im currently on a carb cycling diet where i have 2 of my high, moderate and low days with 1 free day, BUT, my question is

After a workout, shold you ALWAYS consume carbs for the benefit? or not always?

reason being is that i usually get my daily carb amount out by no later than 3-4pm and leave the rest of my day with mostly protein and of course some efa's

the problem is.... i usually go to the gym ranging from 7pm-9pm....

so why is that bad? well i dont want to consume any carbs during the later day when of course my metabolism is slowing down and just basically the human body starts to slow down in general to of course get ready for the night

Now sure, i understand that i can take my carbs anytime of the day as long as it fits my macros, but i already save some of it for my pre workout meal (which is usually some whey, 1/4c 2%milk, 1/2c water and 1/2c oatmeal) and of course THOSE carbs are being used and burned in the process of my intense workout... but after my workout, if i take carbs, i feel like they will just sit there and be stored in my body fat

so im confused now

are carbs ok to eat everytime AFTER a workout? or just have some days yes and some days no?

or should i stick to what im doing and just keep my carbs for the first 3-4meals of my day and save a bit for my pre workout shake or its ok to also have them AFTER a workout?

thanks to everyone in advance for helping me clear this up!!