Roid Rage is offline Member

GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO LOSE MUSCLE... HELP (females!)

My girlfriend is 5’5 and 140 or 150 lbs… and no joke when I say this… if I showed you a picture she will look 120 lbs. She has very little fat, her arms, legs, etc. are hard as a rock, and it’s very impressive for a female actually. However, she thinks her thighs and arms have to much muscle in them, and now she wants to try to LOSE MUSCLE… And to be honest I really have no idea how to go about doing this, or make any suggestions to her.

She’s into working out regularly 3-4 times a week, eats frequently (every 2-3 hours), has her protein shakes etc. But I’m into BULKING not losing. Can anyone make some suggestions as to how to help her lose some muscle? I already told her she can’t specifically target 1 area and lose muscle/fat there; it has to be a whole body deal.

Anyone have suggestions? If some ladies could help that would be great!

Thanks

-RR

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    My girlfriend is 5’5 and 140 or 150 lbs… and no joke when I say this… if I showed you a picture she will look 120 lbs. She has very little fat, her arms, legs, etc. are hard as a rock, and it’s very impressive for a female actually. However, she thinks her thighs and arms have to much muscle in them, and now she wants to try to LOSE MUSCLE… And to be honest I really have no idea how to go about doing this, or make any suggestions to her.

She’s into working out regularly 3-4 times a week, eats frequently (every 2-3 hours), has her protein shakes etc. But I’m into BULKING not losing. Can anyone make some suggestions as to how to help her lose some muscle? I already told her she can’t specifically target 1 area and lose muscle/fat there; it has to be a whole body deal.

Anyone have suggestions? If some ladies could help that would be great!

Thanks

-RR
    Well losing muscle would involve: a major decrease in eating, intense cardio etc.
    Is she worried about what the scale is saying or more that she has more muscle than she needs?
    I would discourage her from losing the muscle, have her up the cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Well losing muscle would involve: a major decrease in eating, intense cardio etc.
    Is she worried about what the scale is saying or more that she has more muscle than she needs?
    I would discourage her from losing the muscle, have her up the cardio.
    I agree i told her she doesn't want to lose muscle... but she insist. She isn't concerned what the scale says... she is just judging herself by her apperience i guess.

But thats what i figured... I mean why would anyone want to lose muscle?

Only thing i can think of to lose muscle would be... cut down on the eating especially the protein? and increase the cardio? Man i have no idea... it sounds like a recipe to to lose muscle and put on fat...

Anymore suggestions?

-RR

chest6 is offline Banned
    Cut carbs. Run. Stop the resistance training. Simple. You'll shrivel up in no time

fathommm is offline Female Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Cut carbs. Run. Stop the resistance training. Simple. You'll shrivel up in no time
    "GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO LOSE MUSCLE... HELP (females!) "

I found running extremely slimming...........I can relate to what your girlfriend feels............when I was younger I wanted more of a svelte look than an athletic one. I have since found that my skin is getting thinner than it was in my early 20's and muscle now looks WAY better. I wouldn't cut off the weights completely........they will give nice shape and symmetry.

I have no idea what your girlfriend looks like but usually.....as a female, unless your bodyfat is under 20%.... moderate-big muscles will make you look..........well............big(in female language)!! So maybe she would want to focus on leaning out......and whatever she does, don't let her cut protein.........it will not make her 'thinner', it will make her soggy looking and over time make her ill. Protein is vital to good health. Playing around with glycemic loads, carbs and fat+modest cardio will be more constructive.

Keeping a food diary for a week to find out what her maintenance calories are will be a must if she wants to try dieting but I wouldn't restrict more than 15% of her maintenance calories..........otherwise she will be too tired to enjoy any results she gets. Eating clean (foods only in their natural state)with one cheat day a week also does wonders!!

I hope this helps. You are a great guy to be as concerned as you are about her!!
    Last edited by fathommm; 09-26-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks for the good post... i appreciate it!

-RR

Quote Originally Posted by fathommm
    "GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO LOSE MUSCLE... HELP (females!) "

I found running extremely slimming...........I can relate to what your girlfriend feels............when I was younger I wanted more of a svelte look than an athletic one. I have since found that my skin is getting thinner than it was in my early 20's and muscle now looks WAY better. I wouldn't cut off the weights completely........they will give nice shape and symmetry.

I have no idea what your girlfriend looks like but usually.....as a female, unless your bodyfat is under 20%.... moderate-big muscles will make you look..........well............big(in female language)!! So maybe she would want to focus on leaning out......and whatever she does, don't let her cut protein.........it will not make her 'thinner', it will make her soggy looking and over time make her ill. Protein is vital to good health. Playing around with glycemic loads, carbs and fat+modest cardio will be more constructive.

Keeping a food diary for a week to find out what her maintenance calories are will be a must if she wants to try dieting but I wouldn't restrict more than 15% of her maintenance calories..........otherwise she will be too tired to enjoy any results she gets. Eating clean (foods only in their natural state)with one cheat day a week also does wonders!!

I hope this helps. You are a great guy to be as concerned as you are about her!!

Thread Information