iljs is offline New Member

Bulking startling results

After reading and informing myself via these forums, I decided to try a clean bulk as sitting on my ass and eating dominos for 5 months didnt work. I am a true ectomorph and started at 6'6" and 163 lb. After 2 weeks of eating just about all the chicken, steaks, weight gain shakes and egg whites i could and working out 6 days a week along with 3 days of 2 hours of cardio (basketball) I have gained to 180lb. My calorie consumption was 4000-4500 a day, with 150g protein. This was insanely startling to me, as ive been a hard gainer my whole life. I checked the scale, but it is the same scale we use to weigh boxes at work so it always zero'd and accurate. Is 17lb unreasonable? I know the gains should taper off as i gain more, but I don't think I even wanted to gain that much so quick. Physically I barely look different, but on a 6'6" frame at 163lb you could dump rosie o'donnell on me and probably not notice.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    good work on the clean diet, but it can't all be clean pounds, i'm sure there is water weight

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    you say you're eating all the "chicken, steaks, weight gain shakes and egg whites" you can get your hands on- but you're only taking in around 150g of protein on a 4500 calorie diet? If that's true it sounds like you might have too many carbs in this diet (in my opinion). 17 pounds is a lot in two weeks, i'm sure that will slow down, and is prolly a lot of water like ajc said

sorel_C is offline Member
    I agree 150 grams of protein for an 180 lb guy trying to gain seems on the low side, unless if you are at a high bodyfat% which then i wouldt see the purpose of bulking

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Out of you 4000-4500Cals you are getting only 600cals from protein. That represents 15% or <. That is way to low, you should be getting around 40% of your cals from protein.

Thread Information