Thread: Frozen VEG help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    goose is offline Banned

Frozen VEG help

Is it best to boil or steam frozen veg?

Please state Specific reason ?

Thanks guys

i honestly just throw em in the microwave. I soak em in ot water first ot get off first. Season em and then bake em in the microwave.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    i honestly just throw em in the microwave. I soak em in ot water first ot get off first. Season em and then bake em in the microwave.
    Note that cooking frozen vegetables in the microwave is not recommended: it’s very inefficient. Since the microwave has to melt the frozen water molecules to a liquid state before they can move around and cook, it takes a long time to cook frozen vegetables in a microwave .

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Note that cooking frozen vegetables in the microwave is not recommended: it’s very inefficient. Since the microwave has to melt the frozen water molecules to a liquid state before they can move around and cook, it takes a long time to cook frozen vegetables in a microwave .

Yeah, thats why I said I soak them in hot water first so all the excess water molecules come off. I then pour all the water out and throw veggies in for 2-3 minutes and they come out steamin hot.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I steam or throw them in a hot skillet and let it cook itself in it's own water. Kind of a steam/boil.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I cook my meat on the pan, when teh meat is finished cooking I put in the necesary amount of veggies, turn the heat to medium or less and put the lid on to keep all the heat in. So I guess it is sort of a steam, I like it this way because it keeps all the flavour in and the meat absorbs it. Tastes bestt his way I have found.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    So you finally believe me that deep frying them in batter is not the best way eh Goosey?

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    So you finally believe me that deep frying them in batter is not the best way eh Goosey?

I thought steam was best.Look I cant wait until we have some yummy fish and chips together and see who is more ripped.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    I thought steam was best.Look I cant wait until we have some yummy fish and chips together and see who is more ripped.
    I'm fairly confident thats you my man but my mum says I'm special!

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I'm fairly confident thats you my man but my mum says I'm special!

You see I get these pound veg bags from

Iceland Frozen Food Supermarket

Save lots of money this way.8 fillet piece bags of chicken for 5 quid.I wish I was rich

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I just toss em in the micro and cook them 1/2 way through. then I transfer them into individual tupperware containers with my chicken and rice for future meals. then whe I go to reheat them, they'll be fully cooked instead of overcooked,

so your saying that microwaving them isnt good? ill start steaming them if it will make them healthyier....

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    I just toss em in the micro and cook them 1/2 way through. then I transfer them into individual tupperware containers with my chicken and rice for future meals. then whe I go to reheat them, they'll be fully cooked instead of overcooked,

so your saying that microwaving them isnt good? ill start steaming them if it will make them healthyier....
    What I have heard mate is that microwaving is OK for fresh Veg....But not frozen.

Thread Information