ejb3 is offline New Member

Last meal macros

Just curious at where people seem to be at their bedtime meal in regards to calories/protein/carbs. Mine is usually a tub of 0% cottage cheese with 2 tblspoons of Natty PB. This usually nets me the following:

530calories
    60grams Protein (not including PB macros for protien)
    20grams of carbs or so.

Although the packaging says how many carbs are in the protein and cottage cheese it is very misleading. I know that in order to keep my blood sugar stable when eating this type of bedtime meal I take 5.5units of insulin . Usually 3 right away with another 2.5 over the course of 1.5hrs (called a dual wave bolus). This meal fits into my macros fine but, was just curious/looking for advice if some think it may a bit too much/not enough. Not on gear and never have been. I have Type1 diabetes hence the slin comment above.

Braunstein is offline Banned
    Hard to answer this question without knowing your stats. But unless you are some kind of monster this is simply to much.

60g protein in the cottage cheese alone not including the PB? Thats well over 80 protein in one meal. Why would you need that?

ejb3 is offline New Member
    Apparently I don't. Thats why I asked. Ty for your input. I will cut the amount of cottage cheese in half and see how that works. Reason for so much is since I started doing this (about 2 weeks ago, i went from 1cup at night to 2) I don't wake up starving. Just thought I would give it a shot. You know, trial and error, that sort of thing. Just figured I would ask here as well.

Thread Information