights doing tri-sets with no more that ten seconds rest X 3 and getting in almost 27 sets in 30-40mins very often...and at least 30 min cardio every day high inensity(HR avg 160bpm)... I am a medical student so my time is a hot comodity and eating is the problem....I usually intake some complex carbs and protein in the A.M. with breakfast... On occasion I may intake some low-glycemic Carbs at lunch time but other than that the rest of the days carbs are from leafy vegetables....My protein intake is on point throughout the day,including some supplementation with shakes containing almost no carbs.... I guess my question is with this type of diet and training philosophy, what am I missing for optimal fat loss in the most expidiate fashion???

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    You are what you eat. Your training looks intense but if you goal is largely skewed towards fat loss then I guess focus would be more so on diet. Be a little more explicit on diet details. You can see how others post it up in other threads

Yung_M.D. is offline New Member
    ok...
    Breakfast
    1 tblsp Total EFA's
    Protein Shake 50g and some form of low-glyc carbs(no more then 55g)
    OR...
    1 tblsp Total EFA's
    Myoplex Deluxe Bar 32g/Protein 34g/Carbs 7g/Fats
    H20

Meal 2
    51g Protein Shake

Lunch
    Chicken Breast 8-10oz
    Salad or Some other Fiberous color full Vege
    OR...
    Turkey Wrap(11gCarbs)
    with vege's and lite Mayo

PWO-50g Protein Shake

Dinner
    Chicken Breast 8-10oz
    Salad ( Balsalmic Vinegrette)
    1tblsp Total EFA's

I'm On a natural test booster T-Bomb II

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    As far as fat loss goes, you'd wanna do cardio at a lower intensity (65% of your max heartrate). The circuit may be ok to stay lean, but your not gonna add mass. I know your goal isn't to add mass, but the more muscle you have, the more calories your body consumes allowing you to stay leaner. Also, check out the cutting sticky for ideas on how you should eat to reduce bodyfat. Good luck, I know it's difficult with the crazy med school schedule.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    To start out, I would recommend 45-1hour of cardio on an empty stomach at 65-70% of your max heart rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung_M.D.
    ok...
    Breakfast
    1 tblsp Total EFA's
    Protein Shake 50g and some form of low-glyc carbs(no more then 55g)
    OR...
    1 tblsp Total EFA's
    Myoplex Deluxe Bar 32g/Protein 34g/Carbs 7g/Fats
    H20
    Scratch the myoplex shit altogether. I myself enjoy 1 cup oats to help get me through my morning. Also, I would scratch the shake and add a whole protein source i.e. egg whites, or tuna, or chicken etc. I would leave shakes for PWO only because of the fast acting protein etc.

Meal 2
    51g Protein Shake
    Incomplete protein (always have either a good source of fat or carb with protein) add fat or carbs, not both!

Lunch
    Chicken Breast 8-10oz
    Salad or Some other Fiberous color full Vege
    Do the chicken breast for lunch. Again, incomplete protein (I don't personally count veggie cals/carbs). This is your pre-workout meal (the most important meal IMO, so I would do pro/carb)
    OR...
    Turkey Wrap(11gCarbs)
    with vege's and lite Mayo

PWO-50g Protein Shake
    I eat 1 cup oats PWO.

Dinner
    Chicken Breast 8-10oz
    Salad ( Balsalmic Vinegrette)
    1tblsp Total EFA's
    This is your PPWO meal. I have 1 cup oats here as well with 1 chicken breast, broccoli and spinach.

I'm On a natural test booster T-Bomb II
    My suggestions in bold! I have commented on your meals, those are my suggestions only so take them into account if you feel they are needed. It would help tons if you listed final macros. Revise and repost. Good luck bro!

GUnit33 is offline Member
    Audis knows what he's talking about too.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by GUnit33
    Audis knows what he's talking about too.

Thread Information