mv540 is offline Junior Member

Diet + weight gainer

Weight: 152
    Height: 5'11

Hey guys i wanted to post the diet im aiming for and what i have been eating for the past 2 days. any productive ctiscism or advice is very appreciated.

Breakfast: 5 Egg whites, 2 Whole Wheat toasts and 1/3 cup of oatmeal in 2% milk

2 hours later: Serving of Weight Gainer(Muscle Juice)

Lunch: Lean ground beef with green veggies.

Training

PWO Shake (muscle juice) and a serving of Creatine (Cell Mass)

hour or 2 later: Can of tuna and a PB sandwhich on whole wheat.

Dinner: Checken Breast with veggies and 1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice.

Before Bedtime: Serving of Weight Gainer(Muscle Juice) and Creatine (Cell Mass)

I had some questions about the weight gainer, the stats on the weight gainer are as follows

With 500ml of
    2% milk

Energy: 990 Cal 1272 Cal
    Protein: 55 g 71 g
    Fat: 18g 28 g
    Carbohydrate: 152 g 184 g

I usualy do drink the gainer with 2% milk, but isnt drinking that 3 times a day by it self over 3000 calories a day, is this to much for my size considering all the other food i am also eating?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You are taking in too many cals thats for sure. You dont need that. Drop the weight gainer down to once a day if at all. Try to keep calories a bit more balanced over your meals.

For example you are having like 1300 calories in some "meals" with that weight gainer. Yet at other times you are having a tuna sandwich and PB which MAYBE will give you 400cals. So you are going from meals with 1200 calories and 184g carbs to meals with 400 calories and like 40g carbs.

Just flip flopping way too much. Try to go for 6 meals of 500cals each as a starting point. Drink half the weight gainer serving if you really wanna drink it.

maybe, limit the weight gainer for post work out? or maybe instead of using the three scoopes per shake that is recommended cut it down to one or two scoops?
    Last edited by mv540; 07-21-2008 at 01:28 PM.

dlovefitness is offline Junior Member
    2 mNY CALORIES DEF BRO ...DO MORE HOMEWORK ON CALORIE INTAKE

Ive cut down on weight gainer shakes and i use em for pwo, and than i only put about 2 scoops with about 3 egg whites, and im aiming for 500 calories per meal x 5 or 6 times a day. Thanks for the advice guys

Thread Information