Thread: Lean Cuisine

millersir7 is offline New Member

Lean Cuisine

This is going to sound really lame but i need to know... Are Lean Cuisine's and Smart Ones really a good alternative to making your own lean meals? The reason i ask is i just started a new job that requires me to travel and work pretty close to 70 hours a week. I just don't have time to prepare my own lunches and dinners anymore. Thanks guys.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Look at the sodium , hellz no.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    nothing is better than making ur own.

whiskey15 is offline Associate Member
    I eat them sometimes when I have nothing else to eat. They are better than fast food or eating nothing. Sodium is high but if you are drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day it wont matter.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskey15 View Post
    I eat them sometimes when I have nothing else to eat. They are better than fast food or eating nothing. Sodium is high but if you are drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day it wont matter.
    If you are using this as a cheat then it will not matter, but if these meals become a daily occurance then you will have problems (no matter how much water your drinking).

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Buy a food vacuum sealer then make your own to freeze.

Chronic is offline Junior Member
    I cook all my food 3 to 4 days in advance, all meats on the grill (10 chicken boobs), (4 eye or sirloin steaks), (10 99%ff turkey burgers), (4-5 98%ff beef burgers) and I also sautée some fish either salmon or talapia. Put everything straight from the grill or pan right into plastic containers and right to the fridge, it really helps keeping moisture for a while(dry ass meat sucks).

Then in the morning I pack together my meals for the day. And the cycle continues. Its easy man, once you get it down a few times its nothing.

I go to Publix just before they close and I'm in and out within 20 mins, cook all my food including prep in about an hour, and I can pack the cold stuff in the morning in around 15 while making breakfast.

If you want it bad enough, you'll take the time. Lean cuisine will produce lean cuisine results.

TheArtist is offline Member
    lol... chicken boobs....

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem bro. I travel alot and I work a ton of hours. (It sucks to be salary). I cook my meals on Sunday and store them for quick eating for the rest of the week. When I travel before I go to my hotel I find a grocery store. If you get creative you can do pretty good.

TheArtist is offline Member
    buy yourself a decent sized cooler and some tupper wear. Prepare most of your meals ahead of time. If you're on a consistent schedule, you'll eventually find a place where you can fit in meals. I find that i have to get myself on a routine in order to do so. GL, it just takes a lot of time and planning.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
    I cook all my food 3 to 4 days in advance, all meats on the grill (10 chicken boobs), (4 eye or sirloin steaks), (10 99%ff turkey burgers), (4-5 98%ff beef burgers) and I also sautée some fish either salmon or talapia. Put everything straight from the grill or pan right into plastic containers and right to the fridge, it really helps keeping moisture for a while(dry ass meat sucks).

Then in the morning I pack together my meals for the day. And the cycle continues. Its easy man, once you get it down a few times its nothing.

I go to Publix just before they close and I'm in and out within 20 mins, cook all my food including prep in about an hour, and I can pack the cold stuff in the morning in around 15 while making breakfast.

If you want it bad enough, you'll take the time. Lean cuisine will produce lean cuisine results.

That's excatly what I do.

Thread Information