romeodun is offline Junior Member

2795 cals per day is that right

i have just worked out my daily calorie needs using the harris benedict formula. my final total was 2795 but what it did not take into account is my body fat which is 20%. i am trying to go for a clean bulk, then cut up in spring. is it possible to eat this many calories and not put on fat, my answer is no because for the last few years my daily intake has been around 2000 cals and training 3 times a week, i still have 20% b/f so how can eating more not put on any b/f, if you understand what i am trying to say??????

anyway here are my stats
    age 27
    178cm
    92 kilos
    20%b/f

Harris Benedict Formula for Men
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
    66 + 1260.4 + 890 - 183.6 = 2032.80 cals

- If you are Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375 = 2032.80 X 1.375 = 2795.1 cals per day

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Your calculation seem to be precise. If I understand correctly what you are trying to say is that, if you were consuming less calories in the past and maintained the same BF, how is it possible to increase the calories without gaining BF? Well, the benedict formula is not any exact science, its just an estimate, by what you are stating then I would decrease the calories a little. What was your diet like before compared to now?

romeodun is offline Junior Member
    diet before :-

meal 1
    2 slices of wholemeal toast low fat spread, glass of coke

meal 2
    chicken/lamb curry cooked in corn oil with huge portion of rice

meal 3
    pan grilled chicken with fried rice

diet last six weeks

meal 1
    2 slices of wholemeal toast low fat spread, 2 scoops of whey with 4 tablespoons of oats

meal 2
    2 tuna sandwiches, diet coke

meal3
    2 scoops whey and oats

meal 4
    chicken curry cooked in olive oil with basmati rice

meal 5
    pan grilled chicken with basmati rice

before bed
    2 scoops whey

i dont know the marcos or cals that i am consuming at the moment but that is what i am going to sort out this week, have done my research, looked at other peoples diets and know whats wrong with mine, just need to stop being lazy and work out marcos (and fix up my diet). worried about putting on more b/f if consuming more cals.

like i said aiming for a clean bulk right now, before really tackling body fat going on the theory that building more muscle will in turn burn more fat.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    coke is a big no no. diet coke is ok/. Try to get another meal in there is possible.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by romeodun
    diet before :-

meal 1
    2 slices of wholemeal toast low fat spread, glass of coke

meal 2
    chicken/lamb curry cooked in corn oil with huge portion of rice

meal 3
    pan grilled chicken with fried rice

diet last six weeks

meal 1
    2 slices of wholemeal toast low fat spread, 2 scoops of whey with 4 tablespoons of oats

meal 2
    2 tuna sandwiches, diet coke

meal3
    2 scoops whey and oats

meal 4
    chicken curry cooked in olive oil with basmati rice

meal 5
    pan grilled chicken with basmati rice

before bed
    2 scoops whey

i dont know the marcos or cals that i am consuming at the moment but that is what i am going to sort out this week, have done my research, looked at other peoples diets and know whats wrong with mine, just need to stop being lazy and work out marcos (and fix up my diet). worried about putting on more b/f if consuming more cals.

like i said aiming for a clean bulk right now, before really tackling body fat going on the theory that building more muscle will in turn burn more fat.

Yup just plug them in, the macros, and divide the amount needed by 5-6 or however many meals you have. You can use a site like fitday or any other. You can definitly put muscle mass and keep BF gain at a minimum. Just a question of following you diet and readjusting as needed. You're definitly going in the right direction but there is still room for improvement.

Thread Information