Thread: protein shake?

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

protein shake?

Ok i picked up some ON vanilla ice cream flavored protein powder because the dude at GNC said all the Optimum Nutrition flavors rocked... as opposed to my usual gnc powder.

Wrong... Its ****in nasty... any way... my question here is:

I use fat free milk for my protein shakes but its high in sugar. Is there something else I can substitute milk for besides water? It is really bad with water too.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Whew, almost bought some myself a few hours ago. Dodged a bullet. I guess you could mix something like crystal light into the water. Perhaps it could also improve the flavor?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    Ok i picked up some ON vanilla ice cream flavored protein powder because the dude at GNC said all the Optimum Nutrition flavors rocked... as opposed to my usual gnc powder.

Wrong... Its ****in nasty... any way... my question here is:

I use fat free milk for my protein shakes but its high in sugar. Is there something else I can substitute milk for besides water? It is really bad with water too.
    Get some natural raw milk

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Whew, almost bought some myself a few hours ago. Dodged a bullet. I guess you could mix something like crystal light into the water. Perhaps it could also improve the flavor?
    Naah you dont understand, i mean this stuff is nasty... I usually make myself something called a scale breaker, with regular gnc vanilla protein its awesome.

Its a scoop of protein, 2 percent milk or no fat milk, 2 tbsp of peanut butter and ice all in a blender. Its usually super good, except with this ON protein it is naaaaaaaaaasty. I cant get over how horrible it is... i mean this shit is bad.

It tastes like stale plastic vanilla wafers.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i have tried a couple of on's flavors but never the vanilla anyway as far as sugar in milk when i drink milk i drink the low carb hood brand it has 3g sugar per 8oz.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    It doesnt matter, the sugar in milk is low GI, go for it, its not a bad PWO choice at all, especailly since you'll get some Casein protein from the milk. You should be more concerned with ingesting a large amount of fat in your PWO "scale breaker." Ditch the PB, I know it taste amazing, but it also helps to defeat the purpose of using a fast digesting protein (Whey) PWO, do to the fact that fat slows digestion.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    It doesnt matter, the sugar in milk is low GI, go for it, its not a bad PWO choice at all, especailly since you'll get some Casein protein from the milk. You should be more concerned with ingesting a large amount of fat in your PWO "scale breaker." Ditch the PB, I know it taste amazing, but it also helps to defeat the purpose of using a fast digesting protein (Whey) PWO, do to the fact that fat slows digestion.
    I use my scale breaker soley on my cheat days... I have a cheat day ever 2.5 weeks for sanity.

But i was just throwing the point across that even with PB On protein tastes like vanilla flavored sand.

Question: What is your favorite protein powder brand and flavor... i need a new one.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I use my scale breaker soley on my cheat days... I have a cheat day ever 2.5 weeks for sanity.

But i was just throwing the point across that even with PB On protein tastes like vanilla flavored sand.
    Ahhh, i see. Yes sanity is very important And PB will def help ya keep it. Im surprised their vanilla is so awful, I use to buy their choclate and it was pretty decent. You ever been to trueprotein.com (sorry board sponser). Flavors galore, good prices, you can pick your sweetner. Thats what I use.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    ON's Chocolate Mint... Best by far. I usually buy the Vitamin Shoppe brand, identical to ON but cheaper.

RikuY is offline Junior Member
    I am going on my 2nd 10lb. bag of the ON Rocky Road flavor. It's the best tasting I have ever had. I think Chocolate Mint will be next now, thanks to Superlift!

If you have a lot of vanilla to use up, get some of that chocolate syrup to cover it up. It's like the Hershey syrup, but you can get the diabetic version...

Vanilla strikes again!

shanesaw77 is offline New Member
    Question: What is your favorite protein powder brand and flavor... i need a new one.

i like all the nectar brand flavors. they are all like fruity and stuff like that buts its nice to get a break everyonce in a while from the usual chocolate, vanilla flavors. pluse the nectar ones are great with water cuz it not like ur having chocolate milk with water lol. if u wanna stick with the original flavors though i found that Multi-Pro by IDS makes a good tasting ones but you gotta becareful cuz it used to be a full isolate now they are an "Isolate Blend"

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Really? The ON Vanilla I have here is excellent. Maybe you got a bad batch?

If you want to avoid milk you might try mixing one of the Syntrax fruit flavors with water. I like the natural peach a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pump.joe View Post

If you want to avoid milk you might try mixing one of the Syntrax fruit flavors with water. I like the natural peach a lot.
    I got the vanilla ice cream. Its soo badd.

1down5up is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RikuY View Post
    I am going on my 2nd 10lb. bag of the ON Rocky Road flavor. It's the best tasting I have ever had. I think Chocolate Mint will be next now, thanks to Superlift!

If you have a lot of vanilla to use up, get some of that chocolate syrup to cover it up. It's like the Hershey syrup, but you can get the diabetic version...

Vanilla strikes again!
    I got the chocolate mint one time and thought it was gross, i just picked up On strawberry and its pretty good.

1down5up is offline Associate Member
    I got the vanilla ice cream. Its soo badd.
    I was gonna buy that ones, good thing i didnt tho since you said it was gross.

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member
    Naah you dont understand, i mean this stuff is nasty... I usually make myself something called a scale breaker, with regular gnc vanilla protein its awesome.

Its a scoop of protein, 2 percent milk or no fat milk, 2 tbsp of peanut butter and ice all in a blender. Its usually super good, except with this ON protein it is naaaaaaaaaasty. I cant get over how horrible it is... i mean this shit is bad.

It tastes like stale plastic vanilla wafers.
    Get some ON mint,road,straw or any other brands the other dudes suggested and mix it in. If its still nasty.......ditch it!

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pump.joe View Post

I too have ON Vanilla Ice Cream and it is quite tasty

Quote Originally Posted by gettingBIGGERfast View Post
    I too have ON Vanilla Ice Cream and it is quite tasty
    Some people like it, but checkin out its review now on other forums it gets more negative opinions... but that goes with all of their flavors. Rocky road was the best of the concensus.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shanesaw77 View Post
    i like all the nectar brand flavors. they are all like fruity and stuff like that buts its nice to get a break everyonce in a while from the usual chocolate, vanilla flavors. pluse the nectar ones are great with water cuz it not like ur having chocolate milk with water lol. if u wanna stick with the original flavors though i found that Multi-Pro by IDS makes a good tasting ones but you gotta becareful cuz it used to be a full isolate now they are an "Isolate Blend"
    Nectar Syntrax for sure!!!!!!!! Especially with some dextrose for PWO, WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04 View Post
    Nectar Syntrax for sure!!!!!!!! Especially with some dextrose for PWO, WOW!!!
    They look really promising actually... and the prices arent bad.

23g of protein per serving as well... hmmmm

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    if you have the reciet you can return it for anything else in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    if you have the reciet you can return it for anything else in the store.
    I already used like 10 scoops

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    it doesnt matter. just stop using it. return it and your good to go.
    i use to do that.. they dont care there not losing money the company is

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    it doesnt matter. just stop using it. return it and your good to go.
    i use to do that.. they dont care there not losing money the company is
    Damn... i need to find that receipt

Thread Information