muscleporsche is offline Associate Member

Natural Peanut Butter

Hello friends, what are the benefits and down falls to eating Natural Peanut Butter daily? And how much per day is beneficial to musle/fat burn/and energy? I normally like to have a table spoon with an ON protein shake. Thanks.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    PB is a good source of EFA and protien, however, it still has a considerable amount of Sat Fats if you were to consume it every day. Almond butter has a higher amount of EFA and a similar amount of Protien but alot lower in Sat Fat.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    you can have it everyday no problem. i wouldnt say fat loss would be associated with pb lol

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I love natty peanut butter its awesome... The reason why natural peanut butter is consumed is due to the process that makes skippy and that crap actually converts/adds trans fats and saturated fats to congeal the butter into 1 solid matter instead of allowing the hard matter and oil to separate as happens in natty PB and PB is full of mono and polyunsaturated fats I believe poly being the dominant fat in PB but I could be mistaken.. and these fats are essential for all the processes that the body conducts... as well as providing some protein and a tiny bit of fiber... thats what makes natty PB so great

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    I have been eating natural PB like crazy lately and as an unfortunate result, I have put on 2-5lbs of body fat. The shit tastes so ridiculously good though, especially with apples.

On the plus side though, there is an abundance of beneficial vitamins.

Thanks everyone. I am also going to try the almond butter. Can I get it at any grocery store?

torontodude is offline Member
    I love natty peanut butter, you could eat it everyday but not if you're cutting tho. I haven't seen Almond butter at a regular grocery store but if you look hard enough you should be able to find it. I usually get it at a organic food store.

Oh ok, somewhere like WholeFoods should have it then. Thanks.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I eat it everyday currently and I am cutting. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Interesting eating it during cutting also. I'm guessing you eat in the morning for breakfast???

C Bino, almond or peanut butter?

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    +1,I also eat Natty PB everyday to slow the digestion of my Whey isolate before bed and I'm still losing between 1-1.5 lbs of bf every 7 days.Sometimes even twice a day but I'm also doing 2 hours of cardio a day split in two sessions.

Next week I will drop it thow to see what happens with bf reduction.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by torontodude View Post
    Interesting eating it during cutting also. I'm guessing you eat in the morning for breakfast???
    Eat with any protein/fat meal. Breakfast would not be the best choice as you really want carb/pro; however, A little healthy fat in any meal is fine as long as it fits in your macros (or unless you are a heavy advocate for carb/fat splitting). Healthy fats should be a staple in any diet, cutting or bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker View Post
    Eat with any protein/fat meal. Breakfast would not be the best choice as you really want carb/pro; however, A little healthy fat in any meal is fine as long as it fits in your macros (or unless you are a heavy advocate for carb/fat splitting). Healthy fats should be a staple in any diet, cutting or bulking.
    Thanks for the info bud.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    For contest prep diets based on ketosis at certain stages the post work out staple is Whey isolate with 1-2tbs of natty pb for a slow steady flow of protein to perserve muscle.

Thanks for the replies.

kingfish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by torontodude View Post
    I love natty peanut butter, you could eat it everyday but not if you're cutting tho. I haven't seen Almond butter at a regular grocery store but if you look hard enough you should be able to find it. I usually get it at a organic food store.
    I buy almond butter and cashew butter at the local market. For some reason they don't have natural PB. The AB & CB taste great.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker View Post
    agree...but make sure you are not consuming natty pb post workout. This is def. not a time you want to slow down absorption!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I add in extra fats anywhere I need them. I try to get about 10-12g fat in every meal aside PWO. So whenever I need it I add it. I use hemp oil or PB. Doesnt matter when in the day. But definitely I put some in my oats at meal 1.

Thread Information