ectogainer is offline Junior Member

PWO carb substitue

just a quick question---I have always had 3 scoops of ultrafuel PWO for my insulin spike (about 85 g malto/dextrose) but i've run out and i'm in a financial rut (aka fvcking broke). So needless to say i wont be buying supps anytime soon. Also, i've looked for dextrose EVERYWHERE within 15 miles of where i live with no success. With that covered the question is . . .

What should I be taking in PWO to cover my carb source for my insulin spike? I've been swallowing about 6 Tbsp of honey (about 80 g sugars). Any suggestions would be great.

moush is offline Senior Member
    gatorade powder will do the trick...you can also have oats, or fruits

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectogainer
    just a quick question---I have always had 3 scoops of ultrafuel PWO for my insulin spike (about 85 g malto/dextrose) but i've run out and i'm in a financial rut (aka fvcking broke). So needless to say i wont be buying supps anytime soon. Also, i've looked for dextrose EVERYWHERE within 15 miles of where i live with no success. With that covered the question is . . .

What should I be taking in PWO to cover my carb source for my insulin spike? I've been swallowing about 6 Tbsp of honey (about 80 g sugars). Any suggestions would be great.
    Using dextrose is outdated bro. Go with oats and protien powder. Or a whole wheat bagel with protien powder. Some guys even prefer whole foods to protien powder. But whatever you do, try to avoid taking in fats during your pwo.

Thanks for the input guys--i definitely avoid fat PWO with my whey and skim milk mix.

So bulldawg you think its better to take in a slow burning carb as opposed to a sugar that will cause a stronger insulin spike?

moush is offline Senior Member
    yea def is better prevents from putting on fat...i just suggested gaotrade cus thats what you asked for a substitute to dextrose

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I prefer using a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin... I see more benefits than just maltodextrin alone.

Thanks for all the info guys--and moush i think i'll go with the gatorade powder cause I like to have a strong insulin spike PWO and have a lot of slow burning carbs PPWO. Plus fat gain is not a problem for me, muscle is (hardgainer in every sense of the word). When i get a job and some dough i'll switch back to Ultrafuel.

Thread Information