Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

Freackn HUNGRRYY!!

ANyone else wake up at midnight STARVING??? I have a incredible solid 8 meal diet plan, but I swear I eat my final prebed meal ON MY PILLOW and I am still ravishing about midnight....so I go and grab a chicken breast or some sort of protein and go back to bed......I can only assume this is benefitial since I am not waking on purpose, plus its always a clean protein source.....thank god I dont keep twinkies or ice cream in the house!!

Anyone else?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I usually have protein pudding when I wake up to use the bathroom.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I take 25g casein/egg protein mix if I happen to wake up.. last night I got up at 5am to piss and took the shake with 1tbsn ANPB.. Then woke up for breakfast at 8:30.

Try eating more green vegetables before bed.. Try salmon and spinach or 2cups greenbeans.

TR'05 is offline Member
    If I do wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss or whatever, I'll also take back a scoop of casein protein, 25 g's of prot in liquid egg whites with a tbsp of flax oil. I don't make a point of waking up though. Just under 2 gallons of water a day keeps me pissing though.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    if your "on", that could be it.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    I take 25g casein/egg protein mix if I happen to wake up.. last night I got up at 5am to piss and took the shake with 1tbsn ANPB.. Then woke up for breakfast at 8:30.

Try eating more green vegetables before bed.. Try salmon and spinach or 2cups greenbeans.
    Agreed.. I usually have 400g of Broccoli with Tuna and Flax before bed. It keep me full.. I actually use low cal veggies with everymeal for volume.

good stuff!

Damn, its getting to be a ritual....I have some very lean protein, some fiberous veggies and 25g of a protein blend about 9pm and then it the sack hard....then every freaking night, about two hours later, I got to piss and I raid the fridge! Not hardly, but prob 4-6oz of chicken or lean beef and some more veggies....its nuts!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Damn, its getting to be a ritual....I have some very lean protein, some fiberous veggies and 25g of a protein blend about 9pm and then it the sack hard....then every freaking night, about two hours later, I got to piss and I raid the fridge! Not hardly, but prob 4-6oz of chicken or lean beef and some more veggies....its nuts!
    I don't see how that could hurt you at all...If you are really just having a lean meat and veggies..It's just another meal and you're bulking so no biggy..

No, I agree.....sometimes I dont know if it is hunger or a ritual, but I agree, keeping it clean!

AND........I got like 10 cases of protein bars in the cabinet, pb, breads...etc....thank god I have the sense to stay away from those!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I try to avoid any and all food after 7pm in the evening. If you're simply looking to get "big" then this doesn't apply to you, but for the rest who care about their health (as well as body composition), an overnight fast is great for releasing HGH and turning on your gene expression that makes muscle. If you are waking up frequently in the middle of the night I suspect excess stress hormones are at play (Most likely due to hard workouts and not enough rest).

FYI I found calcium magnesium pills at 100 mg doses before bed to to be helpful primarily to prevent some restlessness. May want to give it a try.

nah....you are pretty much the lone subscriber to your theory during a clean bulk......maybe during precomp, ill give it a shot!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    clean bulk

precomp

Sorry never once have I offered dietary advice for a specific training stage. In my world, you're either putting on muscle and losing fat or getting fat. Not only that, but my suggestion was not individual specific to meet your personal needs and goals. I recommend what works best for me (experience). Whether it makes sense to you or not is a different story. Its good to have different perspectives to make your own decision. Otherwise, whats the point of starting a thread and asking a question.

Might as well just read the stickies above and figure it out yourself. That's what you're supposed to do anyway. Unless you're a close-minded drone who asks a question and only accepts the one in accordance with the most conventional and popular approach. (If so, the answer is obvious...READ THE STICKY ABOVE FOR THE 10,000 TIME).

PS next time you pm someone for advice don't expect a reply back in return. Especially when you shit on his reply on the open board.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    clean bulk

precomp

Sorry never once have I offered dietary advice for a specific training stage. In my world, you're either putting on muscle and losing fat or getting fat. Not only that, but my suggestion was not individual specific to meet your personal needs and goals. I recommend what works best for me (experience). Whether it makes sense to you or not is a different story. Its good to have different perspectives to make your own decision. Otherwise, whats the point of starting a thread and asking a question.

Might as well just read the stickies above and figure it out yourself. That's what you're supposed to do anyway. Unless you're a close-minded drone who asks a question and only accepts the one in accordance with the most conventional and popular approach. (If so, the answer is obvious...READ THE STICKY ABOVE FOR THE 10,000 TIME).

PS next time you pm someone for advice don't expect a reply back in return. Especially when you shit on his reply on the open board.
    Excuse me??? Shiting on your advice? Are you having a bad day bro? Reeeelaxxxx.....to each his own....Im up 20lbs in 9 weeks and still under 10%...that is my goal, to keep increasing and keeping the fat gain to a minimum.....Sorry to ruffle your feathers......

Venum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    I usually have protein pudding when I wake up to use the bathroom.
    are you talking about the Stallone pudding? Good stuff but pretty expensive.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    Uh i dunno the brand, just s/f pudding with 1 scoop whey and mix....its really good!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Best pudding ever is the Dorian Yates stuff yumm!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    No, he's talking about making his own with Jello sf pudding mix and powder....stallone stuff tastes good, but is wayyy overpriced for SOY!

Thread Information