Thread: Cutting journal

IHateRabbits is offline New Member

Cutting diet and journal

Hey everyone. I have been reading this forum for years now.. And now am finally registered. A guy I talked too recommended writing a journal through your diet, to see what your doing, and keep ontop of it. I have seen many logs on this forum, so figure I would do 1 aswell.

I am currently 6' 248 lbs. Kinda fat, but I do have muscle. The fat is mostly my gut.. Anyway, I have studied the how to cut sticky, and read TONS of other peoples cutting diets.

Here is mine: go ahead and rip it apart if need be..

Cardio for 45 mins

meal 1
    I am gonna do a mixture of eggwhites with a whole egg
    Like 4 egg whites + 1 egg whole
    I read (i cant find) a post that, and I know most all of the cut diets have pro/carb as breakfast, that said having a pro/fat meal, after cardio, will increase the duration of the fat burning process of the cardio. but have meal 2 being a pro/carb meal. What are your peoples thoughts on that? Also, your thoughts on the egg mixture for breakfast?

anyway..

meal 2
    ***ending on whether breakfast will be a pro/carb or a pro/fat meal
    If breakfast is a pro/carb, then meal 2 will be like either tuna or chicken breast with some chopped up lettuce, and a little bit of mayo

If breakfast is a pro/fat meal, then meal 2 will be the tuna or chickenbreast, dry, on a slice of whole wheat bread.

meal 3
    lettuce drizzled with olive oil, with sliced chicken breast on top

workout

pwo
    whey shake (gotta find some dextrose and maltodextrin)
    is there anything I can use instead?

meal 4
    same as meal 2
    lean protein on slice of whole wheat bread

meal 5
    same as meal 1
    either tuna or chicken breast with a little mayo, and some chopped lettuce

I know I dont have meaturements of pro/fat/carbs weights and such. I do apologize, and'll get it asap. 1 thing I do worry about, is I am a cook, and really cant stop and eat between 11 and about 3 ish, sometimes till 5 ish. So should a quick whey shake with oil, be a replacement? Also, is a ltitle bit of mustard okay to spice them 1 slice of bread sandwiches up? Workout is some weights, and some punching bag time.

Anyway, I am going to start this either tomorrow, or by saturday.

Again, rip my diet to threads, I want to be as sucessful as possible

Also, this is my first post, so hello to everyone, and I hope you dont mind another journal/log..
    Last edited by IHateRabbits; 06-07-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: different words

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I would really focus on first getting your daily macronutrient needs, then the nutrient partitioning and finally the exact food choices and nutrient timing.

Personally almost all my meals are PRO/CARB, the last meal of the day is a PRO/FAT specific meal. Again, that doesnt mean that I am not meeting the requirement for fat. Reason being that Fat slows digestion and I find it optimal at night for that to occur, not to impede in digestion for example for breakfast, PREWO and PWO. It also blunts GH release PWO, so I personally prefer having my leanest protein source PWO.

These are just minor details but concentrate on the right macros, correct food choices, timing and then the partition and how you can optimize it.

IHateRabbits is offline New Member
    K.. the last 2 days, I have been doin the cardio, and not eating junky crap, and focusing on the protein, efas, and the good carbs..

Also, I have been trying to get the macros for my meals

My work out schedule is every day. When its not weights, its just going to town on the punching bag (if thats workout) and cardio is 6 days a week.. well gonna be..

About how long does the fat burning process (think it starts with an L) go on after cardio?

So still not sure about the pro/carb after cardio

anyway, here are the macros:

meal 1:
    10 egg whties + 2 slices of whole grain wheat bread
    Calories: 370 44g P/38g C/2g F

meal 2:
    1 6oz chicken breast with 1T of mayo
    Calories: 430 48g P/0g C?/11.5g F

meal 3:
    1 6oz chicken breast with 2T of extra virgin olive oil on lettuce
    Calories: 480 48g P/0g C?/ 30g F

Work Out

PWO
    2 scoop whey in 2 Cups skim milk
    Calories: 560 42g P/30g C/380 4g F

PPWO
    1 6oz chicken breast on 1 slice of whole grain wheat bread w/ a tit of mustard
    Calories: 220 52g P/19g C/3.5g F

pre-Bed meal
    1 6oz chicken breast with 1T of mayo
    Calories: 430 48g P/0g C?/11.5g F

Total:
    Calories 2010 282g P/87g C/62.5g F

This is what I have gathered.
    is:
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    pro/fat
    pro/carb
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    pretty effective? Also another question I have stumbled upon, is timing.
    My work schedule changes every day. So some days I get up at 5, some days I get up at 7. Also my time I eat also change. Sometimes I can have meal 3 at 3ish, somedays I have to wait until 5. but meal 2 is always at 11, and pwo, and pre bed, is usually the same too.. So is timing change bad?

Anyway, some input/help or some good ol smackin around would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Information