Thread: pwo food

admirals56 is offline Banned

pwo food

ok can anyone list about 6 or so foods i could take imedietly after my workout that are full of carbs that are fast acting.i dont want to use suplements besides whey creatine multi. i was about to buy waxymaize then i said fu*k it there are alot of experienced people here that im sure no of some foods. thanx everyone in advance. im trying to get about 120g carbs pwo then drink a whey shake 30 minets later or so

bump anyone

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by admirals56 View Post
    bump anyone

fruit juices
    fat free crackers or cookies or muffin, cupcake, etc
    bananas or other low gi fruit
    white bread
    honey
    jelly & jam

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    google Dextrose by Now Brand, it's cheap and easy to use.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Oats are my carb of choice.

id rather eat food or a drink pwo intead of shake.
    i was thinking somthing like
    16oz grape fruit juice, slice white bread, finish up my mono then go to kre-alkalyn at 6g, 15g bcaa's then like 30 minets later a whey shake with 50g protien.
    can anybody critique this for me. is 30min to late or would it be less effective. should i just take it with everything else. time doesnt matter

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    why eat crap like white bread or fruit juices that are essentially all sugar? eat a quality carb source bino's suggestion of oats is a good one, my choice too actually, but you could use whole wheat pasta or sweet potatoes too. no reason to eat shit.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    apples, oranges, and bananas. also juice are all I use PWO

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    why eat crap like white bread or fruit juices that are essentially all sugar? eat a quality carb source bino's suggestion of oats is a good one, my choice too actually, but you could use whole wheat pasta or sweet potatoes too. no reason to eat shit.
    why does everyone have to eat complex carbs? i ve tried both and didnt notice a difference at all. to each his own.

but arent they slow digestive carbs? im looking for the best lol. ive always heard fruit juice is the best but what is the best for muscle building? would it be oats?i was thinking maybe potatoes would that be good or no? thax in advance!

but arent they slow digestive carbs? im looking for the best lol. ive always heard fruit juice is the best but what is the best for muscle building? would it be oats?i was thinking maybe potatoes would that be good or no? thax in advance!
    yes their slow digesting.

their isnt a correct answer. what ever you like or whatever digest easily for you.

Mazzive_T is offline Member
    Rite after my workout on way home i have 40g Dex mixed with 100g whey and 500ml water.

When i get home i have 100g pasta or rice with an 8oz steak or 250g Chicken Breast.

Hope this helps. T.

thanx everybody

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    put simply, your carb choice PWO isn't going to affect much at all. your body needs fuel. and many people think that dtaking dex, will produce an insulin release to help build muscle. when in reality, there isn't enough released naturally to aid in protein synthesis. only way i would take dex is if i was taking slin PWO as well. any food is going to slow cortisol release and begin protein synthesis. i stick to complex carbs at all times. but do what you'd like.

ricogl40 is offline Junior Member
    dex for sure. cheap as shit, easy to mix with whey, fast acting and good results. oats are ok for pwo but are a little to slow acting with the fiber and all. i put dex and whey together immediately following workout, then about 30 to an hour later have a good cho/pro meal . then you can throw in some oats, sweet potatoes, bread, pasta whatever with a good protein FOOD not whey
    Last edited by ricogl40; 02-10-2008 at 04:58 AM.

Why so many grams of carbs at all???

Keep it balanced buddy. The more carbs you eat PWO the less growth hormone release
    you'll get as well. You need it balanced.

But the ideal amount of carbs is also highly specific to the person. Some people have blunted insulin release, and they would actually need all those carbs (120 grams). Personally I have done well with just a whey drink immediately PWO, and then some quality brown rice with my meal about 45 minutes later.

Thread Information