alphadog is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb Cutting Diet and workout reg. CRITIZE HERE!!! feel free

Ive been working out for over a year and a half straight now, i put on 25 or more pounds while keeping a 6 pack the whole time. so my metabolism is pretty great. im not sure what my body fat is somewhere between 10-14. i now wanna be in the single digits maybe 8%. my diet for putting on weight was bisically eat every 3 hours and instead of eating one portion eat 2. that ended a while ago. i still wanna add lean muscle but more towards toning. i change my routine up every week for a month and then repeat.

6'1 185
    bf: 10-14?

monday- back/biceps
    tuesday- cardio (run or bike)
    wednesday- shoulders/legs
    thursday-off
    friday- chest/triceps
    saturday- cardio (hockey)
    sunday- off -- cheat meals day

now this is where im at for a cutting diet.

__________________________________________________CAL.---FAT---SAT FAT---CARBS---PROTIEN
    Meal 1;
    1 cup plain oats w/ sugar free syrup(not much)_____________300----6g------0g----------54g---------10g
    4 egg whites 1 egg scrambled cooked with O.O. spray________135-----4.5g----1.5g-------1g----------20g
    1/4 cup shredded mozz. cheese___________________________80------6g------3.5g-------1g-----------8g
    3 slices canadian bacon__________________________________60------1.5g----.5g--------1g-----------11g
    ________________________________________________ total: 575-----17.5g----5.5g-----56g-------49g
    Hour later Go to gym

Meal 2 after workout;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water____________________________196-----1g-------0g---------3g----------45g
    8 oz. chicken breast grilled_______________________________220-----0g-------0g--------0g----------50g
    _________________________________________________t otal:416-----1g------0g---------3g----------95g
    Meal 3;
    8oz. chicken breast grilled_______________________________220------1g-------0g--------0g----------50g
    baby romaine salad w/ o.o. and balsamic vin________________160------14g------2g--------9g----------2g
    ________________________________________________to tal: 380------15g-----2g--------9g-----------52g
    Meal 4;
    tuna(albacore)____________________________________ _____175-------2.5g------0g-------0g----------45g
    w/ tbsp. light mayo______________________________________40-------4.5g------.5g-------0g---------0g
    __________________________________________________ total: 215------7g-------.5g-------0g---------45g
    Meal 5;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water_____________________________196-------1g--------0g-------3g---------45g
    peanut butter and celery_________________________________215-------16g-------3g--------7g---------7g
    _________________________________________________t otal: 411-------17g-------3g-------10g--------52g
    Meal 6;
    tuna(albacore)____________________________________ _____175-------2.5g------0g-------0g----------45g
    w/ tbsp. light mayo______________________________________40-------4.5g------.5g-------0g---------0g
    __________________________________________________ total: 215------7g-------.5g-------0g---------45g

UPDATED TOTAL:_______CALORIES_______TOTAL FAT_______SAT FAT______CARBS_______PROTIEN
    --------------------------2212g-------------64.5g--------------11.5g-----------78g-----------338g

ive read and believe milk is no good cuz of processed sugar so no milk. no carrots and corn because of starch. i basically am staying away from carbs and sugar. carbs only when i need them in the morning and after workout. multivitamin everyday.

please let me know where or if im f*cking up in any areas. i eat till im satisfied i dont stuff myself. i cheat on sunday sometimes ill eat jsut 3 meals all considered cheating to me meals with bread. i can cut this out entirely if it will get me to where i want i just need some more direction. im looking to get my body to, i hate to sound cliche, but brad pitt in fight club level.

thanks
    Last edited by alphadog; 04-22-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added info

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    pwo u have way to much protien. i would put that 8 oz of chicken with meal 3 wich isnt even a meal

looking for some one to pick it apart good and bad..

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
    Ive been working out for over a year and a half straight now, i put on 25 or more pounds while keeping a 6 pack the whole time. so my metabolism is pretty great. im not sure what my body fat is somewhere between 10-14. i now wanna be in the single digits maybe 8%. my diet for putting on weight was bisically eat every 3 hours and instead of eating one portion eat 2. that ended a while ago. i still wanna add lean muscle but more towards toning. i change my routine up every week for a month and then repeat.

6'1 185

monday- back/biceps
    thursday-off
    friday- chest/triceps

Meal 1;
    1 cup plain oats w/ sugar free syrup(not much)
    3 eggs scrambled with mozz. cheese cooked with O.O. spray
    3 slices canadian bacon .5 sat fat 11g's protien
    3 yokes + canadian bacon=too much fat. Do all whites, please more than 3 and stick with the bacon.
    Hour later Go to gym

Meal 2 after workout;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water
    8 oz. chicken breast grilled
    1 yam
    just do the chicken breast
    Meal 3;
    Celery w/ peanut butter
    this is nothing. Scratch; do a meal like your PWO and eat 30min-1 hour later
    Meal 4;
    t-bone steak with a veggie like piece of squash or small salad w/ o.o. balsamic vinegar
    cool.
    Meal 5;
    tuna(albacore) w/ tbsp. light mayo
    cool. add in some avocado too.
    Meal 6;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water
    drop. whole food i.e. cottage cheese w/ nuts or salmon or steak.
    ive read and believe milk is no good cuz of processed sugar so no milk. no carrots and corn because of starch. i basically am staying away from carbs and sugar. carbs only when i need them in the morning and after workout. multivitamin everyday.
    milks not a big issue just don't 'live' on it. fit it into your macros if you decide to drink it.
    please let me know where or if im f*cking up in any areas. i eat till im satisfied i dont stuff myself. i cheat on sunday sometimes ill eat jsut 3 meals all considered cheating to me meals with bread. i can cut this out entirely if it will get me to where i want i just need some more direction. im looking to get my body to, i hate to sound cliche, but brad pitt in fight club level.

thanks
    so your doing a lean bulk correct? this is not much food btw. I need macros for each meal and total macros but my suggestions will get you started. good luck

correct i guess you can call it a lean bulk. i would like to be 185 with a 7-8% body fat. i weight 183 or so right now, i just want to cut my body fat down and replace it with muscle, its got to be like 12 or 13% ill see if i can get some pics up. what are macros? you mean the amount of carbs-protien-fat-calories for each meal? so i'm good with just my 1 cup of oats in the morning for carbs and thats it?
    Last edited by alphadog; 04-21-2008 at 10:49 PM.

correct, macros (macronutrients) are carbs, fats etc.
    no, I eat carbs in every meal while cutting. Revamp your diet to your needs, and do what was suggested.
    good luck!

cutting down on carbs so far looks like my muscles have gotten a harder look. plus with a little weight loss. what kind of carbs are you eating? and every meal?

^^dropped some water.

well, im trying to save as much $$ as possible for various reasons. So, I stick to oats, ezekiel bread, beans...thats about it. I love oats so its not a tough choice for me.

yes, every meal. I'll throw in some fats i.e. avocado, PB, or fat from salmon in every few meals.

ill be updating the macros as i go along through the day.. basically for any meal i can eat a meat protien and a veggie.. such as a tuna can and a salad ..... or grilled chicken with salad... or turkey and ham over salad

and for my days where i dont workout i just leave out the protien shakes but go with the same food?

and for my days where i dont workout i just leave out the protien shakes but go with the same food?
    yes sir, reason being, you don't wanna drop much on off days because that's when your muscles are growing and they need food to grow. Just leave out the shake and you'll be fine.
    I usually eat the same amount of X's/day when cutting regardless.

OK i added everything up... from what i can see my calories are low.. without carbs they will be low.... i am willing to throw in a yam for carbs and calories somewhere such as with my second meal after my workout... what are the nutrition facts on a yam 200 calories 50 grams carbs and 4 grams of protien? so i have read.. what do you think?

bump i put up my macros.. what do you think

6'1 185

monday- back/biceps
    thursday-off
    friday- chest/triceps

__________________________________________________CAL.---FAT---SAT FAT---CARBS---PROTIEN
    Meal 1;
    1 cup plain oats w/ sugar free syrup(not much)_____________300----6g------0g----------54g---------10g
    4 egg whites 1 egg scrambled cooked with O.O. spray________135-----4.5g----1.5g-------1g----------20g
    1/4 cup shredded mozz. cheese___________________________80------6g------3.5g-------1g-----------8g
    3 slices canadian bacon__________________________________60------1.5g----.5g--------1g-----------11g
    ________________________________________________ total: 575-----17.5g----5.5g-----56g-------49g
    Hour later Go to gym
    too much fat IMO. Just do something simple like egg whites/oats
    Meal 2 after workout;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water____________________________196-----1g-------0g---------3g----------45g
    8 oz. chicken breast grilled_______________________________220-----0g-------0g--------0g----------50g
    _________________________________________________t otal:416-----1g------0g---------3g----------95g
    too much protein. Do the chicken and add a fat or carbohydrate.
    Meal 3;
    8oz. chicken breast grilled_______________________________220------1g-------0g--------0g----------50g
    baby romaine salad w/ o.o. and balsamic vin________________160------14g------2g--------9g----------2g
    ________________________________________________to tal: 380------15g-----2g--------9g-----------52g
    good here.
    Meal 4;
    IMO, i would add some carbs in here. Carbs aren't the enemy!
    Meal 5;
    45g whey pro-amino w/ water_____________________________196-------1g--------0g-------3g---------45g
    peanut butter and celery_________________________________215-------16g-------3g--------7g---------7g
    _________________________________________________t otal: 411-------17g-------3g-------10g--------52g
    Use whole foods i.e. chicken/PB
    Meal 6;
    do olive oil or PB or almonds...something other than mayo.
    UPDATED TOTAL:_______CALORIES_______TOTAL FAT_______SAT FAT______CARBS_______PROTIEN
    --------------------------2212g-------------64.5g--------------11.5g-----------78g-----------338g

thanks
    bro, your cals are too low IMO. I hope your eating carbs PRE, PWO, and PPWO. Like i said carbs aren't the enemy; your overall cals for the day determine your goals.

well, i learned the hard way. I can really only have 1 cheat meal about every month it sucks! but anyhow, i like the foods i eat.

I would throw this in the thread where narkissos and novastepp are giving out diet advice. See what they think.

Thread Information