billybambam is offline Banned

Sunflower seeds...???

Can someone give me their opinion on what Sunflower seeds might do / what kind of effect they could have on my diet.
    The reason I ask is because I have a bad habit of eating a handfull or two almost every day! I love these things, and I ain't talkin about the non-salted ones either. I like the orignal extra salty David Sunflower seeds baby!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Check out: www.fitday.com

Nice... Yeah they are bad... but man I love them.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    are you eating the raw or dry roasted?

Dry Roasted salted.
    Long story.....
    I dip Cope snuff. Have since I was about 9 years old. (I know I am going to get cancer). I actually get check twice a year for various signs of it, but..
    I have been wanting to cut down on it, so instead of throwin a dip in, I grab a handfull of seeds a couple times a day. Now it has become almost like a habit it self. I love the seeds, and have to tell myself not to eat them.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    seeds better than cancer

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I have sunflower seed kernels (roasted unsalted) from time to time and I actually think they are good...its got fiber, a high % of poly-unsaturated fats and some protein to boot.... its definitely at least as good as natty PB....It would definitely make a good snack especially during cutting when you're hungry but trying to stay away from carbs...as long as they fit into your overall macros of course...

P.S> a handful should roughly equal 1 to 1.5 ounce...any more and it would be difficult to fit it the rest of your diet, unless you're bulking

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane
    I have sunflower seed kernels (roasted unsalted) from time to time and I actually think they are good...its got fiber, a high % of poly-unsaturated fats and some protein to boot.... its definitely at least as good as natty PB....It would definitely make a good snack especially during cutting when you're hungry but trying to stay away from carbs...as long as they fit into your overall macros of course...

P.S> a handful should roughly equal 1 to 1.5 ounce...any more and it would be difficult to fit it the rest of your diet, unless you're bulking

it also has a lot of vitamins and minerals.

UNCCwrestler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybambam
    Dry Roasted salted.
    Long story.....
    I dip Cope snuff. Have since I was about 9 years old. (I know I am going to get cancer). I actually get check twice a year for various signs of it, but..
    I have been wanting to cut down on it, so instead of throwin a dip in, I grab a handfull of seeds a couple times a day. Now it has become almost like a habit it self. I love the seeds, and have to tell myself not to eat them.
    www.smokeysnuff.com if you want to cut back. Just like the real stuff but totally safe.

I hear ya on the seeds though. I dont see how they can be too bad, as most diets reccomend eating a serving of nuts daily.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    They contain linoleic acid which is an *****-6 fatty acid so they ar eok in my book. But adding a ton of salt to them isnt good for you, wont kill you but unsalted would be better.

Thread Information