Thread: PM pwo meal ??

HULKBOY is offline Member

PM pwo meal ??

wow its been a long time since i have posted but i have a few questions...

ok this semester i think i am going to start working out in the evenings.. typically i WO around lunch and have protein/dextrose shake PWO and then an hour later carb/meat meal..

if say i get done with WO at 11.. could i slam maybe a dex/pro shake then before bed eat some cottage cheese?? or should i cut out the dex since so close to bed time.. what about the cottage cheese would it be necessary since i just had the shake..

while bulking i typically eat oats and pro shake before bed.. since i am currently trying to lose weight(first time ever) i am trying to be more cautious as to food before bed...

i have an exam tomorrow so i gotta study .. but tomorrow after school i will try and post up my proposed diet and see if i cant get a critique..

thanks for the help..

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY View Post
    wow its been a long time since i have posted but i have a few questions...

ok this semester i think i am going to start working out in the evenings.. typically i WO around lunch and have protein/dextrose shake PWO and then an hour later carb/meat meal..

if say i get done with WO at 11.. could i slam maybe a dex/pro shake then before bed eat some cottage cheese?? or should i cut out the dex since so close to bed time.. what about the cottage cheese would it be necessary since i just had the shake..

while bulking i typically eat oats and pro shake before bed.. since i am currently trying to lose weight(first time ever) i am trying to be more cautious as to food before bed...

i have an exam tomorrow so i gotta study .. but tomorrow after school i will try and post up my proposed diet and see if i cant get a critique..

thanks for the help..
    Yes. I wouldnt cut out the PWO shake no matter what time you go to bed if you want to see the best results from your workout. I lift late at night too since I work 2nd shift and have my PWO shake and before bed I have FF cottage cheese and some almonds.

HULKBOY is offline Member
    awesome thanks.. not big on the almonds though... i assume your munchin on the almonds for the efa's.. what about adding some flax in the pwo shake instead of the almonds later?

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY View Post
    awesome thanks.. not big on the almonds though... i assume your munchin on the almonds for the efa's.. what about adding some flax in the pwo shake instead of the almonds later?
    That works just as well, I just like munchin on some almonds or cashews while I'm reading before bed.

I actually add Fish Oil with my post workout shake when I'm too broke for nuts LOL

Thread Information