GreekMonsta is offline Junior Member

Arrow PWO - How many tablespoons is 100g of Dextrose??

Hey guys,

I weigh around 205-210 lbs...just started a cutting diet today.... I couldn't find any Maltodextrin (besides a 10lb pail) so I will spike my PWO Shake with approx 100g of Dextrose. I went to a bulk foods place and scooped in a Kilo of Dextrose.....how many tablespoons (not tea spoons) do i need to get to 100g?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... thank you very much.

GM

p.s. Is Maltdodextrin available in any foods? i.e. certain fruits etc.? If so, maybe i could lessen the dextrose and throw in some malto...thanks again.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    the only benefit malto has over dex is that it doesnt taste as sweet.
    You will be sat there for 20mins measuring dex with a spoon, go buy some cheap digital scales.

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    I believe 1/2 cup is about 75grams if that makes it any easier.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I bought digital scales a year ago and haven't looked back since. Helped me as much as any course of gear!

Thanks for the replies guys...i'll go pick up a digiscale on the weekend......but i just wanted to know for the week.... 1/2 a cup sounds about right when looking at the kilo bag i bought......that's a lot of sugar with my shake....wow...

Actually, i measured it out.. using my protein scoop I take two and a half scoops of Dextrose (just over 1/2 a cup) and two and a half scoops of protein (23 g per scoop).

My shake is super sweet though....does that sound right? Sorry for all the questions, i've never done it this way before so I want to be sure.

Thanks again for everything.

GM

veryveryquiet is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekMonsta
    Actually, i measured it out.. using my protein scoop I take two and a half scoops of Dextrose (just over 1/2 a cup) and two and a half scoops of protein (23 g per scoop).

My shake is super sweet though....does that sound right? Sorry for all the questions, i've never done it this way before so I want to be sure.

Thanks again for everything.

GM
    My protein scooper which is 23g of protein per scoop will hold about 46g of dextrose per sccop.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    yes dex tastes very sweet in the shake. That sounds fine

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    100g of dex, that is a shit load of carbs, even for an absolute Monster.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    100g of dex, that is a shit load of carbs, even for an absolute Monster.
    Sorry to hijack, but what do you recommend then, Giantz?

I'm currently doing 0.25g Malto per lb of bodyweight and .25g dex per lb.

You reckon this is too much?

There's a lot of variables to play around with, but there is no way in hell one would need 100g of glucose PWO providing the had an adequate nutrition protocol the rest of the day.Unless you are doing some form of endurance exercises, there is now way you would need that much sugar to re-fill glycogen reserves.

What is your weight and what does your diet look like?

I think a plan that is based upon consuming a certain amount of CHO per kg, doesn't make much sense. And most studies that support this line of thinking only fucus on glycogen synthesis, which as a bodybuilder is not our goal. Our goal is protein synthesis, and that is independant of glycogen synthesis.

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

My profile is up to date. Weight is 230lb. Goal is lean muscle. Diet is buttoned down.

Only time I eat simple carbs is PWO, aside from 40g per day which comes from fruit in the am.

I'm interested in your thoughts as I picked the idea I currently employ from a theread on this site, but since adopting it I have always struggled with nausea once I've whacked it down so am looking to alter this.

Your best bet would be to take your total carbs that you alot for workout days and allot that over 3 meals, one being your AM meal and then Pre and Post workout meals.

That would be a good start.

finny is offline Associate Member
    You would probably need around 100g of dextro/malto to get an insulin spike. But, if you are combining whey and carbs, you neet less. I do about 35g protein to 65g carbs.

Edit: for the other poster, if it's too sweet, start using maltodextrin as it is not sweet. I usually mix 60 malto to 40 dex or so.

Thread Information