Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Necessary to take a multivitamin?

Is it necessary to take a multivitamin each day? I know they are very cheap and not time consuming to take, but I was just wondering, if you eat 5-6 meals a day, do you really need to take them? Won't you be getting enough vitamins and minerals from the foods (and shakes) you take in each day?

What do you guys think?

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    i take one all the time just to be sure I cover all grounds and am not deficient in any vitamin/mineral. Even though you eat 5-6 meals a day, there still could be something you miss. like you said, they're cheap and not time consuming.

lazaro17 is offline Banned

Multi vitamin

IMO you should not be without a good multi vitamin whether your on a cycle or not

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    Is it necessary to take a multivitamin each day? I know they are very cheap and not time consuming to take, but I was just wondering, if you eat 5-6 meals a day, do you really need to take them? Won't you be getting enough vitamins and minerals from the foods (and shakes) you take in each day?

What do you guys think?

depends entirly on what those 5-6 meals are.

If you eat a diet rich in fruits and veggies then you probably dont need a multivitamin. But veggies and fruits grown nowdays contain as little as 1/10 of some vitamins and minerals as they naturaly do so not even eating loads of greens is any guarantee anymore.

boarder034 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    depends entirly on what those 5-6 meals are.

If you eat a diet rich in fruits and veggies then you probably dont need a multivitamin. But veggies and fruits grown nowdays contain as little as 1/10 of some vitamins and minerals as they naturaly do so not even eating loads of greens is any guarantee anymore.
    I agree, if your 5-6 meals a day are butterfinger bars, ur not gonna get the nutrients you need, but on a good balanced diet, even then you could lack the nutrients you need, so why chance it and be safe...

Question, i heard rumor that if you take it at night, that morning youll feel refreshed because itll give ur body 8 hours to break it down? is that true?

Also, why do foods have less and less nutrients

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    Question, i heard rumor that if you take it at night, that morning youll feel refreshed because itll give ur body 8 hours to break it down? is that true?
    To be honest I have never heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    Also, why do foods have less and less nutrients
    Its mostly because of the fertilizers. They dont contain the same ratio of minerals as natural soil so the plants can not produce the same ammount of vitamins and absorb minerals in the same fashion. better fertilizers should correct that without a problem. But it would probably mean more expensive fertilizers aswell...

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Necessary No -

Worthwhile of course.

but multivitamins should not be a substitue for a good diet

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not obligatory but the amounts contained arent harmful, so there is not much risk involved. I prefer taking them in the morning I just feel it works better. However I would really recommend it when dieting.

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    I never leave home without it..on cycle or not

Thread Information