xo3et is offline Productive Member

My Diet - Please check

Hi everyone. Training 3/4 times a week. My aim is to add 14Lbs but still be of solid build.

Stats:
    25yrs Old
    5ft 11"
    180Lbs
    Bf "Will check soon"

Diet:
    8am - Cerial + 2 bread with Peanut Butter + 2 egg whites
    9am - Protien shake using Milk "reflex instant whey" 564cals 50g Protien
    10am - Scrambled Eggs on 2 toast using 4 egg whites and 2 yolkes
    1pm - Chicken breast or Tuna sandwich + 3 egg whites
    2:30pm - Training
    4:30pm - Protien shake
    5:30 - Rump Steak with salad and jacket patato + 2 egg whites
    7pm - 2 slice toast with peanut butter
    8pm/9pm - Protien shake

Ill eat porage instead of cerial every other day and try to eat nuts as snacks in between.

I try to eat as healthy as possible and as much as as regular as i can. I eat a lot of boiled eggs "just whites" due to how easy and fast to make. Chicken breast and steaks also "i love George forman grill ". + 3-4 L of water per day.

I thank you for your time reading, i been this forum a few days and ive decided not to use AS for now "mainly as i havent a scooby do and need to learn more" So i want everything else in check before i move accross to harder stuff.

David

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xo3et View Post
    Hi everyone. Training 3/4 times a week. My aim is to add 14Lbs but still be of solid build.

Stats:
    25yrs Old
    5ft 11"
    180Lbs
    Bf "Will check soon"

Diet:
    1pm - Chicken breast or Tuna sandwich + 3 egg whites
    5:30 - Rump Steak with salad and jacket patato + 2 egg whites
    7pm - 2 slice toast with peanut butter
    8pm/9pm - Protien shake

Ill eat porage instead of cerial every other day and try to eat nuts as snacks in between.

I try to eat as healthy as possible and as much as as regular as i can. I eat a lot of boiled eggs "just whites" due to how easy and fast to make. Chicken breast and steaks also "i love George forman grill ". + 3-4 L of water per day.

I thank you for your time reading, i been this forum a few days and ive decided not to use AS for now "mainly as i havent a scooby do and need to learn more" So i want everything else in check before i move accross to harder stuff.

David
    A couple things I noticed was that you're eating about 8 slices of bread each day. That's a lot. I think you should try to substiitute something else for these sandwiches. Oats and brown rice are good sources for good carbs. Also, are you using "all natural peanut butter?" If not I wouild definately look into it.

You are also getting a lot of your protein and carbs from protein shakes. I did the same thing. The more your budget will allow you to eat real food (lean cuts of meat for your protein) the better results you'll see.

This is just kinda a overview of what I saw, but post up the macros in this diet (protein, carbs, fats, calories) and some of the pros on here will be glad to critique it for you.
    Good luck bro and welecome to AR!

Rugger02, thanks for your unput and welcome its much appreciated.

I will look into get Natural Peanut butter as i use normal at the moment. Also ill ditch the bread for the rice and oats as this is a easy fix for the diet.

Im starting to learn a bit more on cooking so with my new grill i will eat more Real food

Macros info ill get up tomorrow so the diet can be looked into a bit more.

Thanks for your time top reply,
    David

You bet man, you can't go wrong with the Foreman grill! I love mine too, In fact I got some lemon-pepper chicken breasts cookin on mine right now. You may want to start a new thread once you get your numbers plugged into your diet. I think it'll probably get more views that way as compared to if you re-posted it in this thread.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by xo3et View Post

Stats:
    25yrs Old
    5ft 11"
    180Lbs
    Bf "Will check soon"

Diet:
    1pm - Chicken breast or Tuna sandwich + 3 egg whites no need for teh bread here. if you are going to use a lot of carbs, which i follow and believe is a good choice... i'd stick to sweet potatoes, red potatoes or oats. a few slices of toast a day would be ok, so i left meal 2 alone.
    5:30 - Rump Steak with salad and jacket patato + 2 egg whites ideal kind of meal here
    7pm - 2 slice toast with peanut butter not a good meal. have a protein source (beef, steak, eggs, chicken, tuna, and a fat or carb source. wouldn't go pb and bread.
    8pm/9pm - Protien shake
    before bed i find it more satisfying and smarter to have whole foods to allow for longer digestion. try cottage cheese for its quality casein protein and a fibrous carb source (apple, or oats) and a fat source, some flax or fish oil... or nuts.

no need for snacks in between, if you are having trouble hitting your daily calories up your protein amounts in each meal.

David
    my basic critiques in bold.

thanks also novastepp for the advice.

I have just read up more on the cottage cheese and i am about to leave and buy some.

I'm also kicking out most the bread and limiting to 2slices a day and replacing with rice/oats.

cheers again chaps,

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    my basic critiques in bold.
    This dude knows his stuff bro, you're in good hands. Best of luck!

Hi again lads, just a update.

After selecting the proper foods and eating 8 times a day. I weighed myself and i have gained 8lbs.

off to eat

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    1) diets do not work! your body thinks that you are starving it, so it starts to eat your body's stored fat cells. which does make you loose weight, but eventually you will start gaining wait again, and your body will gain extra weight just incase you start to starve it again. here are some basic tips
    a) dont deprive yourself, if you want chips eat them, or chocolate or whatever
    b) chew slowley, and put down your fork, between each bite, this gives you time to chew, and makes you full faster
    c) try not to stress
    2) the thing that worked the best for me, is walking, I have never been able to loose weight, untill I started following theese things I listed above, doing theese things alone, I have lost 60+ pounds in about 4 months.
    the most important thing is, do this for you and your health, not for anyone else!
    Good luck.
    diet is what works. cheating doesn't. setting your fork down in between bites of crap doesn't, and simply walking won't fix anything without a poorly planned diet. the reason you gain the weight back is because you don't change your dietary approach after you lose weight. basics.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    1) diets do not work! your body thinks that you are starving it, so it starts to eat your body's stored fat cells. which does make you loose weight, but eventually you will start gaining wait again, and your body will gain extra weight just incase you start to starve it again. here are some basic tips
    a) dont deprive yourself, if you want chips eat them, or chocolate or whatever
    b) chew slowley, and put down your fork, between each bite, this gives you time to chew, and makes you full faster
    c) try not to stress
    2) the thing that worked the best for me, is walking, I have never been able to loose weight, untill I started following theese things I listed above, doing theese things alone, I have lost 60+ pounds in about 4 months.
    the most important thing is, do this for you and your health, not for anyone else!
    Good luck.

Diets DO work if you stick to them.
    Cheating is important to shock your system, but don't eat sweets and crap because you FEEL like it.
    That's why we get fat in the first place.
    I think the advice you're giving is more for someone who is seriously obese, and not just looking to cut.

And starving is never a good idea if you ask me.

Thread Information