Ajc330 is offline Senior Member

fats prior to bed

how many grams of fat do you guys consume prior to bedtime to avoid a catabloic state?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no set amount. Some people have none, the reason I personally have fats before bed is to keep my carbs within my macro range as I like them higher durign certain meals so I keep them completely out of the last meal and just have fats also because they help with hormone production and your body does a lot of thise growing and hormone production while your body sleeps.

But there isnt a certain amount of fat the prevents catabolism so I dont really think anyone can give you an answer there. It doesnt really make a whole lot of sense either.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ I agree with Bino and I may add that its quite beneficial as well since it, fat, helps slow the digestion and at night it is when one would like to do so.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I eat carbs with each meal and stay lean(IMO carbs before bed shouldn't be shunned seeing as carbs are protein sparring and are a source of energy for the human body, during sleep your body needs energy for repairing damaged cells and tissue, thus eating specific carb before bed will free up what protein is in the system for its main function of repair) JMO ofcourse and I wouldn't give anybody carbs before bed, only certain people with certain bodytypes.

I basically balance out my carbs for the day except for 1st meal and PWO which are quite a bit higher, otherwise each meal looks very similar during a lean bulk.

Everyone is different, so your question will get a different answer from every single person that answers.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    i understand, thank you for the input guys

Thread Information