SdiZZle is offline Associate Member

Tips for maintaining diet with a busy schedule

backround info- I am 5' 6", I weigh 152 Lbs. 27 yrs I have trained for 7 years (mostly to stay cut). I always had a hard time making gains, and never figured out my problem. As I hit the weights harder I would lose weight. Finally I understand Diet was a huge problem for me all along.

My Plan - I have been eating a lot more as of late. I try for 200g protein a day and 3500+ cal. over 7 or 8 meals. I am rather exomorphic (skinny kid, wrestled light weight all my life- I think exo is right?) so I am trying to keep a quality diet, but really I am just trying to slam calories into my system to finally be calorie positive as I ramp up my workout.

My Problem- Breakfast is no big deal -but- Then I go to school from 9am to 11am, work out 11-1230, back to school until 4, work at 5 until 10 or 11.

Do you have any advise for meals I can take with me and eat on the fly? I work at a restaurant so that is no big deal (I can sneak tons of chicken breast, olive oil, nuts, and whole wheat pasta for free!) but during the day I need High calorie protein-fat and protein-carb meals I can take with me. Also I need a good post workout meal/shake that I can bring with me.

I was just hoping some old pro's with a solid diet system can give me some pointers

Thanks for any help

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    wraps are great, sandwhiches, anything along those lines.. basically turkey/tuna/chickn as your primary protein source in those handy lil doo'dads..
    beef jerky, almonds, mix blend protein shakes ... protein shakes that arent WHEY are handy

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I like the tuna and salmon packets they sell at the store... kind of pricey though. You can bring cans of tuna and a can opener and eat peanuts, or wheat bread, or mayo, or whatever with it. For eating at "fast food" places I always go for subway, quizno's, or Hardees when I'm feeling like a fat ****.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    I make a bunch of grilled chicken on sunday night to last me till fri. I make my rice and veg first thing in the morning while I'm eating breakfest. Package what I need up for the day and eat it at the needed times. First meal after breakfest usally stays warm, but the rest are usually cold, but its the sacrifices that I need to deal with at times. Also, just have a shake for post work out. I throw raw oats in it to get my carbs. Not ideal, but it works when I am tight for time.

Thread Information