Clincher is offline Junior Member

Eggbeaters...OK form of Egg Whites?

Just like the topic says... Is Eggbeaters a acceptable form of Egg Whites in a cutting diet? Thanks

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    egg whites are great for cutting to maintain good protein intake with minimal calories. if you want to buy them in bulk....try eggwhitesint.com

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Yes, they are... they are more expensive however and have less "eggwhites" per carton vs the regular egg whites

s00noma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Yes, they are... they are more expensive however and have less "eggwhites" per carton vs the regular egg whites
    The egg beaters are 99% egg whites, they also have a brand which has 100% egg whites, the macros are almost identical.

Where i shop the egg beaters are cheaper than the 100% egg whites, and as for eggwhitesint, they are like 3 times the price of either of those.

do your research.... eggwhites int is NOT 3x price...its actually a great value...

Thanks for the help all.

P.S. sOOnoma I really enjoy reading your post here. You seem like your going to end up being a valuable member on the boards. I want actually modeling some of my diet from the one you posted. Nice to have ya.

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    do your research.... eggwhites int is NOT 3x price...its actually a great value...
    do my reasearch? unfortunately i already learned the hard way, i had a gallon sent to me for 32 bucks, and a pump for another $10, one week later, i found out that i could save a ton of money at the store

egg whites int - 1 Gallon = $32

egg beaters @ sams club - 1/2 Gallon = $7.48 [7.48x2= $14.96]

SO SORRY, 2.14 x the price

Quote Originally Posted by TheDecon
    Thanks for the help all.

P.S. sOOnoma I really enjoy reading your post here. You seem like your going to end up being a valuable member on the boards. I want actually modeling some of my diet from the one you posted. Nice to have ya.
    thanks man, basically everything i know, i have learned from here, this place has a wealth of knowledge

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Man I just buy 15 dozen eggs at Costco for about $12 bucks. 180 egg whites for pennies compared to what you guys are paying. I then crack open 30 eggs at a time and put the whites in a container.

Quote Originally Posted by s00noma
    do my reasearch? unfortunately i already learned the hard way, i had a gallon sent to me for 32 bucks, and a pump for another $10, one week later, i found out that i could save a ton of money at the store

egg whites int - 1 Gallon = $32

egg beaters @ sams club - 1/2 Gallon = $7.48 [7.48x2= $14.96]

SO SORRY, 2.14 x the price

ok neewb...I got the 4gallon special... 112$ for 672 egg whites(56dozen)= 2 bux a dozen..... no shells...no messy yolks...but have it your way if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Man I just buy 15 dozen eggs at Costco for about $12 bucks. 180 egg whites for pennies compared to what you guys are paying. I then crack open 30 eggs at a time and put the whites in a container.
    .80 per dozen?? that cant be right....... can it?

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    dont the egg beaters have artificial flavoring? and more sodium, as compared to the 100% egg whites that are just egg whites

Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    dont the egg beaters have artificial flavoring? and more sodium, as compared to the 100% egg whites that are just egg whites
    a bit more sodium i do beleive..ill check when i get home

Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    Sodium is not really an issue if you drink enough water.. The flavoring doesn't increase the cals by much.

3tbsp of egg beater egg whites have 75mg sodium.

ok neewb...I got the 4gallon special... 112$ for 672 egg whites(56dozen)= 2 bux a dozen..... no shells...no messy yolks...but have it your way if you want.
    again, lets do a little math

you paid 112 for 4 gallons of egg whites

i can buy 4 gallons of egg beaters for [$14.96 x 4]= $59.84

so, you keep paying 112 for your 4 gallons, and ill pay 60 for mine

Serving Size 1/4 cup (61g) [MULTIPLY BY TWO!]
    Amount Per Serving

Calories 30
    Calories From Fat 0
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg
    0%

Sodium 115mg
    5%

Total Carbohydrate 1g
    0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars Less than 1g

Protein 6g

There you are...a comparison of the two

Calories-Same
    Sodium-30mg more in Egg Beaters
    Carbs-1 More in Egg Beaters
    Protein-1 less in Egg Beaters [although, im willing to be that the '13' figure on the egg whites int product is rounded up due to decimal places, and the egg beaters are the same

according to the conagra foods-egg beaters -egg whites website... they are only available in 16oz containers.....not gallons.

Im not going to argue with you on this....I love my egg whites from eggwhites int & FOR ME...its easier, more convenient & less mess...
    Last edited by PROTEINSHAKE; 02-27-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    .80 per dozen?? that cant be right....... can it?
    Sure is....the price depends on the local suppliers. I've gotten 15 dozen eggs for $9 there before, last time I went it was $18. I've never seen it over $20 yet.

according to the conagra foods-egg beaters -egg whites website... they are only available in 16oz containers.....not gallons.

Im not going to argue with you on this....I love my egg whites from eggwhites int & FOR ME...its easier, more convenient & less mess...
    im not gonna stop you from ordering from them, just offering my input, as i have ordered from them as well, and i feel that its a rip off and i cant afford to spend 2 times as much on the product

and yes, you are correct, they only offer them in 16oz cartons

at sams club, they come in a box of (4) - 16oz cartons which equals 64 oz (or 1 HALF gallon) for $7.48 as i said

BUT, as you said, no sense in arguing, you pay 112, i pay 60, and we are both happy!

yeah, sams doesnt have the 15 doz cartons here, but you can buy 5 doz for about 5 bucks..so it would work out to about $15 bucks for the 15 doz.

BUT, i am cautious about the salmonella thing and dont wanna drink the raw eggs, ill stick to the pasturized stuff for drinking....as for cooking, i use shelled eggs and separate them of course, MUCH cheaper that way

You guys are great. I love this board. Either way I will prolly go with Egg Beaters because price isn't all that much of a factor for me more interested in getting it easily and closer to home.

Blog Entries
    yeah, sams doesnt have the 15 doz cartons here, but you can buy 5 doz for about 5 bucks..so it would work out to about $15 bucks for the 15 doz.

BUT, i am cautious about the salmonella thing and dont wanna drink the raw eggs, ill stick to the pasturized stuff for drinking....as for cooking, i use shelled eggs and separate them of course, MUCH cheaper that way
    The SAMS club here in Houston has the 15 dozen carton, but either way, it's still a good deal. I don't drink any eggs raw so I just use pure egg whites for everything. Best recipe I've tried yet is the 2 cups of eggs whites, 1 cup of oats, with cinnamon and sweet and low to taste. YUMMY!

sock is offline Junior Member
    That sounds like a lot of work. I'd rather just buy the whites.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    im not gonna stop you from ordering from them, just offering my input, as i have ordered from them as well, and i feel that its a rip off and i cant afford to spend 2 times as much on the product

and yes, you are correct, they only offer them in 16oz cartons

at sams club, they come in a box of (4) - 16oz cartons which equals 64 oz (or 1 HALF gallon) for $7.48 as i said

BUT, as you said, no sense in arguing, you pay 112, i pay 60, and we are both happy!

I buy them at Sam's Club, too. Great deal! I've looked up other suppliers and nothing beats the price at Sam's.

thekaydense is offline Associate Member

they dont sell gallons but you can buy enough 16oz containers to to equal 4 gallons. thats all his point was.

eggwhite int is severly over priced.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You guys are math whizzes. lol..

I use Egg beaters myself..

^^There u go..

adioz is offline Female Member
    Since we're on the topic, hope you guys don't mind me asking, was given this link and curious if anyone has tried them..

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/store.ph...on=show_detail

Might be worth it, might not.. any thoughts appreciated..

adioz is offline Female Member
    getnjakked -- is that the link above you got your egg whites from?

ADIOZ- yes.thats the link..now after going thru this thread with soonoma & the rest of the guys..I still like the idea of this companys' egg whites. FOR ME, its easy & convenient,I order online, they ship to the house..to each his own, but I would buy them time & time again.

skyline04 is offline Associate Member
    hey getnjakked - I looked at their website but it doesn't say how it is shipped, since they have to stay cold... I imagine warm egg whites can't stay well at warm temps, even if they are pasturized. How were they shipped to you?

Quote Originally Posted by skyline04
    hey getnjakked - I looked at their website but it doesn't say how it is shipped, since they have to stay cold... I imagine warm egg whites can't stay well at warm temps, even if they are pasturized. How were they shipped to you?
    They come packed in a styrafoam[sp] box, well insulated. Mine were still frozen when they arrived.

skyline04 is offline Associate Member
    They come packed in a styrafoam[sp] box, well insulated. Mine were still frozen when they arrived.
    thx bro, think I am going to order the 4 gallons and freeze 2 of them...

Thread Information