Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Diet Journal

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    i realize what your saying. i would start him at around 3000 a day for a few weeks, maybe 2 weeks. then take out some calories or possibly bump cardio up. i have a slow metabolism and going low with the calories contributed to it. i always start people higher now than i did before with their calories. its easy to cut out calories but alot harder to add them in.

this is just my opinion. like i said i was a habitual low calorie cutter and when it comes down to the last few pounds you dont want all of your cutting options exhausted within the first few weeks so when you need to kick things up you dont drop muscle as fast as fat.
    Well so interestingly enough, last night when I weighed I was at 246.5 lbs about 4 down from Friday, and I have no idea why. I didn't do any cardio over the weekend, in fact, I haven't done any since Friday. On Sunday I had a huge cheat meal for lunch and probably took in about 5500 calories or so for the day. Today I was at 246. The scale I used the past 2 days is a different one than I've been using, so before I panic I'll be on the original scale tommorow to see what is going on.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by it's easy to cut out calories but harder to add them in? Also, in your experience with cutting did you do it natty or with some form of AS?

timtim is offline Member
    cut both with and without aas. with is easier but believe me, the fat doesnt just fall off - if your looking at being really cut, some people the outline of abs is cut for them, not so much for me. that was when i was doing the bw x 10 in calories alot. i have always gotten below 10%, 8% was my lowest. since i started doing higher calories while cutting the fat still comes off but slower while maintaining more muscle. very important in my opinion. drop fat and muscle the metabolic rate will drop as well.

the idea that adding calories is harder means, you are exhausting all of your diet options early. low calories, good amount of cardio. when you hit a sticking point, adding in calories here is going to extend your deadline for cutting because your not in a caloric deficit as much. so your body will take the excess calories but dropping weight isnt going to be the first metabolic issue addressed. whereas, you start higher on calories and are cutting well. instead of cutting calories you could add more cardio and keep the calories. if that is not successful, keep the cardio and drop 200 calories from your daily intake. this way your still cutting and your body is still responding by cutting fat. once you mix the signals your body will react to the calories by upping the metabolism but fat loss will be secondary as the extra calories are going to complete other goals for the metabolism. this is in my personal experience with myself and athletes i work with. i have a slow metabolism which i am sure i enabled by cutting with low calories. IBD is a wealth of knowledge. i would probably stick with his advice first, always stick to one plan, if that starts to plateau (which might/might not happen) then changing game plans is probably a good idea.

im just giving you the other perspective. ive been dieting year round for near 7 years now so i have an idea what works for me and people like me (slow metabolism). i was always a low calorie person till i changed things up. i was also low carb till carb cycling made things that much easier. hope this helps alittle, anymore questions feel free to ask. IBD knows his stuff, you are in good hands.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Good info timtim, didn't want to get too complicated and get into carb cycling etc although it would make things much easier for him IMO but it's very easy to screw up also so a simple approach for someone that has never really cut before is sometimes the best approach until they get used to how their body reacts..
    Good info though for sure.

Blog Entries
    Okay so I got back on the scale I've been using and was at 248.6 today, I feel alot better - I'm down from 253.3 on February 5th about 5 lbs in 16 days.

Sunday
    Weight: ?
    Total calories today were high, I cheated at lunch so I'm guessing about 5500 calories for the day.

Monday:
    Weight: 246.5
    2527/64/168/317

Tuesday:
    Weight: 246
    2579/67/134/348

Wednesday
    Weight: 248.6 (back on original scale)
    2510/63/181/301

I needed, keep a cheat day in once/wk to keep you sane and help to boost your metabolism.. I wouldn't go with 5500calories, but 3500 one day/wk could be beneficial.

So far you're on a good pace, how's your strength holding?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I needed, keep a cheat day in once/wk to keep you sane and help to boost your metabolism.. I wouldn't go with 5500calories, but 3500 one day/wk could be beneficial.

So far you're on a good pace, how's your strength holding?
    I may have been closer to 3500 I'm just being lazy and not finding out. I had chips and queso, 2 burgers with no buns, baked beans, and a slice of ice cream cake, the rest of the day was normal schedule. And yes I totally agree, 5500 is way too high.

Strength is not bad. Leg day on Monday was stronger than ever, chest day was on-par, shoulders is tommorow is that's where I usually lose strength first so I'll be able to judge better tommorow.

lol, if you're gonna have a cheat "high calorie day", do it with foods that are worthy, same selection of foods on a normal day but in greater quantities. Eating foods like you listed will only slow your progression.

Blog Entries
    lol, if you're gonna have a cheat "high calorie day", do it with foods that are worthy, same selection of foods on a normal day but in greater quantities. Eating foods like you listed will only slow your progression.
    You are so right, the good thing was, I've felt like shit for eating like that, so it won't happen again. My usual idea of a cheat meal is like 2lbs of smoked sirloin. I showed weakness that day, that's for sure!

I also threw in Tren E and will be running that for 3 months or so along with the test.

Why so many drugs? You aren't going to grow any new muscle tissue during this leaning out process, I'd suggest you only run enough drugs to keep muscle tissue and 600mg of cyp is quite enough. Ppl tend to go overboard, save the higher dosages for when you're ready to gain some mass.

JMO, but I cut down to under 4% with only Test Prop and a low dose of Masteron .

Blog Entries
    Why so many drugs? You aren't going to grow any new muscle tissue during this leaning out process, I'd suggest you only run enough drugs to keep muscle tissue and 600mg of cyp is quite enough. Ppl tend to go overboard, save the higher dosages for when you're ready to gain some mass.

JMO, but I cut down to under 4% with only Test Prop and a low dose of Masteron.
    Alright I've only taken 1 shot, I can discontinue the tren . I was thinking about getting some masteron for the end of my cutting. I'll stick with 600mg cyp for now.

I'm not saying discontinue it I am just speaking my mind. I mean how long do you plan on running gear straight? Seems like you don't believe you can lose or gain weight without it.. don't let it become a crutch.

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying discontinue it I am just speaking my mind. I mean how long do you plan on running gear straight? Seems like you don't believe you can lose or gain weight without it.. don't let it become a crutch.
    You are right, it's a mental thing, I'm paranoid of cutting and losing lbm. And to make me even more paranoid, I weighed in at 251 at the gym today on the original scale.

The only thing that was different was that on Wednesday night I got on a call iwth Microsoft for work and was on the phone from 11pm to 9:30am trying to resolve the issue. My whole schedule was screwed and I didn't make the gym at all that day. My calories were about 1900 for the day because of this. Would dropping that low for a day cause my weight to jump?

No but not sleeping will cause ppl to hold a ton of water sometimes.. Stop wei***ng everyday, I thought we already discussed this? lmao

Blog Entries
    Lol if we did I must have glossed over it.....I'll start wei***ng in on Tuesdays.

Thursday 2/22/07
    Weight: ??
    2142/91/59/260 THis was a jacked up day.

Friday 2/23/07
    Weight: 251.2
    2742/83/180/312 (I messed up today and forgot to add in my shake to my meal planner and then ate too much ground beef for meal 6)

Over the weekend I was on the road alot, so my carb intake suffered as I was out of brown rice to bring with me.

Saturday 2/24/07
    Weight: no gym
    2357/54/65/315

Sunday 2/25/07
    Weight: no gym
    2265/53/113/268

Monday 2/26/07
    2441/42/176/338
    Last edited by majorpecs; 02-27-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm getting really interesting results so far with this cutting. My strength is actually improving, yesterday on leg day I did 475 for 8 reps on squats, and that's about 4 reps over what I normally get. My weight is dropping slowly, I'm probably down about 4 pounds in 3 weeks, but what's interesting is that all of my jeans and pants are looser and my arms and legs are getting really vascular. I always seem to lean up in my arms and legs first, then my shoulders, then my gut, and lastly my chest but I've never completely gotten there. The results I'm seeing so far, although subtle, have really got me motivated. Today is my weigh in day, so I'll post that up after I get back from the gym. I'll also be posting up new pics next week for my 4 week progress report.

Great to hear, stay on track
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Blog Entries
    Alright weight today was 250.2, down from my starting weight of 253.3, so about exactly 3lbs in 3 weeks. I was wanting a little bit more than 1lb a week, but I'll take it. So far I've had 3 people come up to me this week and tell me how good I looked. It's awesome, I've only lost 3 lbs, but so far this cutting has already changed my body composition enough so that people are noticing. I'd like to lost a little bit more than 1lb per week because it will take me forever to get to my final goal. So after 1 more week that will be a month and I'll see where I'm at and re-evaluate along with some input from IBDMFKR and take it from there.

Strength is holding steady on chest. It hasn't gone up at all since cutting, but it's not dropping yet either.

Great work so far, 1lb/wk isn't bad at all considering it is probably 99% fatloss. You are still eating very well and haven't really had to suffer at all and you're losing fat, you should be happy.

Anyhow, if you want to speed things up a tad bit add in 30mins of cardio a few times/wk either in the AM or PWO and keep your heartrate at 130-140bpm.. oh yea and quit having cheat days

Blog Entries
    Great work so far, 1lb/wk isn't bad at all considering it is probably 99% fatloss. You are still eating very well and haven't really had to suffer at all and you're losing fat, you should be happy.

Anyhow, if you want to speed things up a tad bit add in 30mins of cardio a few times/wk either in the AM or PWO and keep your heartrate at 130-140bpm.. oh yea and quit having cheat days
    You just made me crack up...This past Sunday I didn't have a cheat meal at all. And yes, starting yesterday I added cardio back in and will do 5 x 45 minute sessions this week and see how that affects me. Thanks for all your input so far!

Don't over-do it from the start.. I'd only do 2-3days of cardio for a couple weeks and see how it affects you, so far you've done quite well in maintaining your LBM it seems so take it slow and steady. After 2more weeks if you feel something else needs to change then you can either add another day or two of cardio or play with your macros.

Blog Entries
    Tuesday 2/27
    Weight: didn't weigh
    2680/49/186/357

Wednesday 2/28
    Weight: didn't weigh
    2484/86/60/351 - no workouts today so I tried a low carb day just to see how my body reacted. What I noticed on Thursday was that my body looked like shit.

Thursday 3/1
    Weight: 249 (4.3 lbs down)
    2551/44/172/351

next Monday will be 4 weeks and I'll be posting up some new pics early next week.

Impressed, keep it up.. slow and steady. At this point either add a tad bit of cardio or drop 100-200calories/day and see how you respond.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    IBD, i read most of your posts around here and I just crack up almost every time. Our approach to dieting is SOOO similar, its almost scary. I will read his posts and think to myself what I would tell him to change, then I scroll down and you have pretty much typed just that. I guess you already knew this anyways though considering everything we talked about in the gym that day was pretty much in accordance with each other.
    LIsten to I.B.D fellas....he's almost as smart as me lol jk

lmao! Hey S whats up, no doubt bro. Really enjoyed you coming down and talking (er lifting) lol.. Next time we'll have to wear headphones so we don't get sidetracked.

Shoot me a PM and update me on your situation or gimme a call when you have time.

back to the thread

Blog Entries
    Are you guys both in the houston area?

Blog Entries
    Friday 3/2
    2591/57/148/363

Saturday 3/3
    2527/64/168/317

Sunday 3/4
    2510/63/181/301

Monday 3/5
    2314/41/175/304

Tuesday 3/6
    Weight: 247 (4 weeks 1 day in and down 6.2lbs)
    2424/44/175/325

Wednesday 3/7
    2301/68/143/271

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to get some updated pics for my 1 month in update. This week I'm dropping calories anywhere from 150-200 and getting in at least 3 cardio sessions of 45mins each.

Great progress so far, I'm sure you've retained every bit of your muscle..

Blog Entries
    Great progress so far, I'm sure you've retained every bit of your muscle..
    In fact, I've actually gained in bench, squat, and deads since I've started this cutting.

I'm still working on the pics, I work in IT and this DST shit that the damn government signed into law is killing me. We've been working late almost every night on DST related crap. Hopefully tommorow night I'll get home early enough to get the pics taken and posted.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    In fact, I've actually gained in bench, squat, and deads since I've started this cutting.

I'm still working on the pics, I work in IT and this DST shit that the damn government signed into law is killing me. We've been working late almost every night on DST related crap. Hopefully tommorow night I'll get home early enough to get the pics taken and posted.
    yes, we are anxiously waiting for those pics. you know youre getting it right when you have strength gains while cutting. im actually having the same xperience right now also. funny, Ibdmfkr helped me with my diet too, hmmmm? good job and keep it up!

Goodluck to both of you'll.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Blog Entries
    Man I've been freaking busy, here are my 4 week pics about 6.5 lbs down from the start. The changes are subtle so far, if you compare my starting pics you can see my waistline getting smaller and I'm actually getting more vascular across my shoulders and quads, but these pics are cold so I don't exactly look my best. The most exciting part so far is that I'm still not losing strength, so although this approach is going to take me longer to lean out, it will be FAR better in the end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Diet Journal-upload1.jpg   My Diet Journal-upload.jpg  

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    good job, keep it up!

Blog Entries
    Thursday March 8
    2310/63/116/310

Friday March 9
    2321/54/180/268

Monday March 12
    2355/59/140/309

Blog Entries
    Tuesday March 13
    2320/46/171/300

Blog Entries
    I know the updates have been slow lately, sorry about that. I'm not going to post my nutritional info daily as I've now gotten my diet down to a fine science. I'm staying around the 2300 mark per IDBM's advice a couple of weeks ago, and last week I upped the cardio. As of yesterday I'm down 9.3 pounds in 6.5 weeks. Leg, back and chest strength is the same or better than when I started. Shoulder strength has dropped slightly and arms are about the same. Although the bf is coming off slowly, I'm confident IBDM has me on the right path as I've never felt this great while trying to cut. I know the pics don't really show that much improvement but almost weekly I'm noticing new cuts or veins. I'll be posting up my 8 weeks pics in another week and a half or so to keep everyone updated on my progress.
    Last edited by majorpecs; 03-23-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    I just got back from my back/bi workout. Today I deadlifted 500lbs for 6 reps. That's the most I've ever done, and this is while cutting. IBDM you are the bomb man, my diet has got to be perfect. Another I've noticed is that I am only taking 1 shit a day now, and before I was taking 2-3 ed. I really think my body is loving the new diet.

Clean good whole foods will do wonders to your workouts, even while slightly calorie deficient..

Hopefully this will help you turn over a new leaf and stay with good food choices when you decide to start lean-bulking

Great job so far, keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Alright 8 weeks in and I'm down a little over 9 lbs. These pics really just don't do me justice, but the differences are starting to be noticed by those all around my.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Diet Journal-back.jpg   My Diet Journal-calf.jpg   My Diet Journal-front1.jpg   My Diet Journal-front.jpg  

Very nice progress, keep at it. I can deff notice a difference.

johnmacdan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    I live on the NW side of Houston off of 1960 and Jones Road area.
    Houston is a big ass city. Especially bad if you get a hotel near the wrong airport you fly in on and don't know your way around. That made for a long day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information