Thread: The Last Meal

stockyone is offline New Member

The Last Meal

I need some advice on my bedtime meal.

1. What can eat for my bedtime meal?
    I have previously taken non-fat yogurt before I go to bed and found out that it might not be such a good idea at all. I've read through the posts and tried in vain to get the better stuffs like cottage cheese (I can only find low-fat ones in this part of the world) and natural peanut butter. What I can get is tuna and casein protein. Thing is I already need to fit a tuna and shake during the day. Wouldn't want to start cooking up a storm either. Any other suggestions?

2. What is the ideal interval between bedtime meal and actual bedtime?
    Would it be healthy to sleep with undigested food? There is a myth about storing fat if we do so, that is if it's a myth at all.

Please HELP!

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    cottage cheese is really good. but i personally cant stomach it so i just use protein/milk/egg/glutamine before bed thats my bedtime cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    cottage cheese is really good. but i personally cant stomach it so i just use protein/milk/egg/glutamine before bed thats my bedtime cocktail.

I've not actually tried cottage cheese really. Just trying to search for one is hard enough. Yeah, i've heard it's not so tasty.

I've considered milk previously but they said it's sugar and mix of carb and fat and all that. So that's out for me. I'm cutting at the moment.

I have to squeeze a protein during my hectic daytime, so i suppose i should take whole food on other meals.

Bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by stockyone
    I've not actually tried cottage cheese really. Just trying to search for one is hard enough. Yeah, i've heard it's not so tasty.

I've considered milk previously but they said it's sugar and mix of carb and fat and all that. So that's out for me. I'm cutting at the moment.

I have to squeeze a protein during my hectic daytime, so i suppose i should take whole food on other meals.

Bummer...
    theres 8 grams of sugar. u'll be fine

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Go with something solid like Steak or Salmon with a green fiberous vegetable (spinach/broccoli/green beans etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Go with something solid like Steak or Salmon with a green fiberous vegetable (spinach/broccoli/green beans etc..)
    what u think of turkey sausage i eat that quite regularly...

bcap is offline Member
    What I usually do is cottage cheese + all natural peanut butter + half a scoop of whey protein about 30-45 minutes before i sleep

Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    What I usually do is cottage cheese + all natural peanut butter + half a scoop of whey protein about 30-45 minutes before i sleep
    u blend all that in a shake...?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Yup....I use flank steak a majority of the time or bison.......if I am stuffed, its a good casein shake with a handfull of almonds and walnuts....holds me over perfectly, but no matter what, it's always something....many times I feel like shit and dont want anything but know damn well I will at 2am.......

bcap is offline Member
    No I mix it together. It tastes amazing. In my opinion, it's my best tasting meal of the day. Tastes almost like ... cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    what u think of turkey sausage i eat that quite regularly...
    Any fattier meat will work, pork loin works well too.

The meat take much longer for your intestinal track to digest and absorb the nutrients than say something liquid like cottage cheese/milk or a shake, that's why I suggested the above.

Hey thanks all for the suggestions.

What about my second question? Is 30mins to 1hr a good interval for last meal before bedtime? Would all that undigested fat/food give a spare tire? That's what I heard, but it could be a myth...I don't know. Anyone knows?

Also, how do prepare the steak? I was thinking of winding down a bit after a hard days work and not do too much cooking at night and washing up after.

I really can't find any proper cottage cheese nor natural pb. So those are out for me.

So my best bets are probably almonds (tried that but doesn't seem to fill me up), casein shake (sigh...another shake for the day) or skippy pb?

If your food choices are good and your caloric intake is within the right range then no evening cardio is required. Your body burns calories while you sleep believe it or not, this is the time it uses to repair all the damage that has been done during the waking hours. I try to keep my carb extremely low GI during the evening and keep my proteins coming from fattier sources and get plenty of fiber.

What you choose to do for your last meal is up to you, if you have to cook all your nighttime meals at one time during the week so you have them already cooked in the fridge, just gotta heat them up.. pretty simple.

You actually burn MORE calories sleeping than you do watching tv.....just a litle .02

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    You actually burn MORE calories sleeping than you do watching tv.....just a litle .02
    How does that work?

Your body utilizes calories when you're sleeping because you're in repair mode. Carbs are used as well, so the ppl who say NO CARBS before bed, I'd have to disagree. Many ppl get away with eating carbs pre-bed and don't put on bodyfat, you just have to be much more careful on your carb-sources and total caloric intake.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Fish before bed for me almost every night without fail. Then a shake 4 hours later and back to sleep. Worked great for me always.

But really depends on your schedule. Since Im in school and some days im up earlier than others and some days in bed earlier than others it can turn out that somes days I eat one less meal due to tim restraints and the next day I will have time for an extra one, so on some days I will have even potatoes right before bed with beef and some olive oil.

I wouldnt be overly concerned with exactly WHAT you are eating before bed at this stage considering you probably arent a super dedicated/strict person. Just watch your daily kcals and dont be stupid and have a cup of dextrose before bed.

MANY MANY have been switching over to Muscle Milk prebed and are reporting that they have never felt better, more recovered, etc.....who knows if its the product or a placebo effect......I LOVE a blend fo=rosted uop with some almonds and peanut butter......but fee more FULL whenI et flan or salmon....The shake you can do while you lay down, salmon, well,, you gott go brush your teeth afer lol

Thread Information