RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

Sust and hopefully lean bulk.

Im at my wits end here. Literally...

Ive been dieting for about a month and a half... strict for about a solid month... ive dropped 6 inches off of my waist and 12 lbs off of my body. I plan on doing a sust run for 10 wks @ 500mg in about a month and a half.

My diet that I had planned was so unbalanced... and just garbage. So i need you guys to help me write up a new grocery list.

What I originally had planned looked something like thsi

BKFST: 10egg whites w/ ground beef and a 44g protein shake

snack:whole wheat and some PB

Lunch: Whole wheat and 2 cans of tuna - shake

snack - some fruit - watermelon and bananas

Dinner - 1 chicken breast and 8oz of ground beef with some vegetables shake

snack - a shake

I dunno where to go from here. Honestly... I want it so perfect and its just not sitting well with me. HELPPPP

bump before bed.

bmit is offline Member
    Here is what i would do:

for breakfast cut the protein shake in 1/2 and have more solid protein. 46g whey is too much to get absorbed that quickly bro. Better would be to throw out the shake and put oatmeal in there.

with your snacks then have a 23g or so protein shake w/ skim milk. Your snacks need more protein in them. Otherwise you are going too long between protein based meals

Before bed make sure to mix your whey with skim milk, fiber, and/or some efas to slow down digestion. Better to use casein. I like to use cottage cheese and mix in chocolate whey protein with it. Tastes great

Quote Originally Posted by bmit View Post
    Here is what i would do:

for breakfast cut the protein shake in 1/2 and have more solid protein. 46g whey is too much to get absorbed that quickly bro. Better would be to throw out the shake and put oatmeal in there.

with your snacks then have a 23g or so protein shake w/ skim milk. Your snacks need more protein in them. Otherwise you are going too long between protein based meals

Before bed make sure to mix your whey with skim milk, fiber, and/or some efas to slow down digestion. Better to use casein. I like to use cottage cheese and mix in chocolate whey protein with it. Tastes great
    Ok agreed on the breakfast - but if i add a shake per snack - thats 4 shakes a day. Is that ok? for my shakes i use 16oz of skim milk with 1 scoop of protein which equals 44g protein. Should I use half a scoop w/ 8oz or with 16?

i was under the impression that shakes werent a great way to go for protein.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    i was under the impression that shakes werent a great way to go for protein.

I use 8oz of egg white pasterized with two scoops of Ion Exchange Whey Isopure perfect...that is definitley the way to go but you do need solid food too...when i'm on the go though that shit is jam packed with love.

8oz of eggwhite? no milk or anything?

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Protein and carbs at all meals except before bed. then just protein before bed.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Shakes here, shakes there, shakes everywhere! What happened to eating real foods?

Thread Information