adioz is offline Female Member

Smile New Diet plan, please critique

Hi all, I've calculated my macros for the foods/meals I plan to eat daily. Please feel free to comment/suggest, etc..

If you have any ideas of how or what I could substitute some things please let me know. Also, my total calories for the day are about 1500. I'd like to shoot for 1600, so any suggestions on other healthy foods (or adding more eggs for example) would be helpful. I will be happy to figure out the macros for the suggested foods.

My meal plans are what I'm going by for now due to time restrictions with work, but know I can change food order at any time.

Thanks everyone!

Protein/carb/fat
    Calories for each are below

Egg whites (4 eggs)
    12g/2g/0g
    48cal/8cal/0cal

tuna fish 2.5 serv
    45g/0g/1g
    180/0/1

Yogurt
    6g/4g/2.5g
    24/16/22.5

Wheat thins (2 serv. 32 crackers)
    6g/42g/8g
    28/168/72

Rice cakes 2 cakes
    2g/14g/0g
    8/56/0

Natural peanut butter 2tbsp
    9g/7g/16g
    36/28/144

Sweet potato
    2g/31g/0g
    8/124/0

Chicken (purdue brand)
    19g/2g/6g
    76/8/54

Salad dressing (10 sprays=1 serv)
    0g/1g/1g
    0/4/9

Cottage cheese (fat free, ˝ cup serv (3cups))
    39g/15g/0g
    156/60/0

Fat free creamer 8 tbsp (3 cups or so)
    0g/40g/0g
    0/40/0

Total protein = 139g Total calories 557
    Total carb = 158g Total calories 631
    Total fat = 35g Total calories 310
    Total calories for day: 1498

Meal 1 fat free creamer for coffee, egg whites
    Meal 2 rice cakes with peanut butter
    Meal 3 chicken with green beans and sweet potato
    Meal 4 yogurt and wheat thins
    Meal 5 tuna fish with salad and dressing (or sweet potato here)
    Meal 6 cottage cheese

Ok, I took some foods out, now have only one serving of wheat thins and added more protein (eggs)...Appreciate any feedback, comments!

Protein/carb/fat

Meal 1
    Egg whites (8 eggs) (with green peppers)
    48g/8g/0g
    96cal/32cal/0cal

0g/40g/0g
    0/40/0

Meal 2
    Rice cakes 2
    2g/14g/0g
    8/56/0

9g/7g/16g
    36/28/144

Meal 3
    Yogurt
    6g/4g/2.5g
    24/16/22.5

Meal 4
    Chicken (purdue brand) (with string beans)
    19g/2g/6g
    76/8/54

Meal 5
    tuna fish 2.5 serv
    45g/0g/1g
    180/0/1

Sweet potato
    2g/31g/0g
    8/124/0

0g/1g/1g
    0/4/9

Meal 6
    39g/15g/0g
    156/60/0

Wheat thins (1 serv. 16 crackers)
    3g/21g/4g
    12/84/36

Total protein = 173g Total calories 692
    Total carb = 143g Total calories 572
    Total fat = 30.5g Total calories 274
    Total calories for day: 1538

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    I'm not an expert like some of these guys ... but I'd say it's looking pretty good .... nice work .... bump for more knowledgeable critique.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Looking MUCH better Adioz! You could honestly keep it how it is and see results but if you really want to clean it up I'll suggest a few things in bold below.

Quote Originally Posted by adioz
    Ok, I took some foods out, now have only one serving of wheat thins and added more protein (eggs)...Appreciate any feedback, comments!

Protein/carb/fat

Meal 1 Do away with the creamer or get one that is sugar free or made with splenda. You need carbs in this meal but not sugars, a piece of fruit would get well here (an apple or banana).
    Egg whites (8 eggs) (with green peppers)
    48g/8g/0g
    96cal/32cal/0cal

0g/40g/0g
    0/40/0

Meal 2 Rice/Oats/Peanut butter etc have incomplete proteins, Try and get whole protein sources with each meal (beef/poultry/fish/eggs etc)
    Rice cakes 2
    2g/14g/0g
    8/56/0

9g/7g/16g
    36/28/144

Meal 3 This isn't a meal, sorry it's considered a snack or a cheat at that, yogurt isn't bad if you have it first thing in the morning IMO but too much sugars for mid-day while you're probably sitting around the office, especially by itself with nothing to lower the GI. Try Peanut butter crackers/tuna on whole wheat crackers or bread or something similar if you absolutely must have a snack.
    Yogurt
    6g/4g/2.5g
    24/16/22.5

Meal 4 Not bad, may leave you hungry depending on how long you wait to eat afterwards.
    Chicken (purdue brand) (with string beans)
    19g/2g/6g
    76/8/54

Meal 5 Good.
    tuna fish 2.5 serv
    45g/0g/1g
    180/0/1

Sweet potato
    2g/31g/0g
    8/124/0

0g/1g/1g
    0/4/9

Meal 6 Not bad but I'd have the wheat thins with meal 4 if you must have them and have a fiberous veggie with this meal instead to help keep you full and help slow the digestion of the cottage cheese. Spinach salad would go well here with fat free/sugar free dressing.
    39g/15g/0g
    156/60/0

Wheat thins (1 serv. 16 crackers)
    3g/21g/4g
    12/84/36

Total protein = 173g Total calories 692
    Total carb = 143g Total calories 572
    Total fat = 30.5g Total calories 274
    Total calories for day: 1538
    Not bad, Not trying to make it super strict as I know you're new to this but I'm sure it's 1000 times better than what you were doing before, you should see great results whether you make changes or not.. main thing is to stay consistant to this so you know whether you need to add or drop calories in 4-6wks.

Thanks y100adics and I B D.. I'll take your notes into consideration. I'll try it out the way I have it this week and will try to substitute some of the foods you listed below for the following week. I'll let you know of my progress..

One question I have.. is it better (nutrition-wise) to eat beef jerky for a snack instead of wheat thins for example? may be a stupid Q but trying to figure out what's best so I can get it. Thanks guys!

Also, forgot to mention earlier.. I'm taking multi vitamin daily and vitamin c (they're chewable and very good).. and of course at least one hour of cardio and started using weights for exercises.

Beef jerky and wheat thins are completely different, one is Protein and the other is carbohydrates.

Adioz, what are your current stats btw? Height/weight/bodyfat, previous training experience and goals?
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

I'm gonna get some beef jerky as a snack and cut out wheat thins, need more protein in my diet.

Current stats: height 5'9 weight 170 (usually a sore subject for women) body fat not sure, will find that out asap

I'd like to get down to 150 lbs that's my goal for the long run, i know its not a quick process but I'm working on it

Cardio is usually biking, walking, elliptical. Trying to use more weights for arms, sides, need to work on that further. Will look into getting a trainer at my gym.

Thanks for your help!

I should also mention I used to be 80 lbs heavier, have kept it off for 10 years, but never worked out as much or ate as healthy as I am now

Awesome adioz, I have a lot of respect for ppl in your situation who take initiative rather than sit around bitching about being overweight..
    Keep it up and let us know if we can help do anything.
    At 140-150lbs you should look great with a bit more muscle on your body to help firm you up.

Thanks I B D.. will a little help I fixed up my food and meal plan, took some less healthy things out and added better ones. I will post my updated (and hopefully final draft) of my diet/meal plan shortly..

Oops, meant WITH a little help.. too early in the AM to think..

Ok, I've revamped my meals/diet.. please comment if need be..Thanks!

Protein/carb/fat

Meal 1
    Egg whites (6 to 8 eggs) (with veggies)
    48g/8g/0g
    96cal/32cal/0cal

Fat free creamer 8 tbsp (for 3 cups of coffee)
    0g/40g/0g
    0/40/0

Meal 2

Whey Protein Shake
    (not sure of the macros)

Rice cakes 2
    2g/14g/0g
    8/56/0

9g/7g/16g
    36/28/144

Meal 3
    Chicken with veggies
    19g/2g/6g
    76/8/54

Snack: few pieces of beef jerky

Meal 4
    tuna fish 2.5 serv (or substitute steak)
    45g/0g/1g
    180/0/1

Salad dressing with veggies(10 sprays=1 serv)
    0g/1g/1g
    0/4/9

Meal 5
    2 egg whites (to make up 8 total in case I only have 6 in the AM)

Cottage cheese (fat free, ˝ cup serv (3cups--I may split 1.5 AM, 1.5 PM))
    39g/15g/0g
    156/60/0

Total protein = 220g Total calories 880
    Total carb = 111g Total calories 444
    Total fat = 31.5g Total calories 266
    Total calories for day: 1590

Just wanted to update you on my results so far.. especially to those like I B D, y100adics, etc.. who helped me plan a good diet and exercise routine..

I've been following my diet well with 5-6 good meals a day and exercising daily. Starting weights this week, was shown exactly what to do today..

As of Saturday I'm at 164lbs, started at 170, been on the diet about two weeks. Gonna weigh myself again end of week and if i'm not losing, I will start cutting some calories out..

Any suggestions or comments are welcomed..Thanks again, really appreciate it. Feeling great and starting to look better I'm told!

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    Great job!!! Wait a few weeks to think about cutting cals .. let the diet work ... once you start weight training .... you'll see more fat loss and more importantly body shape change .... once you see that .... you'll be refreshed and motivated more than ever!!!

Agreed, give it atleast 2wks between wei***ng and remember with females you hold more water at different times of the month so keep that in mind when wei***ng yourself.
    Don't be too quick to cut calories it's still very early, just get used to eating healthy and then you'll slowly learn your body and what you can and cannot eat, then start playing with calories.

You're doing great so far! 6lbs in 2wks is insane. I bet you feel great eating the new healthier foods as well.

Thanks I B D and y100adics..yup feeling great!..I'll follow your suggestions and we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. And I thought 6 lbs in two weeks was slow.. I'll keep you posted!

No that is on the extremely high side of weight loss, if you keep losing at that pace you need to add a few calories or change a few things. It means you're probably losing muscle.
    Shoot for around 2lb/wk if you're doing cardio and weight training. Pay attention to your strength, if it is steadily decresaeing from week to week then we'll make adjustments.

How are you handling all that food? lol Most women have a problem because they actually skip meals and eat junk and then they have trouble eating all the food because healthier foods are much less dense in calories.

I B D.. to be honest, I have very good self control if I want and in this case I want to lose weight and gain some muscle. Havent chated with meals at all since I started, some days I eat a bit less, for example no rice cakes or natural PB or cottage cheese, either its too late at night or just not hungry, but overall I'm trying to eat my meals consistently. I eat sugar free fat free jello once a day, which tastes good.

Looks like you got a handle on it.
    Gotta see some pics when you hit your goal weight if you feel comfortable.. a Before and After would be awesome and really inspire some of our female members, many of which probably don't post but just follow along as you're going.

keep us posted.

Update on my status..I weigh myself every Friday morning.. this morning was 162 lbs, so far down 8 lbs since started the diet hard-core.. Started using dumbbells yesterday along with my cardio. Gonna do weights 3 times a week and see how it goes, start slow and build up..

Update status..been using dumbbells every other day, feeling it but I think it's working so far, feeling great!.. sticking to cardio about an hour a day, will weigh myself tomorrow..and will keep you posted..

For those who helped me in the past, am I calcuating my first meal correctly with egg whites? I eat a cup of eggwhites daily, but believe I can have more, and need to fix my calculations..below is my revised meal plan..Thanks!

Meal 1
    Egg whites (1 cup )
    36g/6g/0g
    144cal/24cal/0cal

Meal 2
    Whey Protein Shake
    23g/2.5g/1.5g
    92/10/13.5

Rice cakes (2 cakes)
    2g/14g/0g
    8/56/0

9g/7g/16g
    36/28/144

Yogurt
    6g/4g/2.5g
    24/16/22.5

Meal 3
    tuna (with green veggies)
    45.5g/0g/3.5g

Sweet potat.
    2g/31g/0g
    8/124/0

Meal 4
    Chicken (purdue with green veggies)
    38g/2g/6g

SF/FF instant pudding (4 serv.)
    0g/32g/0g
    0/128/0

Meal 5

Cottage cheese (fat free)
    24g/16g/0g (1 cup)
    96/64/0

Update on diet.. so far I'm losing more weight, not sure how much but feel it in clothes.. the scale seems to fluctuate which is a bit annoying but I'm noticing changes. Down to a size 10 in pants (jeans) started with size 14-16 or so, that varies too of course, and using weights, losing weight in arms from what I can tell and family and friends are telling me..Appreciate all the help I'm getting on the site..

Thread Information