getpaid is offline Associate Member

Carb depleted plz help!!! Need advice!!

..Right now I am probably around 7% and I have been carb depleting for about the last 2 1/2 wks..Been taking n about 20g of carbs a day up until the last couple of days which I have pretty much not had any..I am treating this like a competition( which im not, just want to see how my body reacts) Im actually going to the bahamas and would like to look as good as possible without spilling over..Prob didnt do exactly what most of you would have done but I would like ur advice..If I am leaving this sunday and want to treat sunday as the competion when do you think I should start adding carbs back in and how much a day? I feel I am completely depleted but I am just confused as hell on what I should do..Also what about water this week, how much and when would you cut it out?
    Again guys I would really appreciate your advice, I just hear of so many different approaches and they just have me confused..Thanks for your time bros!!

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    so you carb depleted for 2 weeks?
    I normally carb delete 5 days for a show and 4 days in prep, but you have done it for 14 days????? WOW.

Have you ever carb depleted before? Are you working out? Do you have any sodium or potassium or magnesium in your current diet?

LOL, trust me I know, I have felt like $hit the last two weeks but my abs are blinging.. The trip was kind of sprung on me at the last min, I carb cycled for 2wks prior to doing the no carb thing... Had a body builder that won our state competion tell me if I wanted to make drastic results I would to take drastic measures!So he told to try and completely deplete my carbs for the next two weeks so thats what I did ! I will slowly start adding carbs back into my diet tomorrow(probably eating a mixture of oats,apples, cinnamon,and honey) keeping my water intake around 32oz for the next few days and adjust as needed..I have been working out like a freak 6days a wk and the only thing that has saved me is REDLINE!!!!! Its the bomb!!! But I will post some pics to show my results later in the week!! So far I have lost like 22lbs!!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    The whole carb depletion and loading is designed so that your muscles supercompensate and you can also manipulate your water loss with it as well. Problem is, it will give you this look for only a brief period of time and not long enough to hold for a vacation to the Bahamas. Sounds like you are already in great shape, relax and enjoy your vacation. Trust me, you are not going to see anyone in the Bahamas who looks at you and wonders why you didnt carb load.

LOL, Yeah Im not just doing this for my vacation but more for experience on how my body reacts to a strict diet!! I would like to compete at some point next year!! Also I dont want to even look my best the whole time Im there, just the first day so I can take pics and talk about how good of shape Im in!!LOL.. I'll post some before and after pics when Im done carbing up!!

Thread Information