mkv213 is offline Member

Going from cut to RIPPED

I'd say im fairly cut..about 10-9%...how in the hell do you get lower? It seems like the fat burning has halted. I've changed up cardio, carb intake etc...I'm just not getting that defined six pack or constantly defined muscle seperation and definiton. How do i get to the next level? Take cals. down even lower?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    just cycle ur calories and play w/ ur macros as well as water/sodium manipulation to make skin thinner to show more vascularity

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just curious, do you eat/drink a lot of dairy? That tends to make you keep a softer look as well

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02
    Just curious, do you eat/drink a lot of dairy? That tends to make you keep a softer look as well
    I have heard this many times - can someone explain how/why this is?

heres a pretty good article that gives a few different perspectives on that. I've wondered the same thing, cuz i've seen it it a bunch too.
    http://www.*************/readArticle...etAndNutrition

...not quite sure why that link didn't work. Am i not supposed to post links to other sites?

...not quite sure why that link didn't work. Am i not supposed to post links to other sites?
    yeah, reading the rules prior to posting is usually advised.

mkv213 is offline Member
    no, no dairy at all. MAYBE...and a big maybe...a glass of milk w a meal once a week for calcium

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    just cycle ur calories and play w/ ur macros as well as water/sodium manipulation to make skin thinner to show more vascularity
    what do you mean by water/sodium manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    what do you mean by water/sodium manipulation?
    where u do a load then a dump like eat a boat load of it then cut it out... helps to drop water and make dryer harder look its a precomp type of thing.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    omg that has GOT TO BE hazardous to your health!!!

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    omg that has GOT TO BE hazardous to your health!!!
    All a part of the game...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    yea im slowly realizing that little by little :'(

gotta take the good with the bad right

there is always a price you pay to play.. bigger games have bigger entry fees

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa

Agreed, have you tried carb cycling? Worked well for me when both cutting and bulking. I never manipulated sodium, but I'm fortunate to naturally be lean and vascular. What kind of cardio are you doing and how often?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i run/walk/sprint/jog (i mix it up) every morning at 5am till about 5:35-5:40am.

i do it everyday, except on saturdays, i do it when i just wake up, whether it be 8am, 10am or even 1pm!! if i went out the night before that is

ive been doing this now for like 3 months, ive lost 31lbs and ive gone from 26%bf to 18%bf !! im really happy !!!

but now the back of my knees are starting to hurt :'(

every time i take a step i feel like a small jolt of pain

i went to walmart and bought some knees braces that i wrap around my knees to apply pressure so when i walk and i bend my leg, it puts a little pressure behind the knees, works pretty good, but not all the time

ive tried to run in different positions, my chest out, leaning forward, leaning back, upright stiff, everything!! i manage to bypass those jolts once in a while

it sometimes causes me not to run, so i give it a day or 2 of rest and start back up

im starting to stretch alot more now and properly and the pains have started to get much less...

has this happened to anyone before? does anyone know why this is happening to me? i cant give up my cardio!!! it has changed me 1080degress !!!!! my day wont be good if i dont do it, im obsessed !!!

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    haha, oop.. wrong thread
    Last edited by tretch187; 08-21-2007 at 09:04 PM.

kj101 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe try bumping up the cardio. I am doing a morning cardio session and an evening cardio. It kinda sucks because it's so time consuming, but that's the only thing that will keep the fat coming off me.

mkv213 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    Agreed, have you tried carb cycling? Worked well for me when both cutting and bulking. I never manipulated sodium, but I'm fortunate to naturally be lean and vascular. What kind of cardio are you doing and how often?
    Doing 30-45 min on eliptical EoD. Do it first thing on an empty stomach. I keep carbs low on Cardio days...if any at all. What exactly is carb cycling?

Try not to cut your carbs too much. Your caloric intake is probably too low which will slow your metabolic rate down. You need some carbs. Also, asuming you don't have a job that is manual labor, gradually increase your cardio. Depending on your age, you can probably do up to (2) sessions a day. But, do it gradually.

As far as carb cycling goes, do a PWO shake after training with weights. On days you don't lift, don't take a shake. As someone on this website (pardon me for not quoting who said this) you will be "auto-cycling" by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by kumajet
    As far as carb cycling goes, do a PWO shake after training with weights. On days you don't lift, don't take a shake. As someone on this website (pardon me for not quoting who said this) you will be "auto-cycling" by doing this.
    actually i have seen better results when i ommit pwo shakes, and im not the only one..i know many that harden up faster when not taking pwo shakes of any kind but instead replace it w/ the proper meal

I might try the solid food PWO. Sounds like it's worth a try. I do notice that as my caloric intake gets lower, solid food keeps me fuller feeling. Taiboxa, do you keep the fat intake very low PWO still?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    It's best to have the leanest form of protein PWO, fat will delay the digestion process. So try consuming your fat at another meal.

makes sense. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kumajet
    I might try the solid food PWO. Sounds like it's worth a try. I do notice that as my caloric intake gets lower, solid food keeps me fuller feeling. Taiboxa, do you keep the fat intake very low PWO still?
    i keep fat the same for all meals. moderately low but its still an important aspect of digestion so i never completely ommit it

Kato is offline Member
    i run/walk/sprint/jog (i mix it up) every morning at 5am till about 5:35-5:40am.

i do it everyday, except on saturdays, i do it when i just wake up, whether it be 8am, 10am or even 1pm!! if i went out the night before that is

ive been doing this now for like 3 months, ive lost 31lbs and ive gone from 26%bf to 18%bf !! im really happy !!!

but now the back of my knees are starting to hurt :'(

every time i take a step i feel like a small jolt of pain

i went to walmart and bought some knees braces that i wrap around my knees to apply pressure so when i walk and i bend my leg, it puts a little pressure behind the knees, works pretty good, but not all the time

ive tried to run in different positions, my chest out, leaning forward, leaning back, upright stiff, everything!! i manage to bypass those jolts once in a while

it sometimes causes me not to run, so i give it a day or 2 of rest and start back up

im starting to stretch alot more now and properly and the pains have started to get much less...

has this happened to anyone before? does anyone know why this is happening to me? i cant give up my cardio!!! it has changed me 1080degress !!!!! my day wont be good if i dont do it, im obsessed !!!

maybe you could do some none impact cardio.

elliptical
    treadmill walkin up incline

Kato is offline Member
    keep ur heart rate between 65%-75% max heart rate

Thread Information