ascendant is offline Senior Member

things to fill up on while cutting...

cutting drives me crazy. one because of having to do cardio. two because of having to cut calories (mainly carbs). because of this, i figured i'd throw some of the things i use to fill up on or keep my appetite down for you guys. if anyone else has anything good feel free to add...

1) kool-aid (the flavor packet kind without sugar already). instead of adding sugar, i use stevia extract (a natural non-calorie sweetener). DON'T use aspartame!!! aspartame has been proven in numerous studies to INCREASE hunger, spike insulin levels, and is also about as toxic as cigarettes (if not moreso)!!! splenda (also called sucralose in some ingredients labels) is not nearly as bad as splenda, but my advice is just use stevia as it's the only one that doesn't have any controversial health issues revolving around it. you can find it at your local health food store and considering how potent it is, you get A LOT for your money.

2) sugar-free chewing gum. now regretfully most of the bastards now add aspartame into it, completely defying the point of it being sugar-free (for reasons already mentioned above). i have found one kind of the trident kind though that uses sucralose instead, the sweet/sour green apple kind. if you can find any others without the aspartame, go for it and please let me know about it!!!

3) lettuce. yes, i know, it has calories. however, look into the nutritional info on it and you'll find you can eat an entire head of iceberg lettuce and it only has about 12-15g of carbs!!! now that really helps fill you up while giving you minimal calories. personally i use non-fat dressing sometimes for it, but moderately cause of the carbs. when really cracking down, i just use vinegar. it's really not that bad guys! apple vinegar might be good too, not sure cause i haven't tried it. if you do, again let me know .

4) coffee. again, i do this with very little calories by just adding stevia to it and a very little bit of a creamer which is sugar-free (again a kind with sucralose NOT aspartame in it). one big thing i really like about coffee is it really helps to supress my appetite too for a few good hours afterwards.

well, those are the best that work for me that i use. hope you guys can throw some more out there!

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    1) Veggies like broccolli help fill you up with adding too man calories.

2) Onions and mushrooms have a very little GI, are high in fiber, and are a great addition to chicken/beef/pork.

3) Seasonings are great to add to chicken/beef/pork when you're starting to get sick of it.

4)Hot sauce, great to add to tuna to help hide the flavor.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=ascendant]

1) kool-aid (the flavor packet kind without sugar already). instead of adding sugar, i use stevia extract (a natural non-calorie sweetener). DON'T use aspartame!!! aspartame has been proven in numerous studies to INCREASE hunger, spike insulin levels, and is also about as toxic as cigarettes (if not moreso)!!! splenda (also called sucralose in some ingredients labels) is not nearly as bad as splenda, but my advice is just use stevia as it's the only one that doesn't have any controversial health issues revolving around it. you can find it at your local health food store and considering how potent it is, you get A LOT for your money.[QUOTE]

To add to the aspartame comment, it also eats away at the lining of your stomach. But it sure as hell makes this Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper taste great.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i do not diet w/o aspartame.. its mandatory lol

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    PICKLES!!! (just watch the sodium)

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant

1) kool-aid (the flavor packet kind without sugar already). instead of adding sugar, i use stevia extract (a natural non-calorie sweetener). DON'T use aspartame!!! aspartame has been proven in numerous studies to INCREASE hunger, spike insulin levels, and is also about as toxic as cigarettes (if not moreso)!!! splenda (also called sucralose in some ingredients labels) is not nearly as bad as splenda, but my advice is just use stevia as it's the only one that doesn't have any controversial health issues revolving around it.

3) lettuce. apple vinegar might be good too, not sure cause i haven't tried it. if you do, again let me know .
    I drink a couple litres of kool-aid every day whether cutting or bulking. I'm addicted to blue raspberry ice.
    Apple cider vinegar is good. It has a nice flavour.

Diet rootbeer is another one of my favourites. I drink those quite a bit.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    A staple of cutting tools:

Crystal Light
    Splenda
    Sugar Free Jello
    Onions & Peppers
    Hot Sauce
    Mrs. Dash Seasoning (No sodium etc)
    Water
    ***No source checks!!!***

found something else too today. i went to publix (normally go to walmart) and found that the publix brand diet sodas all have sucralose (splenda) rather than aspartame. though sucralose isn't that great for you either, it at least doesn't increase appetite or affect insulin levels like aspartame, so i'm going for it! may not taste as good as the bigger name brands, but f*ck it! i've been drinking this and the kool-aid so much i've actually been satisfied with a 2,000cal diet right now . this is great!!! anyway, if you got a publix around you, there's yet another option.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    jello for a cutting diet ?!?!?!

ur kidding me right?!?!? thats nthing but colored sugar and water!!

how can that be ok for a cutting diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    jello for a cutting diet ?!?!?!

ur kidding me right?!?!? thats nthing but colored sugar and water!!

how can that be ok for a cutting diet?
    he's talking about the kind that's sugar-free so no calories, but it's worthless cause all of them have aspartame in them, which will spike insulin levels and increase appetite. i don't understand how more people don't know about it? even a lot of major news broadcasters have been broadcasting it the past couple months. it's become so well known by the general public that now the FDA is "pretending" to show a concern and acting as if they had no idea how bad this crap was when they put it on the market.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    oh ok *phew*

yay i was right

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have never had a problem w/ aspartame in anyway.. its my saviour

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i have never had a problem w/ aspartame in anyway.. its my saviour

I thought I was?

Yeah its FFSF jello.

juicetexas is offline Junior Member
    popsicles ....sugar free!!!! they only have 15 calories so when i have a craving for somthing sweet eating 2 or 3 of them does not make me feel bad I just wish they would make a box of only cherry, grape or orange are always the last ones in the box.

Thread Information