ampz is offline Banned

trying to get ready for monday. dont wanna screw up

I'm attempting to get ready to join the local gym monday. I been reading alot about diet and the only problem im having is not knowing amounts like 8oz of tuna etc. I'm not sure how much protein, fat, etc. things have in them to balance my diet out. I work at 7am and plan to wake at 6am and hit the gym for 45m-1h. I can eat every 2 hours i have no time restrictions. i weigh 180 so i need about 360g of protein ed. Whats the easiest way for me to get a gameplan as far as diet is concerned and not start off on the wrong foot monday

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Read all the info on this site... There is a diet section and a training section. perfect for a fella like yourself. Click one the blue "Diet" word.

TR'05 is offline Member
    First off you'll need to decide on a proper amount of daily macro nutrients- that is, the correct amounts of kcals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, etc. This will ***end on your current physical state and the goals which you have. These will need to be posted before anyone can give you any solid advice on diet.

As far as food, weights, and amounts you can pick up a food scale to measure and websites, such as www.calorieking.com will give you an idea.

Once you decide on goals you can use a Harris Benedict calculator to give you a rough idea of the amount of kcal, etc. you should roughly be taking in.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^He is right.

ampz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    First off you'll need to decide on a proper amount of daily macro nutrients- that is, the correct amounts of kcals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, etc. This will ***end on your current physical state and the goals which you have. These will need to be posted before anyone can give you any solid advice on diet.

I need about 2622 kcal to maintain weight, i know i need 360g of protein (2x 180lbs) but i dont know how to figure out how much fat carbs etc. i will need
    It's not easy to figure this out lol im gonna have a hard time starting the gym because i want to start on the right foot

TR'05 is offline Member
    You don't neccessarily need that much protein....I would say that is excessive and will limit your other macronutrients. As with everything in any type of training, everyone is different though.

You'll need to find out what works, but I would say begin with a 40/30/30 split if you are worried about protein. That is, 40% of kcals from prot, 30% from carbs and fats, respectively. I know those who have both cut and bulked on an even split, however- ~33.3/33.3/33.3.

I would suggest choosing a breakdown, laying out a diet, posting it for comments, and then sticking to something for 2 to 3 weeks and adjusting, as required. If you are looking to lose weight, you should shoot for anywhere between 1-2 lb weight loss per week with proper training/intensity and cardio.

ampz is offline Banned
    remade thread with diet ideas
    Last edited by ampz; 05-13-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Thread Information