buffgator is offline king of mass

Ensure nutritional drinks

I ordered a couple cases of ensure nutritional drinks because this old dude at the gym (but very large dude) swears that he drinks 4 or 5 of them pre workout and its perfect. Well I give this a try and man do those things make you full! I was so bloated and stuffed from just drinking 4 of those, then I fight the urge to throw up four a half hour. Finaly I was getting ready to leave to the gym, and here comes the diareha. So I decide bad idea. So for the last 3 weeks I have been drink 3-4 of them a day on top of what I eat already. Well I got fat fast, I guess an extra 1000 calories a day when you are already pushing the limit can do this. So my question is how should I use the 100 cans I have left? Just substitute it for other smaller things here and there?

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    100 cans!? lol feed the needy......

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    arent those.. for 60yr+olds?

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I thought ensure was for skinny babies or kids..............
    Your drinking 4-5 pre workout? Why? spead it out over the day.
    selll them on ebay or craigslist IMHO

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    They're garbage on their own but I would use them in a bulking meal replacement shake. I would use a single ensure, add a slower digesting carb such as oatmeal, some whey and maybe a small amount of fruit for flavour and it could make a half decent shake.
    I wouldn't go out of my way to ever try it myself but if you wanted to use them up you could try that.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    my friend uses slimfast as a weight gainer lol.. oddly enough it works great for him.. he calls it .. his meal with a meal program

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Jesus... 4 in a meal!!! They are like a meal a piece in calories. I used to drink them in college (slim fas too) as a nice afternoon snack. They have meager amounts of protein but filled me up nicely.

Perforator is offline Junior Member
    The doc had my 83 yr old mom on ensure. she started at a weight of 90 pounds and now she's 250 and benching 405.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    my friend uses slimfast as a weight gainer lol.. oddly enough it works great for him.. he calls it .. his meal with a meal program
    I used to drink slimfast when bulking up on top of what I was already eating. People would always be why you drinking that if your bulking up. I tried to explain that more calories are good for bulking, I drink them ontop of what O already eat. For some reason people had a hard time grasping that concept.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    They're good if you're in a place where you can't prepare a real meal. I would carry them around in my backpack in college and chug one between classes. When bulking I keep them by my bed at night. Wake up, chug one, go back to sleep. Easy.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    I used to drink slimfast when bulking up on top of what I was already eating. People would always be why you drinking that if your bulking up. I tried to explain that more calories are good for bulking, I drink them ontop of what O already eat. For some reason people had a hard time grasping that concept.
    I still do that, some times at work I'll drink slimfast with my meals throughout the day, people ask me "are you trying to lose weight?" I'm thinking yeah, I'm eating 2 cans of tuna and drinking a slimfast between meals, of course I'm trying to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77
    They're good if you're in a place where you can't prepare a real meal. I would carry them around in my backpack in college and chug one between classes. When bulking I keep them by my bed at night. Wake up, chug one, go back to sleep. Easy.

Yeah, I love that one. I used to have a protein drink that was soy, egg, casein, and whey. I drank it at 2 am every morning and got passed a plateau I was at.

Thread Information