Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TR'05 is offline Member
    Not enough food in there, bro. You'll be sacrificing muscle for energy only eating 1900kcals.

Did you just straight up run out of food? If so, I feel for ya bro- you must have been STARVING!

Make sure you have more than just protein for your macronutrients in a meal (i.e. 10am & 4pm)!

pr0digalsun is offline Associate Member
    here were my BF measurements on 12/15/06:

217 Lbs - 23.7% BF

here are my BF measurements today:

207Lbs 16.7% BF

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Not enough food in there, bro. You'll be sacrificing muscle for energy only eating 1900kcals.

Did you just straight up run out of food? If so, I feel for ya bro- you must have been STARVING!

Make sure you have more than just protein for your macronutrients in a meal (i.e. 10am & 4pm)!
    yeah, i agree. i had run out of food and was in a hurry. i really wasnt starving b/c i rarely get hungry except in the middle of the night when i wake up.

i was almost force feeding myself the food i did eat.

wait til i post todays food, i think its going to be perfect.

8am
    3/4 oz of Nuts: Almonds, dry roasted w. salt added 127 11 5 4
    went back to sleep

12 Noon - Got Up, made shake:
    2 scoops MLO: Mus-L Blast BCAA 280 1 11 57
    1/2 cup Oats 150 3 5 27
    1 Banana 105 0.4 1.3 27
    8 oz Egg Whites 123 0 25 0
    4 oz Skim Milk45 0 4 6

1pm-3pm Workout Chest/Bi's
    4 sets 10 reps of ea:
    Pushups/Hammer Curls
    Pec Deck/Dumbbell Curls
    Bench/Barbell Curls
    Bent Over Single Arm Dumbbell Crossover/Superman Curls
    Isolation Curls
    2 x 30 Swiss Ball Crunches
    3 x 30sec Body Bridge
    2 x 15 Knee Raises

330PM
    8 oz Beef Tips w. Gravy 275 13 34 6
    12 oz Sweet Potato 259 0 5 60

7PM
    12 oz Chicken: Breasts 304 5 70 0
    175 g of Baby Peas & Mushrooms 157 4 8 24
    4 oz of Brown Rice 126 1 3 26

10pm
    12 oz of Egg Whites 185 0 37 0
    1 Scoop of Xyience Choc Whey/Egg Protein 110 0 25 2
    1 scoops MLO: Mus-L Blast BCAA 140 1 5 29

11pm-2AM At Bar
    Drank 3 Sugar Free Red Bulls

3AM (just got in from bar alone, so all i get to eat tongiht is steak )
    6 oz of Sirloin Steak 311 9 52 0

4am BED

Day Total 2698 49.6g 289g 268.1g

pcf
    43%x40%x17%

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    totally disagree. Fat (the right kind - EFAs and a small ammount sat fat) are essential for optimal fat loss and in regulating hormones. There are also MANY other health benefits especially for the weightlifter/athletes.
    Cutting fat from this diet would be the last thing I would do.
    The changes made to this diet should be in the food choices. The diet is based largely around processed and packaged foods. They contain many things that will hamper your ability to lose fat. For instance the breakfast cereals and dried fruits you eat are all sweetened with sugar, The only time sugar would be beneficial is in a shake before or after WO with no fats (insulin spike from high GI carbs will make you pre disposed to store fat as fat). Use real foods without all the fancy flavourings ect. Good old oats with fresh fruit for example. Drop the cheese and wraps ect. The dairy is not the best fat choice and the wraps are terrible. Check the ingredients next time you buy them. Full of trans fats and shit. Brown rice or sweet pots would be good choices instead.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    If you want to cut down, you really should cut your fat intake. 30% is like the max you want it when not cutting. Try to cut about 15g of fat somewhere. fat has 9kcal/g, so if you cut out 15g, thats 135 calories. also remember that the more cut you get, the harder and longer it takes to get more cut. You really need to add some veges to your diet.

And, whats with the "nutrients" chart on your post up top? It's titled Nutrients and shows a breakdown of carbs/fat/protein/fiber ??? Go to www.mypyramidtracker.gov, put in a daily food intake, and then click on "analyze" to truly see your nutrients intake/deficiencies.

good luck. your diet is getting there.

Max

TR'05 is offline Member
    ^^Agreed,

pr0d, the diet still needs tweaking bro. Post workout, in my opinion, should be a lean meat- i.e. chicken/tuna with the sweet taters. Beef tips & gravy, bro?? The 7pm meal woul dhave been a better choice for post workout.

Try to replace the whey & MLO(?what is this?) with whole foods...i could go on....It's time to take the suggestions given and really apply them...if you're progressing well now, after the changes you'll be that much more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    totally disagree. Fat (the right kind - EFAs and a small ammount sat fat) are essential for optimal fat loss and in regulating hormones. There are also MANY other health benefits especially for the weightlifter/athletes.
    Cutting fat from this diet would be the last thing I would do.
    The changes made to this diet should be in the food choices. The diet is based largely around processed and packaged foods. They contain many things that will hamper your ability to lose fat. For instance the breakfast cereals and dried fruits you eat are all sweetened with sugar, The only time sugar would be beneficial is in a shake before or after WO with no fats (insulin spike from high GI carbs will make you pre disposed to store fat as fat). Use real foods without all the fancy flavourings ect. Good old oats with fresh fruit for example. Drop the cheese and wraps ect. The dairy is not the best fat choice and the wraps are terrible. Check the ingredients next time you buy them. Full of trans fats and shit. Brown rice or sweet pots would be good choices instead.
    I threw away all of the sweetened oatmeal i had, and the cheese. you wont see it anymore.

^^Agreed,

pr0d, the diet still needs tweaking bro. Post workout, in my opinion, should be a lean meat- i.e. chicken/tuna with the sweet taters. Beef tips & gravy, bro?? The 7pm meal woul dhave been a better choice for post workout.

Try to replace the whey & MLO(?what is this?) with whole foods...i could go on....It's time to take the suggestions given and really apply them...if you're progressing well now, after the changes you'll be that much more happy.
    youre looking really good in your avvy, man.

MLO is a powder with BCAA.

i am attempting to appply the suggestions.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Looking better, keep gaining information and applying it. Props on the progress thus far from the BF loss you posted, keep it up.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Remember it's always a work in progress. Your body is constantly changing and trying to adapt to the training/diet you are using. It takes a lot of time and effort, but if you stick with it you will be very happy with the results. Perfect example: your progress so far. Your diet hasn't been the best, but you have been disciplined and lost 7% of your bodyfat in only 6 months. Now, you are learning to read your body and getting good diet advice from people who have been in your shoes before. It's all up to you as to whether or not you apply it.

Congratulations on your progress and continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Looking better, keep gaining information and applying it. Props on the progress thus far from the BF loss you posted, keep it up.
    hahaha thanks man i really need that! i was getting frustrated. i feel better now LOL thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    Remember it's always a work in progress. Your body is constantly changing and trying to adapt to the training/diet you are using. It takes a lot of time and effort, but if you stick with it you will be very happy with the results. Perfect example: your progress so far. Your diet hasn't been the best, but you have been disciplined and lost 7% of your bodyfat in only 6 months. Now, you are learning to read your body and getting good diet advice from people who have been in your shoes before. It's all up to you as to whether or not you apply it.

Congratulations on your progress and continue to improve.
    thanks man i really appreciate the encouragement and the advice!

11% Here i COME!!

Cheat Day:
    today i ate pizza and didnt go to gym
    here are my totals

2658 Cals
    78.6g Fat
    203.3g Prot
    290.4g Carbs

i just ate 10oz flank steak for my breakfast II and it was WAY TOO MUCH food and now i wanna puke

8AM
    1/2 cup dry oats 150 3 5 27
    2 Scoops of Protein and BCAA 280 1 11 57
    1 Banana 105 0 1 27
    12 oz Egg Whites 185 0 37 0

10 oz flank steak 433 17 70 0
    6 oz sweet potatoes

1pm
    1 whey RTD 170 0 42 2

5pm
    2 oz Almonds 338 30 13 11

8pm
    10 oz Chicken Breast 468 10 88 0
    1/2 Cup Brown Rice 108 1 3 23
    1.3 oz Broccoli 13 0 0 3

2250 62 270 150

48%x27%x25%

With 2200 calorie there is no room for shakes.. drop them and add real food.

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digalsun
    8AM
    1/2 cup dry oats 150 3 5 27
    2 Scoops of Protein and BCAA 280 1 11 57
    1 Banana 105 0 1 27
    12 oz Egg Whites 185 0 37 0

10 oz flank steak 433 17 70 0
    6 oz sweet potatoes

1pm
    1 whey RTD 170 0 42 2

5pm
    2 oz Almonds 338 30 13 11

8pm
    10 oz Chicken Breast 468 10 88 0
    1/2 Cup Brown Rice 108 1 3 23
    1.3 oz Broccoli 13 0 0 3

2250 62 270 150

48%x27%x25%
    Nice macros.

With 2200 calorie there is no room for shakes.. drop them and add real food.
    OK. got in a hurry.

Hey I found some fat free cream cheese at the grocery store and cheese is my favorite thing in the whole world. Look a the macros and tell me what you think.

Skim Milk Protein is the first ingredient on the label.

the numbers go CALS FATg PROTg CARBg

3.5 oz of Philadelphia: Cream Cheese: Fat-Free 90 0 15 3

Do a google search for nutritious whole foods and see what pops up.
    You may have the wrong idea of what's healthy and what's not.

Doesn't seem like you're doing any research but just relying on what comment we make in this thread to complete your diet and I've barely even given suggestions in order to get you to actually study a little on your own.

A great body comes with hard work/dedication and consistancy, but most of all it takes an individual making an effort to better themself, start with your diet, follow that by your training and then inspect other aspects of what you're doing.

Post pics and I'll compare them with pics of someone that knows how to eat properly and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Do a google search for nutritious whole foods and see what pops up.
    You may have the wrong idea of what's healthy and what's not.

Doesn't seem like you're doing any research but just relying on what comment we make in this thread to complete your diet and I've barely even given suggestions in order to get you to actually study a little on your own.

A great body comes with hard work/dedication and consistancy, but most of all it takes an individual making an effort to better themself, start with your diet, follow that by your training and then inspect other aspects of what you're doing.

Post pics and I'll compare them with pics of someone that knows how to eat properly and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    ouch. my problem is that there is a lot of information about what is healthy, but so much of that info is conflicting and contradictory.

For example, calorieking states that around 40-60% of your calories should come from carbs, 15-20% from protein and 20-30% from fat. But other places state that you hsould use 33 33 33, and others say 40 40 20.

Also, I am not posting my pics so you guys can tear me apart becasue of my bodyfat. i know that i have a problem and I have the willingness to make changes and do whatever it takes, but choosing my sources of information is difficult, so I am having to learn by experience. I took picture before I started loosing bodyfat and I take them every month, but I am not posting them until i reach my goal.

I know what someone looks like who eats well and i want to look like that. I am not some dumbass who hasnt put any effort into changing myself.

For example it fving sucks to type everything I eat for people i dont even know to criticise, but I swallow my pride and do it becasue I want to change and I am very willing to take suggestions.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digalsun
    ouch. my problem is that there is a lot of information about what is healthy, but so much of that info is conflicting and contradictory.

For example, calorieking states that around 40-60% of your calories should come from carbs, 15-20% from protein and 20-30% from fat. But other places state that you hsould use 33 33 33, and others say 40 40 20.

Also, I am not posting my pics so you guys can tear me apart becasue of my bodyfat. i know that i have a problem and I have the willingness to make changes and do whatever it takes, but choosing my sources of information is difficult, so I am having to learn by experience. I took picture before I started loosing bodyfat and I take them every month, but I am not posting them until i reach my goal.

I know what someone looks like who eats well and i want to look like that. I am not some dumbass who hasnt put any effort into changing myself.

For example it fving sucks to type everything I eat for people i dont even know to criticise, but I swallow my pride and do it becasue I want to change and I am very willing to take suggestions.
    B D's last post came off harsh, but I know he meant it to be motivational. We know you are putting forth effort, and for that I commend you. It takes a lot of time and effort to type all of your meals out, but it is steps in the right direction. Your progress so far is an indicator that you are showing discipline.

I recently read your first post and congratulations on getting the bad things out of your life and being determined to change yourself. I'm sure it was hard, but you know it's for the best.

There are many bright minds giving you suggestions, take each to heart and apply it according to your needs. Like I stated before, it will take trial and error, but eventually you will be able to read your body and know which methods work best.

If any of our posts seem like they are stern, know that they are meant as motivation.

As for the cream cheese, the way I look at these foods are that they serve no purpose. Everything I eat serves some sort of purpose in achieving a better physique. You should have the same mind-set. It will be what sets you apart from others.

i found out today that i have an interview with a really cool company and they are flying me out there next wed and so I took my suit, which i bought in jan 06 to get altered so it wouldd fit better.

it was cool becasue they took 6 inches in on the bottom part of my jacket, and four on the pants.

8AM
    All of this in blender:
    1/2 c Dry Oats
    12 oz Egg Beaters
    2 Scoops BCAA + Protein
    4.5 oz Banana
    2 oz Strawberry
    1 oz blueberries
    Meal Total 844 5 70 122

11AM
    4 oz Chicken
    5 oz Rice
    1 oz Lettuce
    2 oz Salsa
    Meal Total 492 19 35 45

4PM
    7 oz Chicken Breast
    6 oz Sweet potato
    Meal total 323 3 43 34

630PM short (45min) vigorous workout back/tri's

8PM
    7 oz Chicken Breast
    3.2 oz Spinach
    Meal Total 301 4 61 5

1030 PM
    1.1 oz Almonds 186 17 7 6

totals 2147 47 215 213

pcf
    40%x40%x20%

^^ how bout dat B_D?? less shake, more food

730AM
    All of this in blender:
    1/2 c Dry Oats
    12 oz Egg Beaters
    2 Scoops BCAA + Protein
    4 oz Banana
    2 oz Strawberry
    1 oz blueberries
    Meal Total 750 5 54 118

11AM
    7 oz Chicken
    5 oz Brown Rice
    2 oz Green Peas
    1.5 oz Almonds
    Meal Total 588 26 59 33

330PM
    8 oz Lean Sirloin Steak 467 15 78 0
    5 oz Brown Rice 85 .5 2 18
    2 oz Green Peas 30 .3 2 7

530-730PM Workout Legs and Shoulders - Long Vigorus Workout
    4 sets of 10 on each superset
    Leg Press/Dumbell Shoulder Press
    Leg Curl/Leg Extensions
    Cable Shoulder Rotations: Internal/External
    Smith Squats/calf Raises
    40 Lunges with 35lb dumbbells
    60 Swiss Ball Crunches
    1.5 Min Body Bridge
    4 100m Sprint-Walks

8PM PWO Shake:
    2 scoop BCAA + Protein + carbs 280 1 11 57
    1.5 scoop whey protein 165 0 38 3
    12oz Egg Whites 185 0 37 0
    3g Flax Oil

10PM - I already had eaten enough protein for the day. Next time i eat a day like this, i will leave the whey out of PWO shake so i can eat more meat in the last meal
    12 oz Sweet Potato 259 .5 5 60
    1.5 oz Chicken 70 2 13 0
    Day Total 2906 52.3g 298.3g 296g

41%41%x18%

TR'05 is offline Member
    pr0, that looks so much better dietwise, bro. You could definately move some protein PWO to later in the day. Shoot for about ~40-50 grams PWO with carbs.

On your previous post, remember to get in carbs post workout!! Need to replenish those glycogen stores!!

TR'05 is offline Member
    One thing, though, is two hours in the gym is probably pushing it a little...You had a 4.5 hour break from eating? Try to eat 45mins-1.5 hours before hitting the gym.

pr0, that looks so much better dietwise, bro. You could definately move some protein PWO to later in the day. Shoot for about ~40-50 grams PWO with carbs.

On your previous post, remember to get in carbs post workout!! Need to replenish those glycogen stores!!
    cool, i have this new powder i am trying PWO. it tastes really good and has BCAA protein and maltodextrin and almost no fat

8AM
    All of this in blender:
    1/2 c Dry Oats
    12 oz Egg Whites
    2 Scoops BCAA + Protein
    4 oz Banana
    2 oz Strawberry
    2 oz blueberries
    Meal Total 766 5 55 123

12PM
    4 oz 97% FF Ham
    1 oz Roasted Pecans (Homemade with olive oil)
    2 oz Low Carb Whole Wheat tortilla
    1 oz raw spinach
    Meal Total 511 29 31 36

430PM
    7 oz Lean Sirloin Steak 363 12 61 0
    5 oz Brown Rice 85 .5 2 18
    1.5 oz Green Peas 33 0 2 6

600-730PM Workout Biceps and Chest
    PushUps/Hammer Curls
    cable Crossover/Dumbbell Curls
    IsoLateral Bench Machine/Barbell Curls
    Incline Bench
    Swiss Ball Crunches
    A**ominal Machine

8PM PWO Shake:
    2 scoop BCAA + Protein + carbs 280 1 11 57
    9 oz Egg Whites 185 0 37 0
    3g Flax Oil

10PM
    7 oz Chicken 300 6 58 0
    1.2 oz Whole Wheat Pasta 43 0 3 9

Day Total 2561 56 253 254

40%x40%x20%

stayed out too late last night, my day was all fvct up

11AM
    2 cups Oatmeal 440 6 12 40
    12 oz yogurt 220 0 12 40

went back to sleep until 3pm

330PM
    All of this in Blender:
    10 egg whites 185 0 37 0
    1/2 Cup of Oats 150 3 5 27
    2 scoops BCAA + Protein 280 1 11 57

5-630 Gym tris and back
    Tricep Press/bent over barbell rows
    tricep kickbacks/reverse incline dumbbell rows
    pull ups/dips
    tricep rope pull downs
    wide grip rows/chair dips

7PM
    2 scoops BCAA + protein 280 1 11 57
    1/2 c oats 150 3 5 57
    8 oz egg whites 123 0 25 0

8pm
    5oz chicken breast 140 2 30 0

10pm
    8 oz blackened chicken breast 350 15 50 5

1am
    2 oz almonds 338 30 13 11
    5 oz tuna 300 3 70 0

totals 2318 31 195 301

Macros PxCxF
    36%x42%x22%
    Last edited by pr0digalsun; 06-25-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added 1 am meal

730 AM
    In blender:
    3 oz Strawberries
    1/2 c Oats
    10 Egg Whites
    2 Scoops Protein + BCAA
    Meal Total 642 5 53 91

11AM
    7 oz Chicken breast 327 7 62 0
    1 oz Brown Rice 31 0 1 7
    1 oz Grean Peas 22 0 2 4
    6 oz Sweet Potato 146 0 3 34

330pm
    6 oz Lean Sirloin 311 9 52 0

700pm
    6 oz Chicken 269 6 53 0
    4 oz Broccoli 129 8 7 8
    1 oz Colby Cheese 110 9 7 1
    1/2 Wheat Roll 42 1 2 14
    .1 oz Butter 36 4 0 0

830-930 Cardio

10PM
    2 oz Stawberries
    2 oz Blueberries
    1/2 c Oats
    2 Scoops Prot+BCAA+Maltodextrin 280 1 11 57
    8 oz Skim Milk 91 0 9 12

Day Total 2661 58 267 268

Macros PxCxF
    40%x40%x20%

Just an Update:

They calipered me at the gym last week and i tested at 9%BF! Very excited. I now weigh 215. I have been eating pretty much just like in my last post, minus the last shake.

I have been eating 2300 calories and 200 g protein, trying to eat approx same amount of good carbs, and keeping fat below 65 g per day.

i dont know if anyone is still subscribed to this thread, but it has been two years now since my last post. In the last two years, I have been between 8% and 13% BF the whole time, although I've had some MAJOR lapses in diet decisions :-)

BUT good news is, that i am currently at 9%BF 220 Pounds,eating really well, and on a test/winny/tren cycle.

bump, still around?

Whats your progress
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information