boxer08 is offline Senior Member

high protein consumption

Do you think i would of caused any damage to my body. For 1 year and a half i was consuming 400-450g of protein daily which would of been last year and this year and i am only 19 now and wernt using any aas.

toneloc85 is offline Associate Member
    how much do you weigh? from what i have read is that you should usually shoot for about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight on off days and about 1.5-2 grams per pound on training days.

toneloc85 is offline Associate Member
    as far as hurting you, i think eating more protein than your body can use would result in a little fat gain and possibly shits.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Im not sure about 4-500 grams thats pretty high, least for me it would be. Of couse we've all read about elite level bodybuilders taking in that much so who knows??? I just take in 1-1.25 grams per pound of bodyweight and it works fine, then again I dont compete, Id say just depends on your goals.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    IMO, too much protein is a waste. I reckon even 2g per lb of bodyweight is too much. Your body can only digest and use a certain amount of protein. The rest will be waste product.

boxer08 is offline Senior Member
    I was just under 200lbs when i first started taking that much in and ive lowered it now to 200g because i am injured.
    Last edited by boxer08; 08-03-2008 at 02:18 AM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    IMO, too much protein is a waste. I reckon even 2g per lb of bodyweight is too much. Your body can only digest and use a certain amount of protein. The rest will be waste product.
    Can only digest a certain amount? So after that certain amount you think your digestion process stops and the acids and enzymes in your stomach no longer digest the protein? Sorry just not true at all.

Ya imagine your body turned off the switch like you are implying then you eat a steak. Yup just wont be digested, instead the whole steak sits there in your stomach without being digested LMAO.

Your body doesnt just use protein for building muscle. It has so many different uses in the body and I dont know why people think your body can only take in a certain amount of protein but yet have no limit for carb or fat digestion.

Certainly there is a point when you can be over consuming protein because you just dont NEED that much for muscle building and the calories would be better used from carbs or fats, but no such thing as not being able to digest it.

In this case I definitely believe the thread starter has much more protein than required considering his height and weight.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    This topic is like grouhdhog day here!! But since I am weighing in, ditto on what Bino said.

slyced is offline New Member
    I eat 540g/day...way to much but I do see good results w/ my diet. I have had bloodwork done and my kidney levels are pretty elevated. Not sure if this can lead to kidney failure??

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slyced View Post
    I eat 540g/day...way to much but I do see good results w/ my diet. I have had bloodwork done and my kidney levels are pretty elevated. Not sure if this can lead to kidney failure??

I think overdoing anything can never lead to something good usually. Stick with the general consensus of 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight imo.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    i know over consumption of red meats do have long term effects on the body.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    not enough to do damage. but talking with your doc and having a few select tests run would be able to give you a better answer. everyone is diff. but in regard to muscle building that appears to be too much and you could have lowered it, but enough to do harm? doubt it, but can't tell.

Thread Information