want2bulk is offline Junior Member

Help me put together a good weight gainer shake

Who can help me out and give me an idea for a good weight gainer shake? I'm wanting to pack on some pounds so I'm looking for something high in calories (1,000+) but also in line w/carbs and fat. I have some cytogainer on hand and was thinking about 2 cups of skim milk, 4 scoops of cytogainer and need your help on what else to add. Natural PB, a banana, oats, flax oil? I'm looking to start a 4,500 calorie diet and I'd be drinking this shake first thing in the morning. Thanks.

TR'05 is offline Member
    If you're looking to put on lean mass with 4500 kcal a day, I would suggest you forget the shake and add in a couple of more meals a day. You can easily get two meals which will be over 1000 kcals. Spread them out two or 2.5 hours a part.

want2bulk is offline Junior Member
    Trust me, I know all about the eating more whole foods is better than shakes ordeal but with time and being on the go, I figured a big shake high in carbs and calories in the morning will be OK. Also, I'm not totally concerned about a LEAN bulk, I just want to put on some pounds in general. I'm lucky enough that if I do cardio a couple times a week, I don't really get much over 12% BF. I'm 5'8" 195, was 205 just a couple months ago but I was sidelined by a shoulder injury so I'm looking to pack on the pounds and worry about slimming down in a few months.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    scratch the cytogainer, make something up i.e.
    1 cup oats
    1 cup fat free milk
    2-3 scoops whey
    ...if those don't hit your needed macros for your first meal, up the serving or down a chicken breast.
    IMO, anything over 500kcals in one meal is useless...

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    yeah what audis said, plus thats my exact weight gain shake recipie too. Sometimes Ill even add a squirt or two of choc syrup.

Thread Information