oc pitbull is offline Member

Want some good advice on diet.

I am trying to loose the extra fat that i have, without losing the muscle. I am currently at 156 15% bf i feel gross. I have never had to think about losing fat because i was always trying to gain before. This is a new idea for me and i am not informed on what the proper techniques would me.

Some history: I am 5-7 got up to about 185-190 8% bf but i was on the sauce. Got in some trouble did some time (3 months), then got i was put on house arrest and was seditary for 4 more months. I know this sounds stupid but when i got off was embaressed of my losses and was afraid to go to the gym(to hear the oh your so small). I knwo its a bitch move, but i got over it and have been back in the gym.

I am trying the zone diet, i think it is workign i am feeling very good. I am taking cla, bcaa, glutamine, 4-5g creatine a day just for recovery not for bulk, and flax seed oil.

I can shoot up in wieght but gain a lot of fat with the muslce. I would rather lose the fat on my stomach and start with a great base to build upon. My goal is to be at 165lbs with 8-10% bf by may. I know this is possible, but what can i do with my diet, and with my workouts to make it possible? I know i could drop the fat and lose muscle, but i would rather keep what muscle i have.

I am currentyl going to the gym everyday. Doing abs & obiliques/bi's & tri's/back/shoulders/chest then back to abs and so on. I just started running everyday for 20 mins at the end of everyworkout staying in my fat burning zone. When i do abbs i usually ride the treadmill for 5 mins then do a workou then hop back on the treadmill for 5 then so on, to keep the heart rate up and really target the stomach. Does this techinique work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Sorry in advance for spelling.
    Last edited by oc pitbull; 01-06-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Also when is the best time so take the flax seed oil? And how often should i be taking it? Any other supplements you guys would recomend for me to take to assist me?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You simply need to just start reading and researching.. You need help in various areas including proper training/diet and need to learn more about anabolics and get a better base before even considering them again IMO.

About the flax, it isn't needed at all if your diet is on point and you're getting the right foods during the day. Otherwise it can be used sparingly on salads etc if you need a bit more fat in your diet.

I have no desire to ever use them again. Anyone know a rule of thumb for cal intake? anything like that?

i dont need someone to type it all out just maybe a link to put me in the direction.

starting with my bmr

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    There are hundreds of links right here on the sight.. Run a search.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Check out the Stickies! That have all kinds of "rules of thumb".

Thread Information