want2bulk is offline Junior Member

Diet help for someone REALLY on the go

I know some people say they are on the go, but I'm really on the go. I spend a good portion of my week (4-5 days) in an 18-wheeler. I have access to a SMALL fridge and a cooler. What are some good meals I can whip up w/o the need for a microwave/stove/etc? I know my diet obviously won't be GOOD while on the road, but I'd like to make it the best I can without spending a ton of money. Any ideas? Thanks guys

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    large containers of tuna or chicken salad, whole wheat wraps (save space), liquid egg whites (gonna have to drink that nasty shit!), box of shredded wheat, bottle of unsalted peanuts, 12 pack of fat free no sugar added yogarts, Flax oil, container of pre cooked chicken cut into little pieces (so you can portion it off), and a bag of salad mix...

Maybe others will have some stuff I missed.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I love that chicken in a can, that I get at Costco. I've used it in salads and I've cooked with it before.

want2bulk is offline Junior Member
    Some awesome ideas guys. Anywhere I can get liquid egg whites for cheap? If you can't post it here, PM me. Every place I have seen is rather expensive. Thanks and keep the ideas comin!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"

u can make plenty of good stuff, just takes a lot of time to prepare. like they said chicken and tuna in a can is good. im in my truck a lot and im getting my diet togewther again and i have some ideas incorporating a lot of wraps. like cut up chicken breast and some beans and rice or something. i used to bring like 4 meals to work with me a day in a lunch cooler thing. i would bring all kinds of crap like a tub of sweet potatoes that i microwaved the night before with a little splenda and fake butter spray stuff, BADASS SHIT MAN. later in the day it would be maybe a lean ground beef patty with pb or tbsp flax oil or whatever.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    IM ALWAYS ON THE GO TOO !!!

here are some wonderful options !!!

Wendy's Baked Potatoe with Chives, NO Cheese, No Sour Cream, No nothing, JUST Chives and Potatoe

BumbleBee Tuna AND

BumbleBee Chicken Filet, its 4oz and already cooked, 1g of fat depending on flavor, 24-26g of pro, only 75mg of chol and 290mg-470mg sodium depending flavor

Mc. Donalds Fruit and Yogurt Parfiat W/O the Granola

Beef Jerky of course

Any restuarants (mexican preferibly becuase there cheap) grilled chicken salad. Just the lettuce, Green bell peppers and grilled chicken and some hot salsa, no tomatoes, no ranch, no nothing, just salsa, lemon, grilled chicken, green bell peppers, lettuce

Thread Information