dhriscerr is offline Senior Member

Meal Replacement Shakes

Any opinions on what Meal Replacement Shakes are best for bulking, Taking cost and taste into consideration? Any Help would be good, and would just taking little packets of protien and a shaker be better? Any little tricks you guys do let me know!!! Thanks

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    im not fan but if i wanted to do an mrp id make my own

Milk, oats whey

Water oats pb whey

even throw in a banana

BigHuman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Any opinions on what Meal Replacement Shakes are best for bulking, Taking cost and taste into consideration? Any Help would be good, and would just taking little packets of protien and a shaker be better? Any little tricks you guys do let me know!!! Thanks
    The best meal rep shake on the market IMO is Met-rex .

the sachets taste amazing, but not really for bulking as fat is very very low and carbs are not pretty low also.

But one shake a day fits in great with diet.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Replacement shakes=shit IMO
    Eat whole food.

yeah imo there should not be such a thing.

a shake can compliment a meal, but not replace one

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    They take second place to a meal. Remember the level of inputs in this game = outputs.

However, sometimes a poor meal is better than none, so when I have used one I've used "up your mass" as it is made with oats and not too much shit.

Most of them are just maltodextrin. Try making your own with superfine oats.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Agree with Fez and Audi. I make mine as well, based with with Wher protein. It is much cheaper and more efficient.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    If bulking ,adding a whey protein shake to a meal would be a nice touch of fast absorbing proteins with slower absorbing proteins.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Replacement shakes=shit IMO
    Eat whole food.
    have you ever used them? if so what negative effects did you see from them? whole foods are better in most cases but when i was overseas usually 4 of my meals each day would be shakes or bars and i got up to 240lbs, my heaviest ever. this showed me that MRP's are not as detrimintal to diets as some people claim.

the shakes i took were pretty expensive, met-rx with 50g protein from variety of sources, 40g complex carbs and low fat. didnt taste that bad either. like a few other people have said making your own is the way to go. oats along with a few different protein powders and a touch of splenda is perfect.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    have you ever used them? if so what negative effects did you see from them? whole foods are better in most cases but when i was overseas usually 4 of my meals each day would be shakes or bars and i got up to 240lbs, my heaviest ever. this showed me that MRP's are not as detrimintal to diets as some people claim.

the shakes i took were pretty expensive, met-rx with 50g protein from variety of sources, 40g complex carbs and low fat. didnt taste that bad either. like a few other people have said making your own is the way to go. oats along with a few different protein powders and a touch of splenda is perfect.
    I have, thats why I commented on it. I didn't gain as much weight as I did with whole foods.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Eat whole food.
    Eat less food.

Thread Information