cache49 is offline Associate Member

Uncle Bens whole grain wicrowave rice

Hey all. So, ive never been a fan of anything processed or packaged, not while dieting anyhow..but a friend of mine pointed these out to me the other day and I didnt believe him till i had a closer look. They are Uncle Bens wholegrain brown rice. They have no preservatives, no cholesterol, no trans fats and no artificial colors or flavours and no MSG. They have 2g fat, 22g carbs, 6g protien, 1g sugar and 510mg sodium. The best part, they taste amazing and are ready in two mins....opinions? Check'em out....peace

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    Hey all. So, ive never been a fan of anything processed or packaged, not while dieting anyhow..but a friend of mine pointed these out to me the other day and I didnt believe him till i had a closer look. They are Uncle Bens wholegrain brown rice. They have no preservatives, no cholesterol, no trans fats and no artificial colors or flavours and no MSG. They have 2g fat, 22g carbs, 6g protien, 1g sugar and 510mg sodium. The best part, they taste amazing and are ready in two mins....opinions? Check'em out....peace

why dont you just get a rice cooker and cook your own, way cheaper. i do like the santa fe flavor though.

I have been cooking my own rice for years, it just gets really boring, u know. Your right about the price though. For the cost of 2 pacs of uncle bens you can get a whole bag of wholegrain brown rice. 20-30 servings. Price vs taste......

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I use them when I'm in a time crunch but if I'm not I'll make my own rice. I like the spanish flavor the best.

Giggity......sorry, I had too....

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    I have been cooking my own rice for years, it just gets really boring, u know. Your right about the price though. For the cost of 2 pacs of uncle bens you can get a whole bag of wholegrain brown rice. 20-30 servings. Price vs taste......

add herbs and veggies like uncle ben does.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I can buy a bag of wholegrain California brown rice with 20 servings of 3/4cup ea. for about $2.50 per bag. Sometimes it goes on special for a dollar a bag. Then it's go time.

mike954 is offline Member
    dude i love that microwave rice its alil more $ but you save alot of time and i just grab a bag and a cooked chicken brest i have already cook and bring it to work for lunch supper easy and super healthy and a good quick fix for some good carbs during the day !

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Not to hijack the thread but what do you guys put in your plain brown rice when you cook it...for flavor?

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGiCJNG View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but what do you guys put in your plain brown rice when you cook it...for flavor?
    I put soy sauce on white rice for flavor thus making it brown rice. Does that count?

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No One Knows View Post
    I put soy sauce on white rice for flavor thus making it brown rice. Does that count?
    No you should know that white rice is a waiste..... and by putting soy sauce on it ur just getting salty now bro... wipe it off dawg......But i love my uncle bens brown rice 90 secs and good to go. Thier is nothing more convient... i Like to add chicken and some hot sauce for more flavor.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i just cook about half the back of whole grain and put in tupperware in fridge. lunch comes around i grab two chicken breast and 3 spoons of rice and throw in the microwave. done deal takes all off 2 min for the whole meal

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    No you should know that white rice is a waiste..... and by putting soy sauce on it ur just getting salty now bro... wipe it off dawg......But i love my uncle bens brown rice 90 secs and good to go. Thier is nothing more convient... i Like to add chicken and some hot sauce for more flavor.

Brown rice is disgusting. its crunchy. it tastes like grass and barley or some shit. white rice all the way!

Cook your rice in one cup water and one cup chicken broth, reduced sodium. Way better...but yea, brw rice is a little harder to stomach but much better for you. White rice is allot higher on the GI scale and wont burn as slowly...cheers

suprman09 is offline Associate Member
    Half the bag in the morning, and half PWO while cutting.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    shit i can not stand white rice, its soft and mushey and doesnt tast like anything, i love brown rice!!!

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    I'm with you smokeyd...i just want to spice it up now as it's gotten plain to me. No where near as plain as white rice though.

mike954 is offline Member
    dudes if you can find tabasco smoked chapoli its the ****ing best thing i have ever had and its got low sodiom no carbs no fat no cals fucing sweet not real spicy just a awsome tast check it out oh and i know i cant spell for sht lol

Thread Information