Laguna is offline New Member

[b]need Help For First Diet[/b]

Hey everyone,
    My football team just finished its season and im back in the weightroom working out at least 3 days a week. For most of my life i have been overweight and my team is counting on me to start next year on the O and D lines. I would like to cut as much BF as possible (our team is based on undersized linemen, not the 6'4 300 guys). I'm 5'8 225lbs 18 y/o. Any suggestions of how i should starting dieting and exercising will help me out soo much and i would appreciate it. Thank you everyone

Also on any info on supplements or anything that will help me bulk up for next season

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    whats your current diet look like and whats your stats

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    To get you started:
    -what BF% are you @ right now?
    -post your current diet with macros for each meal and final macros
    -do cardio in the am on an empty stomach for 45min-1hr
    -cut out breads/sugars
    -Base your carb meals (depending how carbs effect you) for breakfast, preworkout, PWO, and PPWO. I find this works best for me but see what suits you.

-5'8 225
    -How do i find my BF? My school has calibers i think
    -I don't know how to descibe my currect diet, if you can call it a diet, but basically my routine is a bowl of cereal in the morning, chicken sandwhich, and various dinners like steak, chicken, soups, or pork accompanied with usually rice and beans. I know obvious stuff like the cereal could easily be cut, but my consumption is at such a routine as is with the rest of my life, that it would be mentally hard to do any of it without a set plan.
    -Only know so much about macromolecules and specifics from health and bio.
    -I workout 3x a week and do about 45mins-1hour of cardio after/during workout. This cardio is mainly speed and acceleration work though, not so much constant running. Cardio in the am could easily be incorporated everyday.
    -Breads and all sugars (like natural)?

Alot of me not being knowledgable is the fact i usually have my meals cooked for me so i dont really know what goes in, which im prepared to change and cook for myself so i can control my intake.

I think starting out on a diet that fits my weight, body, needs, etc then modifying as appropriate would be best, but again im not too knowledgable in diets so i really appreciate the help and input.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    -5'8 225
    -How do i find my BF? My school has calibers i think
    -I don't know how to descibe my currect diet, if you can call it a diet, but basically my routine is a bowl of cereal in the morning, chicken sandwhich, and various dinners like steak, chicken, soups, or pork accompanied with usually rice and beans. I know obvious stuff like the cereal could easily be cut, but my consumption is at such a routine as is with the rest of my life, that it would be mentally hard to do any of it without a set plan.
    -Only know so much about macromolecules and specifics from health and bio.
    -I workout 3x a week and do about 45mins-1hour of cardio after/during workout. This cardio is mainly speed and acceleration work though, not so much constant running. Cardio in the am could easily be incorporated everyday.
    -Breads and all sugars (like natural)?

Alot of me not being knowledgable is the fact i usually have my meals cooked for me so i dont really know what goes in, which im prepared to change and cook for myself so i can control my intake.

I think starting out on a diet that fits my weight, body, needs, etc then modifying as appropriate would be best, but again im not too knowledgable in diets so i really appreciate the help and input.
    For starter I would post a pic in the member's pic section to get a critique and figure out if you need to bulk or cut. There is a cutting and bulking thread in the diet forum that gives a general outline that is very easy to follow.

Once you figure out your goals etc. figure out your maintenance cals (harris benedict forumla) and add or subtract from your maintenance.

I am cutting right now and doing 45 min cardio in the am and 20-30min PWO.

Fruit is fine...I would keep it for breakfast or PWO to refill liver glycogen but make sure the macros fit into your daily needs. Yes, I would scratch bread and replace with carbs such as oats/grits/yams/potatos/brown rice etc.

okay...

Okay i will post a pic...i definately need to cut first and find out about that formula...would going to a place to find out what my caloric and other intakes are and what i need to get them down to and what foods could help me out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Okay i will post a pic...i definately need to cut first and find out about that formula...would going to a place to find out what my caloric and other intakes are and what i need to get them down to and what foods could help me out there?
    -fitday.com
    -calorieking.com
    -google the harris benedict formula

richardcalkins is offline New Member
    go to medifast

Try It now

Thread Information