Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member

Silly noobs Protein = Useless

UNLESS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CALORIES. (Sorry guys this prob goes in the diet forum but we all KNOW the noobs dont look there)

Lately I have seen several threads and posts about guys that are 140-175lbs and are 5'11"-6'4". They all eat "clean" and take in atleast 200 grams of protein a day but can't gain weight... You cant gain weight on protein only, sorry guys if it was that easy we would all just sit around and suck on protein shakes all day.

Protein is important (IMO atleast, tho I know many guys who use much less protein than the average BB and still make great gains). But to truely gain good size most of us need a good amount of protein, a good amount of carbs (preferabbly from good sources such as oats, yams, etc...), as well as a good amount of EFA's. In other words you need high calories not just high protein.

Dont judge your diet just based on the protein content. Hell most high protein foods are LOW in calories. Here is a good example. I eat these chicken breasts that are 100 cals 20 grams of protein. Lets say I ate 20 of these a day. That would give me a whopping 400 grams of protein. Yet if thats all I ate I wouldn't be adding mass because I would only have 2000 calories which is at least 1000 calories below maintenance for me.

I have already said this in another thread but it is worth repeating:

THE TWO THINGS THAT HAVE IMPROVED ME THE MOST WERE COUNTING MY CALORIES/MACROS AND KEEPING A TRAINING LOG.

Doing these two things will help you immensely. If you are eating the same amount of calories everyday and start gaining bf then you can easily drop a few hundred cals from your daily diet. If your eating the same cals everyday and stop gaining then you know that its time to add a few 100 cals to your diet. As for the training log it helps you be sure that your increasing strength every trip to the gym. Whether it be by 10lbs on your bench or if you just push out 1 rep extra from the week before. It helps.

If you fit into this I eat so much protein but can't gain weight category or are just having trouble in gaining weight in general check out these two fantastic threads, they helped me immensely:

Hardgainer? Can't gain weight? READ THIS!!!

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Read those until you UNDERSTAND it. Then begin to practice in you everyday life and I promise you will begin to see results.

Again I know this belongs in the diet forums but I have seen atleast 5+ posts all saying the same thing, so hopefully this will be left here long enough for some of these stubborn noobs that think just because they eat a chicken breast and some broccolli a few times a day that should be gaining weight since their eating "clean".

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    good post. off to the diet forum im sure, but hopefully a few noobs read this.

godkilla is offline Senior Member

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    thats the funniest picture ive seen in a while godkilla

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    thats the funniest picture ive seen in a while godkilla
    yeah i got it from xtrememass when it was around. always good for a laugh

Thread Information