Thread: Diet Critique

B6Reeze5 is offline New Member

Diet Critique

Since everyone pounced on me for doubting a friend and I've been asked to post my diet, here it is. I don't know the stats like the carbs and protein, its just what I'm eating right now. Please Critique...

Cardio first thing in AM

Meal 1:
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    3 whole eggs

Meal 2:
    Tuna no fat mayo
    Two pieces of whole wheat bread

Meal 3:
    turkey burger
    salad with light dressing

Meal 4:
    1 chicken breast
    tbsp olive oil on lettuce

Meal 5:
    6oz steak (venison, top round)

I also would like to know when I should work out. In between what two meals...if you agree with anything im eating at all. Let me know.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    what are you trying to do, gain or lose?
    the best time to workout is what ever works best for you, just make sure your focused.

your protein sources are good, but your probably not getting enough.
    you need some green veggies, broccoli, green beans, etc.
    and you need some fiber shoot for 25-40grams start out slowly. get some Metamucil or generic fiber source start of with 1 tsp and work up to 3-4 a day, but try to get most of your fiber from veggies, beans, oats, etc.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Your totals are below, give or take a few.

1664 calories
    Fat: 65 grams 586 calories 37%
    Carbs: 61 grams 221 calories 14%
    Protein: 199 grams 797 calories 50%

Not very good. typically you want fat to be about 20-35% of total calories, carbs to be between 45-65% of total calories and protein to be betwen 1.4 to 2.0 grams/kg of body weight which should put total calories of protein between 15-20% of total calories (for athletes, its lower for non athletes).

most of your calories should come from carbs. Too much protein is not good (which 200g may or may not be too much for you, but your current diet is too high in protein calories.) You really need to add more carbs, which you can get if you eat vegetables and fruit...You really have...none!! Not very balanced. You're really suffering on nutrients. The key to gaining or losing weight is balance diet and calorie intake vs calorie output. Eat more colorful meals. The more colorful your meal, the more nutritions.

B6Reeze5 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Your totals are below, give or take a few.

1664 calories
    Fat: 65 grams 586 calories 37%
    Carbs: 61 grams 221 calories 14%
    Protein: 199 grams 797 calories 50%

Not very good. typically you want fat to be about 20-35% of total calories, carbs to be between 45-65% of total calories and protein to be betwen 1.4 to 2.0 grams/kg of body weight which should put total calories of protein between 15-20% of total calories (for athletes, its lower for non athletes).

most of your calories should come from carbs. Too much protein is not good (which 200g may or may not be too much for you, but your current diet is too high in protein calories.) You really need to add more carbs, which you can get if you eat vegetables and fruit...You really have...none!! Not very balanced. You're really suffering on nutrients. The key to gaining or losing weight is balance diet and calorie intake vs calorie output. Eat more colorful meals. The more colorful your meal, the more nutritions.

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. What would you change in my diet specifically.? I really just kind of threw things together with whatever I wanted or sounded semi edible. Once again, I really have no clue how to diet properly. And my stats are 5'11'' 210 lbs prob 18-20% BF, I havent been tested in two years and I was 15% then. I want to lose 20-30lbs healthy, then cut myself up a little bit.

Thread Information