no_juice is offline New Member

post workout shake for cutting

yeah ive read and researched alot even copied and pasted shit to google...i know that post workout is critical with regards to nutrient replenishment...however how do i administer the carbs??

i mean if i was to throw it all into a whey shake how do i get "dextrose" or "maldextrin"???

are these powders i add to the drink that is sold in a pure form at gnc or whatever?!?! or would you suggest i drink a whey shake and nibble on a wheat bagel?!?!

or just throw a cup of brown rice in the shake and gobble it all up?!?! i need something to drink on my way home from the gym that will be the perfect post workout shake?meal...

sorry in advance for my ignorance

Braunstein is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no_juice View Post
    yeah ive read and researched alot even copied and pasted shit to google...i know that post workout is critical with regards to nutrient replenishment...however how do i administer the carbs??

i mean if i was to throw it all into a whey shake how do i get "dextrose" or "maldextrin"???

are these powders i add to the drink that is sold in a pure form at gnc or whatever?!?! or would you suggest i drink a whey shake and nibble on a wheat bagel?!?!

or just throw a cup of brown rice in the shake and gobble it all up?!?! i need something to drink on my way home from the gym that will be the perfect post workout shake?meal...

Intravenous.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member

You can buy dextrose or maltodextrin online. Or you can just eat something sweet.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Just about any source of carbohydrates would be fine pwo. Since you're cutting, I'd stick to a lower GI carbohydrate rather than a higher one.

As for how you 'administer" your carbs, you can throw them in your protein shake, or cook them depending on what carb source you're using. I cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal pwo because it gives me a greater satiety rather than chugging them with my protein drink, but I've done this before too. Either one is fine as long as you're taking in adequate nutrition for pwo.

im guessing you bring the cooked oats with you to the gym?? what about brown rice?!? what is the time you have to get this into ur system?!? within 15 min of putting ur last weight on the rack?!?!

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    im guessing you bring the cooked oats with you to the gym?? what about brown rice?!? what is the time you have to get this into ur system?!? within 15 min of putting ur last weight on the rack?!?!
    No. Get it done as soon as possible though. You could just grind some oats up in a protein shake if you wanted to.

great thanks! one more question without posting a new thread...

on ur days off from the gym and or cardio do you decrease ur protein intake?? are you as concerned about ur nutrition on ur days off as you are on ur days on?!?!

Coop77 is offline Senior Member

on ur days off from the gym and or cardio do you decrease ur protein intake?? are you as concerned about ur nutrition on ur days off as you are on ur days on?!?!
    I eat the same, just without the post workout shake.

JC2007 is offline Associate Member

You are growing on your off-days so yes, they're important.

warvictim is offline New Member
    Buy apples, lots of apples, those are my carb-sources after workout, what i do is that i cut like 5 lbs. apples into a big bowl and i put them in the refrigerator and i eat a plate of apple-salad after my whey protein shake, that's my post workout dinner, a shake and about 3 big apples cut into little squares,

warvictim

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    cutting or bulking.... you shouldn't need to adjust your PWO offering. its P.W.O.... you need food. carbs and protein are your best bet, so eat what you want. whether it be simple or complex carbs. it doesn't matter in regard to cutting because your body is in need of that nourishment.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Ok first I'd like to say that you mentioned only 2/3 of the leading whey carbohydrates, dextrose,maltodextrin and the latest breakthrough in whey carbs"Waxy Maize"What's the difference "Waxy Maize"is 100x bigger then maltodextrin 300x bigger then dextrose and it moves through the body 80% faster than either dextrose or maltodextrin and less stomach bloating.If your cutting on a level of "Ketosis" which you didn't mention but I figured I'd mention it anyway you would take 50g whey isolate with 1-2 tbs natty peanut butter which will slow the digestion and give you a steady flow of protein and not leave you hungry too soon before your PPWO meal.

Couple things too remember first and foremost FUK GNC there whey Isolate is $52.00 when unlicensed vitamin shops like "Rock Bottom NJ sells it for $32.00 for the same size bottle.Check out Rock Bottom NJ,cherry Hill.com they'll take care of you,they also sell Waxy Maize so it's a no brainer that you get them both from there but be sure to mention that Mark with the dragon Tattoo referred you and if you don't that's not cool.Don't forget Mark with the dragon Tattoo on the right shoulder,your welcome.

Ideal PWO is 80g Waxy Maize 50g Whey Isolate.
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 04-14-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information